Fenpiverinia bromide: pharmacological properties, instructions for use, analogues
Many modern drugs contain a component such as fenpiverinia bromide. This substance has a lot of useful properties, it can remove spasm and eliminate pain syndrome. Naturally, many people are looking for additional information about this tool. For example, it is not a secret for anyone that this substance is a part of such drugs as "Novospazm" and "Spazmalgon".
What helps this component? How does it affect the body? Are there any contraindications? Can any complications arise on the background of therapy? The answers to these questions are important.
Many cholinolytic and vegetotrophic agents contain this particular component. They, by the way, are available in the form of tablets and solutions and are used in a variety of situations. The full chemical name is 1-( 3-carbamoyl-3,3-diphenylpropyl) -1-methylpiperidinium bromide.
Fenpiverinia bromide: pharmacological properties of
Of course, it is worth familiar with the main properties of the substance. So, what effect
As studies have shown, after oral administration of Fenpiverinii bromidum is quickly absorbed by the walls of the digestive tract. The maximum concentration of this substance in the blood is observed after about an hour, although the first effect appears after a few minutes.
It should be noted that this component of a variety of drugs does not pass through the blood-brain barrier, therefore, there is no serious effect on the central nervous system. The substance is processed by liver cells. Most fenpiverinia and its metabolites are excreted by the kidneys( part of the substance penetrates into the bile and, accordingly, the digestive system).The elimination half-life is 10 hours.
What preparations contain fenpiverinia bromide? Analogs, combined
It should be noted immediately that this substance is not used in its pure form - it is an active component of many combination medicines along with other chemical compounds.
- To begin with, we note that fenpiverinium is part of the widely used drug "Spasmalgon."What helps the drug? He perfectly copes with the pain syndrome caused by spasms of smooth muscles. By the way, other active components are present in its composition, including pituopenone and metamizole sodium. The same composition has other medicines: Spasmaton, Maxigal, Bralangin, Trinalgin, Revalgin, Spazgan, and Bral.
- Such drugs as "Novospazm", "Novigan" and "Spazgan Neo" contain in their composition fenpiverinia bromide, as well as pituopenone and ibuprofen. Drugs not only quickly eliminate spasm, but also have anti-inflammatory properties.
The main indications for the use of
Fentiviperinium bromide in various combination preparations are used in many cases:
- With mild or moderate pain syndrome, which is associated with spasm of smooth muscles of internal organs. Indications include spasm of the bladder and ureter, bile, kidney and intestinal colic, chronic colitis, various diseases of the pelvic organs, biliary dyskinesia, algodismenorea.
- As a part of complex therapy, these medications are used for myalgia, neuralgia, as well as ishialgia and arthralgia.
- Drugs with the above-described component are used to eliminate the pain syndrome after various diagnostic procedures and surgical interventions.
How do I take the medicine?
How correctly to take fenpiverinia bromide? Instructions for use directly depends on what kind of combination medicine a person takes. For example, when it comes to the use of the drug "Spasmalgon", patients are advised to take 1-2 tablets approximately 2-3 times a day( all depends on the degree of pain syndrome).But in the case of "Bralangin" a single dose is 2 tablets( patients, as a rule, take the medicine four times a day).
It should be noted that if it is a long-term use of fenpiverinia bromide( more than seven days), it is very important to monitor the functioning of the liver and changes in peripheral blood.
Although the medicines with this component are sold without a prescription, they are not always safe, especially if the patient has contraindications:
- hypersensitivity( before the start of therapy it is worth to study the full composition of the chosen medicine, since the allergy can develop and if it getsin the body of auxiliary components);
- marked renal failure;
- severe forms of hepatic insufficiency;
- abnormal hematopoiesis in the bone marrow;
- some diseases of the circulatory system, including severe forms of angina pectoris, tachyarrhythmia, as well as decompensated forms of heart failure;
- intestinal obstruction regardless of origin;
- hyperplasia of the prostate( in the event that there are clinical manifestations of pathology);
- closed angle glaucoma;
- period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
There are age limits to the use of this substance, but in this case it all depends on the variety of the drug taken, the form of release and other factors.
Are there any complications with therapy?
Is it safe to take medications that contain fenpiverinia bromide? The official instruction and results of scientific researches testify that occurrence of complications on a background of therapy is possible. The list of adverse reactions is quite impressive:
- There may be abnormalities on the part of the organs of vision and the nervous system. For example, some patients complain of headaches and frequent dizziness. Perhaps the violation and paresis of accommodation, various visual disturbances.
- There is a risk of cardiovascular system disorders. To the list of side effects include increased heart rate, tachycardia, lower blood pressure, hyperemia and cyanosis.
- The development of agranulocytosis is possible on the background of therapy. A similar pathology is accompanied by a rapid, unexplained increase in body temperature, chills, sore throats, problems with swallowing, the development of stomatitis, vaginitis, and proctitis.
- Sometimes there is a disruption of the digestive system. This is accompanied by vomiting( sometimes with impurities of blood), constipation and other disorders of the stool, dry mouth, pain and discomfort in the stomach, burning in the stomach. To more serious complications include exacerbations of already existing gastritis, the formation of ulcers on the mucous membrane, bleeding in the intestine.
- The substance may affect the respiratory system, which sometimes leads to bronchospasm.
- Therapy sometimes affects the organs of the genitourinary system. Some patients complain of urinary retention, problems with urination. Anuria, proteinuria, polyuria develops. To more severe complications include functional disorders of the kidneys, the development of interstitial nephritis.
- Allergic reactions are also possible. The most common is urticaria, in which the rash appears not only on the skin, but also on the conjunctiva and mucous tissues of the nasopharynx. There is a risk of developing malignant exudative erythema, as well as toxic epidermal necrolysis. In some patients, after the medication appears angioedema, anaphylactic shock.
- Other complications include reducing the amount of secreted sweat, as well as asthenia.
- When it comes to intravenous or intramuscular administration, pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site are possible.
Of course, complications are rarely recorded. But if you notice any deterioration in yourself, taking pills( or other medicinal forms) should stop immediately and show your doctor.
Information on the overdose of
When using too large amounts of fenpiverinia bromide, various complications may occur. Patients with an overdose complain of severe pain in the abdomen, nausea, tinnitus. There is hypothermia, severe shortness of breath, a sharp drop in blood pressure, as well as drowsiness and impaired consciousness, sometimes down to delirium. In more severe cases, a large amount of medication is associated with convulsions, the development of acute renal and hepatic insufficiency, paralysis of the respiratory muscles. Treatment in this case is symptomatic. First, the patient is washed with the stomach, after which sorbents are introduced. In severe cases, the patient needs hemodialysis. With cramps, the use of "Diazepam" is possible.
It is worth saying that this substance in one way or another affects the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate. This information should be taken into account, for example, drivers, as well as people who work with equipment that requires quick response.
As for the drug interaction, fenpiverinia bromide should not be taken concomitantly with phenothiazine, tricyclic antidepressants, quinidine, butyrophenones, as this enhances its m-holin-blocking effect.