Syrup "Cofisma": instructions for use, description, composition and reviews
Every person from time to time faces such a problem as coughing. This symptom is accompanied by a huge number of diseases, including respiratory infections. And often in such cases the doctor recommends the patient taking the drug "Cofisma".The syrup helps to cope with bothersome coughing attacks.
Of course, before the start of therapy is worth looking for information about the drug. What components are the cough syrup "Cofisma"?What result can be achieved with the help of the medicine? Is there any possible complication of therapy? How much is a bottle of syrup? Many people are interested in answering these questions.
Features of the composition. Information on the form of release
How does the preparation "Cofisma" look and what does it consist of? The syrup has an orange color, a pleasant pineapple flavor and a sweet taste. The medicine is sold in vials of dark glass with a volume of 100 or 200 ml.
Immediately it is worth mentioning that this combination is a combination of three activ
What are the properties of the drug?
How does the drug "Cofasma"( syrup) affect the body? The instruction contains information that the preparation has a mass of useful properties, which is due to the peculiarities of the effect on the body of its active components.
- Salbutamol is active against beta-2adrenoreceptors of bronchial tubes, myometrium and blood vessels. This substance removes spasm of the bronchi, increases the capacity of the lungs, provides expansion of the coronary arteries. In this case, the substance does not affect blood pressure.
- Bromhexine is an effective mucolytic substance that enhances the activity of the ciliated respiratory epithelium, increases the volume and reduces the viscosity of sputum.
- Guaifenesin is also a mucolytic component. It reduces the viscosity of sputum, facilitates the process of its removal, and also accelerates the transition time of non-productive cough to the productive form.
When is it necessary to apply the medication? List of indications
When should I take Cofasma? Syrup is widely used for cough elimination in various diseases, including:
- bronchial asthma;
- acute and chronic forms of bronchitis;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- with emphysema;
- pneumonia; pneumonia;
- tuberculosis that affects lung tissue;
- whooping cough;
It should be understood that this medicine does not cure the disease itself, it only helps to eliminate one of its symptoms. That is why the syrup is only part of the complex therapy. The drug should be taken if the cough is accompanied by the formation of viscous hard-to-separate sputum.
Preparation "Cofisma"( syrup): instruction for use
Do not engage in self-medication - choose a medicine and make an effective treatment scheme can only a doctor. As a rule, patients over 12 years( including the adult category) are recommended to drink two teaspoons( 10 ml) of syrup three times a day. The ingestion of food does not affect the process of assimilation by the body of this remedy.
By the way, in pediatrics, the drug "Cofasma"( syrup) is also often used. Instructions for use for children looks a little different. Small patients who have not reached the age of 6 take 5 ml three times a day( on a teaspoonful).A child aged 6 to 12 years old, as a rule, is recommended to take 5-10 ml three times a day. Of course, a specialist can correct the scheme depending on the general condition of the patient.
When should I not use the medicine? Information on contraindications
Is it always possible to take the drug "Cofisma".A syrup( the instruction confirms this) has a number of limitations, and their list should be studied. Contraindications include:
- hypersensitivity to any of the drug components( there is a risk of developing an allergic reaction);
- diseases of the endocrine system, including thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus( decompensated form);
- metabolic disorders, including phenylketonuria;
- pathology of the cardiovascular system, including tachycardia, myocarditis, tachyarrhythmia, certain heart defects( eg, aortic stenosis);
- various forms of renal and hepatic insufficiency;
- diseases of the digestive tract, including ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum, gastric bleeding at an active stage;
- this medicine should not be taken concomitantly with beta-blockers;
- to the list of contraindications include glaucoma;
- medication should not be taken in women, as well as new mothers during breastfeeding.
Before starting therapy, the physician should collect a complete history in order to determine whether the patient has any contraindications.
Possible adverse reactions and complications with overdose
According to statistics and reviews, this syrup in most cases is well tolerated. On the other hand, the probability of occurrence of complications on the background of therapy should not be ruled out.
- Allergies. Some patients face such a problem as skin rashes, redness and itching. Much less often against the background of therapy develops hives and bronchospasm.
- Nervous system. The drug can cause muscle cramps, as well as tremor of the hands. Symptoms such as sleep disorders( insomnia or constant drowsiness), headaches, increased excitability, dizziness, occur only when too much syrup is taken.
- The digestive system. In some patients, the drug causes nausea, vomiting, and sometimes diarrhea. It is also possible to exacerbate the already existing peptic ulcer of different parts of the digestive tract.
- Heart and vascular system. On the background of therapy, it is possible to lower blood pressure. In rare cases, the syrup causes peripheral vasodilation, tachycardia, collapse.
- Urinary tract. Sometimes after starting the syrup, urine acquires a pink tint.
As for the overdose, in this case the side effects only increase. In this case, the patient needs to be rushed to the hospital. Therapy is symptomatic and directly depends on the complications that have appeared.
How does the syrup interact with other drugs?
As mentioned, this drug can not be taken simultaneously with beta-blockers, as there is a high risk of developing tachyarrhythmia.
The use of tricyclic antidepressants increases the effect of salbutamol, which can lead to a sharp( sometimes dangerous) decrease in blood pressure. Also, the syrup should not be combined with codeine and other antitussive medicines, as this can significantly complicate the departure of phlegm.
If you take this medicine with antibacterial agents( for example, "Tsefaleksinom", "Erythromycin"), then the increased penetration of antibiotics into the lung tissue.
How much is the medicine?
For many patients, the cost of "Cofasma" is an important point. A syrup does not cost much, although the exact price will depend on the place of purchase and some other factors. A bottle with a volume of 200 ml will cost about 260-300 rubles. It is worth noting that this cost is fully justified, since the medicine can solve a lot of problems.
Information on effective analogs
What if, for one reason or another, this drug is not suitable? In fact, there are a huge number of drugs that have about the same properties.
For example, salbutamol is a part of such medicines as Kombipek and Astalin. Cure with an unproductive cough will help preparations "Ascoril", "Bromgeksin", "Bronchostop".These drugs are available in the form of syrups and tablets, have a different dosage and are suitable for patients of different ages. Naturally, only an attending physician can choose an effective and, most importantly, safe medicine.
"Cofisma" preparation( syrup): feedback from
It is always useful to read the official information. What is the medicine "Cofisma"( syrup)?Instruction, price, properties are important points. But sometimes it is useful to get acquainted with the opinions of specialists and patients.
Reviews for the most part are positive. The drug actually helps cope with the cough. Patients note that after 2-3 days after the initiation of therapy, cough becomes more productive, and seizures are less intense. Sometimes a week of treatment is enough to completely get rid of this symptom.
Another advantage is the relatively low cost, as many analogues with a similar composition cost a larger amount. To drawbacks can be attributed except that not too pleasant taste of the drug "Kofasm"( syrup).For children, this factor is not the last value.
However, doctors often recommend this tool. It really helps to solve a lot of problems, although it is not worth taking it yourself( without consulting a specialist).