Lingonberry: lowers or increases pressure, features of application, recipes and recommendations
It should be noted that in folk medicine, when problems with the cardiovascular system are often used cranberries. Does this product increase or decrease the pressure? How correctly to prepare home medicines? What is a plant?
Cowberry: a description of the plant
To get started, it is worth familiar with the general information about the product. Cowberry is a small evergreen shrub( about 30 cm in height).The stems of the plant are straight, with many branches, and the leaves are round, petiolate.
Flowers are collected in a brush and are located on short pedicels. By the way, they publish though weak, but very pleasant aroma. The plant begins to bear fruit two years after planting. Initially, small greenish fruits in the late summer acquire a rich coral color. Cowberry grows almost everywhere, but most often bushes can be seen in swamps, in forests. Optimal for the plant is acid soil. This is a perennial plant whose life span sometimes reaches 300 years.
Features of the fruit composition
It should be noted that the fruit of cowberry( as well as other parts of the plant) have a unique composition. First of all, it should be said that the product contains a huge amount of vitamins, including vitamins A and E, as well as ascorbic acid, which positively affects the state of the blood vessels and improves the functioning of the immune system.
Fruits contain glucose fructose and sucrose, which provide the body with energy. In the composition there are also useful minerals, in particular, phosphorus, potassium, iron, manganese, calcium, magnesium. Together with the fruits in the body are also useful organic acids, including apple, salicylic, lemon. The composition contains pectins, tannins, fatty acids, including linoleic and linolenic.
Cowberry raises or lowers blood pressure?
In folk medicine, lingonberries are very often used. Increases or lowers the pressure of this plant and its fruits? For this, it is necessary to consider the mechanism of the effect of the product on the human body.
Cowberry berries positively affect the vessels, increasing the elasticity of their walls. In addition, these fruits have tonic properties in relation to the heart muscle. This leads to normalization of the pressure indices. This plant is used for hypertension - in this case they are really effective.
If you are going to use tonic cranberries( this product is increased or lowered, we have already found out), then it should be understood that decoctions and other medicines from the fruits of this plant are not capable of eliminating the root cause of hypertension. In no case should not abandon the medication prescribed by a doctor. Any medicinal plants can be used only with the permission of the doctor.
How to prepare homemade medicine for problems with pressure?
In folk medicine often used berries cranberries in hypertension( raise or lower the pressure of these fruits you already know).But to achieve maximum effect, the medicine should be properly prepared.
If you have problems with pressure from time to time, you should always keep a jar of dried berries in the refrigerator.1-2 spoons will be enough to temporarily stabilize vital signs.
The medicine can be prepared from other parts of the plant. For example, to prepare the decoction, you can take crushed fresh flowers, stems and leaves( a total of 50 g), pour 500 ml of boiling water and put on a small fire. The mixture should be heated for 20 minutes, then cool the drink. After 5 hours, the broth can be filtered. When hypertension specialists recommend drinking half a glass three times a day.
Other medicinal properties of the product
You already know about how it affects the cardiovascular system of cranberries, increases or lowers the pressure of this plant. Nevertheless, the product has a mass of other useful properties.
- Corrects the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Helps maintain glucose levels in diabetes mellitus.
- Increases hemoglobin levels, is used to prevent anemia.
- Improves peristalsis of the intestine and positively affects digestion.
- Used for hysteria, neuroses and other disorders from the central nervous system.
- Accelerates treatment for colds, viral and bacterial infections, as it activates the immune system.
Why are cranberries assigned to women?
You already know about whether lowers or increases cranberry pressure. Features of the effect of this product on the female body, by the way, are also available.
- Many women say that regular intake of home remedies from cranberries helps to improve skin color.
- The plant also slows down the appearance of the first signs of aging.
- Drinks from the fruit of cranberries eliminate apathy, help fight depression.
- Decoctions from various parts of the plant are widely used in cosmetology. In particular, they prepare skin tonics, hair rinses.
Recipes of home remedies from cowberry
We have already figured out how it affects the heart and vessels of cranberries, lowers or increases blood pressure. Recipes for preparing home remedies are fairly simple.
- Tea from cowberries. Tasty and easy to prepare medicine. A teaspoonful of dried leaves of red bilberry pour 200-250 ml of boiling water, cover the container with a lid and leave for half an hour. Drink recommended for 100 mg three times a day. It's better to do this before eating.
- Decoction from the leaves of the plant. Ingredients for cooking - a glass of boiling water and two tablespoons of leaves of the plant. The mixture should be prepared in a water bath for half an hour, after which it is cooled and filtered. You need to take 1/3 cup approximately 2-4 times a day. This medicine helps with urolithiasis.
- Lingonberry water. To prepare the medicine, you need to fill the glass jar with plant berries, pour it with boiled water( but cold).Keep the product in a dark, cool place. By the way, this is a fairly effective laxative.
- Infusion of fruits. Take 200 g of fruit, rinse with hot water, then put them in a container, pour 400 ml of cold water( it must first be boiled), cover and leave for 6 hours. Experts recommend taking 100 ml four times a day( it's better to do this before eating).
- Infusion from the leaves of the plant. A good medicine can be prepared from the leaves of the plant. Four teaspoons of raw materials you need to pour 500 ml of boiling water and cook in a water bath( enough will be fifteen minutes).Next, the broth should be cooled, filtered and brought to the original volume, diluted with boiled water. Take 2-3 times a day for 50 ml.
- Rinse mouth. With stomatitis, periodontal disease, it is worthwhile to use special solutions for mouthwash. Cook them simply: 10 g of leaves need to pour hot water( about 200 ml) and cook in a water bath for 25-30 minutes. The broth is filtered and used to treat the oral cavity.
By the way, from bilberries you can brew compotes, prepare fruit drinks, store berries in sugar - each of these products will be useful in its own way.
Contraindications to the use of this product
In fact, such a healing plant is not always useful. For example, above we considered the answer to the question of how it affects the cardiovascular system of cranberries, raises or lowers the pressure of this product. This home remedy helps to cope with increased blood pressure, but it is contraindicated in hypotension.
Also it is not necessary to use this product in the presence of gastritis, ulcers, as well as pathologies accompanied by high acidity. In addition, berries act as soft anticoagulants, so they should not be used for people with bleeding disorders, at the risk of internal bleeding, during rehabilitation after surgery. To contraindications also include kidney disease, urolithiasis, cholecystitis.
You already know about how cowberry influences pressure, raises or lowers it, and what properties it has. Nevertheless, do not engage in self-medication, especially if it is a serious illness - without an examination and a doctor's consultation is indispensable.