Pathology of speech and neurorehabilitation center, Moscow. Description, services and reviews
Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation is a state institution in the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. The clinic carries out activities aimed at studying and treating higher mental functions since 1968.Adults and children with speech pathologies, brain traumas, stroke, violent actions, operations, etc. are accepted for treatment.
For the rehabilitation and treatment of patients with mental health problems, the clinic of speech pathology and neurorehabilitation was opened. The Center carries out activities not only within the framework of its hospital, but also implements organizational work for treatment and prevention institutions of various types in the city of Moscow.
Accumulated experience and scientific activity allowed the clinic to develop specialized programs for neurorehabilitation of patients with pathologies such as:
- Stroke and its consequences.
- Brain cortex injuries of varying degrees of complexity.
- Diseases of the larynx, voice disorders.
- Stammering and other speech disorders.
- Underdevelopment of speech functions in children( dysgraphia, stammering, etc.).
- Consequences of stroke, neuroinfections, trauma in children.
The main principles of the practical application of treatment methods are:
- Early rehabilitation.
- Continuity of medical measures.
- Intensity of measures applied.
- Sufficient process time( up to 90 days).
- Complex application of rehabilitation measures at each stage of rehabilitation treatment.
- Diagnosis( clinical, neuropsychological).
- Constant monitoring of the patient's condition in all manifestations( somatic, neurology, psychiatry, psychology).
- Monitoring the appropriateness of measures taken.
- Involving loved ones( family, friends) in the process of rehabilitation of the patient.
- Support the patient at every stage, help in solving social, psychological, adaptive, domestic, labor problems.
Assistance to patients living in Moscow, is on a budgetary basis.
Indications and contraindications
Many diseases require the treatment of arisen speech pathology and neurorehabilitation. The center accepts patients according to the following indications:
- Speech and speech communication disorders( logoneurosis).
- An upset of mental functions with or without motor function impairments resulting from a stroke, head injury, oncology, infectious and other brain damage.
Contraindications for care in the Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation( Moscow) are:
- Diseases in a chronic or acute form, the treatment of which requires a specialized approach.
- Infectious diseases( infectious, skin, venereal).Diseases of the central nervous system( hereditary, degenerative).
- Mental diseases( dementia, alcoholism, drug addiction, epilepsy with frequent seizures, etc.).
- Violations of motor functions, excluding the possibility of self-service and movement on their own.
- Hearing and speech disorders to the extent that it is not possible to conduct pedagogical work with the patient.
The structure of the Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation includes the following departments:
- Department for adult patients with cerebral lesions.
- Five daily hospitals.
- Children's department.
- Complex of diagnostic departments( MRI, X-ray, ultrasound, functional diagnostics, laboratory department).The hospital is a daily form of stay.
- Specialized departments( optotherapy, cardiac rehabilitation, ergotherapy, reflexotherapy, physiotherapy, etc.).
- Hospital at home.
- Medical Psychology.
Doctors of the ambulatory polyclinic department of the Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation( Moscow) conduct an initial reception of patients, which determine which form of care will be useful - specialized inpatient, outpatient, etc. The primary reception is comprehensive and is conducted in collaboration with physicians of related specialties- a neurologist, a psychiatrist, a dermatologist, a defectologist, a neuropsychologist, etc. Additional tests are used to clarify the diagnosis.
The final verdict is made by the selection committee of the pathology of speech and neurorehabilitation clinic. The center takes the patient to a specialized department where a set of necessary medical procedures is carried out, in which specialists from other areas of medicine are involved. For each patient a personal program is formed, including medication, physiotherapy procedures.
Aims and objectives of
The main tasks of the clinic are:
- Survey and patient counseling.
- Statement of the diagnosis and degree of defeat of speech functions.
- Evaluation of the patient's condition( psycho-neurological, somatic), determination of indications and contra-indications of the stay of the clinic for pathology of speech and neurorehabilitation. The center accepts patients for treatment without contraindications.
- Doctors of the outpatient consultation clinic prepare the justifications and documents for the selection committee.
Documents required for examination in the polyclinic:
- Passport, SNILS, MHI policy.
- Direction of the attending precinct physician from the polyclinic( inpatient, other medical institutions where the patient underwent treatment or examination).
- Results of analyzes and surveys( images in the original).
Moscow citizens receive free treatment. Nonresident patients pay for treatment at a commercial cost or are served free of charge in the direction of the Moscow City Health Department. Background information and an appointment are made at the reception desk by phone 698 04 14.
The inpatient department is under 24-hour supervision of specialists, designed for the stay of 230 adults and 25 children( including accompanied by the mother).The department of the day hospital serves 120 people daily, treatment under the program "Hospital at home" is designed for 100 people. Each patient can count on a full course of treatment of speech pathology and neurorehabilitation.
The Center develops personal programs for patient recovery and treatment. The complex of measures includes individual or group sessions with a psychologist, occupational therapy, massage, exercise therapy. At each stage, test analyzes are carried out( clinical, EEG, ECG, ultrasound, etc.).The course of treatment is from 45 to 90 days with the possibility of further extension.
The Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation in Taganka places patients in six daily hospitals, one of which is designed for children. Patients with different capacities ranging from one to six people are equipped for patients' stay.
The day hospital provides treatment for patients with neurotrauma, the consequences of cerebral infarctions. Visits to the procedures are agreed for each patient individually according to the indications of a physical condition and is at least 2 visits a week. The main condition of the service is the possibility of an independent movement of the patient around the city and the arrival at the clinic of the pathology of speech and neurorehabilitation.
Center, within the framework of day hospital treatment, provides patients with:
- Two meals a day.
- Logopedic classes( group, individual).
- LFK, massage, physiotherapy.
- Specialty therapy, reflexology, etc.
The reception is conducted by specialists with extensive experience and high qualification in the following areas: neurology, psychology, psychiatry, defectology, dermatology, etc.
The day hospital department for treatment of patients with logoneuroses performs a set of procedures for 90 days, of which 45 days of treatment are performed in a day hospital and 45 days the patient is treated in closed outpatient groups( 3 times a week).
The complex of activities includes individual and group sessions with a psychologist, hydrotherapy, medications, acupuncture, etc. At the stage of diagnosis, the specialist detects the degree of deviations and at the discharge makes individual recommendations for further rehabilitation at home.
The Moscow Center for Pathology and Neurorehabilitation provides medical and psychological assistance to children and adolescents with severe speech disorders, including stuttering, dysgraphy, speech development delay, consequences of birth injuries, CNS injuries, brain trauma consequences, heart attacks andstrokes. Target audience of the department are children from 3 to 15 years.
The structure of the children's department includes:
- Ambulance( capacity - up to 250 visits per day).
- Hospital( round-the-clock observation and treatment for children from 2 to 15 years with consequences of neuroinfections, brain injuries, local CNS lesions, stroke).Length of stay in the hospital up to 90 days.
- Day hospital( for children with stuttering)
A separate program for the treatment of speech pathology and neurorehabilitation is developed for each child. The center conducts dynamic monitoring of each small patient, after the course is offered preventive treatment under the supervision of specialists. Telephone of the children's department - 698 04 15.
A special form of care for patients at home, requiring treatment of speech pathology and neurorehabilitation. The center provides such a form of treatment for patients suffering from the consequences of a stroke, and for those who are limited in the ability to move. A home-based hospital is available to patients with brain tumors, CNS injuries, discharged from the inpatient department of the Center for Cerebral Palsy and patients whose condition does not allow receiving treatment for other forms of care.
The patient is included in the program by the selection committee, after the initial admission in the outpatient department. The complex of rehabilitation programs includes:
- Survey by specialized specialists( neurologist, therapist).
- Up to 40 sessions with a speech therapist.
- Consultations and examinations of a neuropsychologist( family counseling is possible).
- As a result of the examination, the neuropsychologist may be assigned additional tests by specialists from related fields( speech therapist, otolaryngologist, ophthalmologist, oculist, etc.).
Many positive reviews were left by patients who underwent a stroke recovery at the Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation. They say that they did not expect to get an improvement in their condition, many had partial paralysis of one side of the body, indistinct speech and depression. After the course of procedures, the situation improved significantly, and progress in the condition became noticeable. Some have recovered completely, and someone has to undergo a second course of treatment.
Moms of young children claim that they received a full consultation in the Center, a specified diagnosis, and the prescribed treatment helped the children to begin to normally talk and show interest in knowing the world.
Negative reviews are dedicated to some doctors who were not attentive at the reception and therefore could not deliver an accurate diagnosis and, as a result, the patient did not receive adequate treatment. Also, there were remarks that it is very difficult to get to the Moscow Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation because the queue is painted for years ahead. Some talk about the small load of the children's department, where, nevertheless, they do not accept patients,
The Center for Speech Pathology and Neurorehabilitation of Shklovsky is located in Moscow at 20 Nikolayskaya Street, building 1( Taganskaya metro station).The registration of the office for adults is open from Monday to Friday, working hours - from 09:00 to 19:00, telephone - 598 04 14.