What if there are cracks in the teeth? Causes and Treatment
To keep healthy teeth in the modern world is not so simple, but possible. Technology has long stepped forward. Changes occurred not only in the ways of treatment of certain diseases, but also in the manufacture of materials for seals. In addition, there were various drugs that can stop the destruction of tooth enamel. To avoid it, you should regularly visit the dentist's office and detect changes. Cracks in the teeth can appear at any age. There are many reasons for this phenomenon.
What is so dangerous cracks?
Any crack on the tooth enamel is a pathological process, not a cosmetic defect. Ultimately, the development of such a phenomenon can lead to a more serious disease. After all, each tooth consists of three layers: enamel, solid dentin and pulp, through which the nerves and blood vessels pass. Gradually, the cracks become deeper. The edges of the chopped enamel come into motion when the jaw is closed and opened. This causes the onset of pain.
In the absence of proper therapy, the crack ext
Cracks in the teeth most often occur due to violation of personal hygiene rules, as well as the rules of nutrition. To the physiological reasons for this phenomenon can be attributed:
- The use of certain drugs, the components of which are able to penetrate the human saliva.
- Sharp temperature changes. This phenomenon is observed when you use both cold and very hot products.
- Thinning of the enamel causes carbonated drinks, sour juices and citrus fruits.
- Application of toothpastes with bleaching effect, since they contain aggressive substances.
This is the most common group of reasons for the destruction of enamel. Most often, cracks and chips are caused by bad habits. These include:
- Opening bottles or cans with teeth.
- The habit of gnawing solid objects, such as pencils, pens.
- Minor injuries. Most often they occur in young children during the game.
All these factors negatively affect the state of tooth enamel. Untimely removal of damages can lead to the development of irreversible processes.
Classification of cracks
Splitting of tooth enamel can occur in several directions. Proceeding from this, a classification of cracks was made. Dentists distinguish several varieties:
- Vertical split. The crack passes through the entire tooth, dividing it into two parts. At the same time, the split begins near the crown and points downwards to the root. Often such deformation goes deep into the gums.
- Horizontal split. This is a minor damage, which can provoke the separation of a small piece of tooth.
- Inclined split. It is located, as a rule, diagonally. In the absence of therapy, a considerable part of the tooth is chipped.
- Internal. When viewed, such a split is invisible. However, after a while it leads to a serious complication.
Signs of cracks in the teeth
You can detect surface cracks in the front teeth during visual inspection. With internal damages everything is much more complicated. Most often, they are found when the tooth tissue is destroyed. So, to detect violations of the integrity of the surface, enough to eat the coloring product, and then conduct a visual inspection. The crack on the tooth( front) will be noticeable even without the use of special tools.
In addition to this, disruption of the integrity of the surfaces of the teeth causes unpleasant sensations. The second sign of cracks is pain. In this case, the damage affects the pulp. Pain sensations often occur during chewing food, when the jaw is closed, as well as when brushing your teeth and with sudden temperature changes.
The basic methods of therapy
Inclined cracks in the teeth, as a rule, are masked with veneers. The horizontal split is treatable. In some cases, such cracks require the removal of pulp. This is necessary when it is damaged. If there is a crack in the root of the tooth or near the gums, then either complete restoration or removal is performed.
Vertical disorders are treated by pulping and filling channels. It is often necessary to install special crowns. If the split has gone deep into the root, the tooth is removed. As for internal splits, they often lead to serious complications and injuries. In this case, the tooth is removed, and then the prosthesis is performed.
Crack on the tooth: what to do?
To prevent the development of unpleasant consequences can be various methods. They are mainly aimed at strengthening enamel. Remineralization is one of the most popular methods. Dentists usually appoint gels, which contain active components: fluoride, calcium, phosphorus. A soft formula of this preparation prevents mechanical damage to the surface of the teeth. The drug does not cause any discomfort.
After remineralization, it is necessary to close the cracks on the tooth enamel. This will prevent the development of pathological phenomena. For these purposes, a composite lacquer is often used. The composition is applied gently to the tooth surface, where it dries. According to European studies, such a drug is absolutely safe for human health. Thanks to a special varnish it is possible to strengthen the surface of the teeth. However, the coating itself is short-lived. To update, you must visit the dentist once every 6 months.
If you can not cover the surface of the teeth with a special varnish, then veneers are installed. These products have very thin walls and are made of ceramics. When installing the product, the anatomical features and color of the enamel are taken into account. Veneers can completely hide aesthetic defects, as well as protect the tooth from injury. The products are selected individually for each patient.
During the procedures described above it is not recommended to use bleaching compounds. If necessary, you can completely eliminate cracks in the teeth. Treatment should be performed by a dentist. In cosmetology salons, such problems are not solved.
Compliance with the regime and rules for feeding
To avoid cracks in the teeth, it is necessary to protect yourself from bumps and injuries, and should eat properly and stop smoking. To strengthen the tissues of the tooth in the diet should include the following products:
- Cheese hard varieties. It contains a large amount of phosphorus and calcium.
- Basil, dill and parsley. The composition of greenery includes essential oils, which promote better disinfection of the oral cavity.
- Fruits, vegetables and berries, containing many vitamins and minerals.
- Sour-milk products.
- Juices, preferably natural. It is not recommended to add sugar to the drink.
There is a list of what should be discarded. First of all it is:
- Strongly cold and hot drinks.
- Salted products. Experts believe that salt promotes the rapid washing out of calcium from the body.
- Alcoholic beverages.
Recommendations of specialists
If there is no possibility to eat well and give up bad habits, dentists recommend purchasing a special complex of minerals in the pharmacy, which contains vitamin D. This substance promotes the absorption of calcium. In addition, some rules should be followed:
- After each meal, you need to brush your teeth. If there is no such possibility, then it is possible to rinse the oral cavity with water or a special compound.
- For prevention, you must visit the dentist once every 6 months.
- You can rinse the oral cavity with herbal decoctions. For these purposes, the bark of oak, chamomile and sage will suit.
- If the upper layer of teeth is thinned and sensitivity is increased, then the pastes with bleaching effect should be discarded.
- Regularly, you need to massage the gums with a soft-fleeced brush. This allows you to increase the flow of blood to the tissues.
- For daily use, firming pastes are recommended.
In the end
If the teeth showed cracks, then they will not be able to eliminate them at home. Will save from further destruction only a visit to the dentist. It is worth noting that children are more prone to such a phenomenon, as the baby's teeth are easily injured. Ignore the cracks on the teeth is not worth it, as they can lead to a split. As a result of this, only a small fragment can remain from the whole structure. In such cases, the tooth is either removed or restored. For this, pins, crowns, composite material, as well as implants can be used. A crack between the teeth can also lead to negative consequences. The problem is that it is very difficult to detect it even for a dentist.