The drug "Ferro-Folgamma": reviews, instructions for use
The drug called Ferro-Folgamma is an anti-anemic agent and has a combined composition. The drug is a complex of vitamins with microelements. Let's examine this medication in detail, and also learn what people tell about it.
"Ferro-Folgamma" - composition of
Let's consider more in detail what informs us about the composition of the instruction. One capsule of the drug contains the following components:
- 100 milligrams of iron sulfate anhydrous.
- 100 milligrams of ascorbic acid.
- 5 milligrams of folic acid.
- 10 micrograms of cyanocobalamin.
Excipients were ingredients such as hard fat, rapeseed oil, soy lecithin and a seventy percent sorbitol solution. Also, the composition of the drug includes red and black iron oxide.
Pharmacological action of the drug
Iron sulphate, which is part of the drug, replenishes the deficiency of this trace element in the human body. Iron is directly contained in hemoglobin, myoglobin and a number of different enzymes. Iron, being a structur
Ascorbic acid, which is part of the drug, helps improve the absorption of iron. Cyanocobalamin along with folic acid takes part in the formation and maturation of erythrocytes.
Active components of the drug "Ferro-Folgamma" are enclosed in a special shell, which ensures better absorption of components. The absorption process is carried out mainly from the upper region of the small intestine. The absence of any irritating effect on the gastric mucosa favors the good tolerability of the medication on the part of the digestive organs.
Indications for the use of the drug
With the use of medication, the following diseases and pathologies are treated:
- Anemia, which is caused by a combination of several forms of iron deficiency, folic acid along with vitamin "B12".
- Anemia that occurs as a result of chronic blood loss. As an example in this case, you can lead to gastric and intestinal bleeding, as well as discharge from the bladder.
- Chronic alcoholism.
- Various infectious diseases.
- When taking anticonvulsants it is desirable to prescribe "Ferro-Folgamma".
- When using oral contraceptives.
- Treatment of anemia that occurs during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
- Prophylaxis of iron deficiency in postpartum periods.
Instruction for the application of "Ferro-Folgamma"
Reviews of the drug confirm that it is usually well tolerated. Against the backdrop of mild anemia, this drug is prescribed to patients in the amount of one capsule three times a day for three to four weeks. If there is an average or severe form of anemia, Ferro-Folgamma should take one capsule three times a day for a period of twelve weeks. In the treatment of severe anemia, this drug is prescribed two capsules three times a day for sixteen or more weeks.
For preventive purposes when eliminating the deficiency of folic acid and iron, including in the presence of pregnancy, the drug is prescribed one capsule three times a day. Typically, doctors appoint him pregnant in the second trimester, as well as during the postpartum period during lactation. The medicine in all cases must be taken after a meal.
According to the instructions and reviews for Ferro-Folgamme, the following symptoms occur when an overdose occurs:
- Appearance of epigastric pain.
- Painful condition, accompanied by nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Development of drowsiness along with pallor of the skin.
- The development of shock, up to the state of coma, is not ruled out.
If these symptoms persist, seek medical attention immediately. As part of the treatment with an overdose of the drug requires urgent gastric lavage. It is not superfluous to perform symptomatic therapy.
Antidote is a remedy called deferoxamine. To ensure that the patient does not experience the above-described conditions due to an overdose, it is required to strictly adhere to the medicinal dosages of the drug and in no case to abuse its quantity. This confirms the instruction to "Ferro-Folgamme".
Probable side effects from
The side effects can not be ruled out when taking the drug. In particular, side effects can affect the work of the digestive system, as well as the functioning of the central nervous system.
According to reviews, Ferro-Folgamma sometimes provokes epigastric pain, diarrhea and constipation from the digestive system. On the part of the nervous system, the body can respond by disturbing sleep, and in some cases, the appearance of excessive excitement and depression. Sometimes there are various kinds of allergic reactions.
Contraindications to taking
As with any drug, there are contraindications. The drug "Ferro-Folgamma" is forbidden to take in a number of the following cases:
- Anemia that is not associated with iron deficiency. Most often these are hemolytic as well as megaloblastic anemia, which doctors associate with vitamin B12 deficiency.
- In hemosiderosis, in which excessive iron is noted in the body.
- In the event that the mechanisms of iron utilization are violated. This form of anemia can be caused by lead poisoning.
- In the presence of sidero-hrstatic anemia.
This drug is intended only for women who carry a baby after a thorough examination. According to reviews, during pregnancy, "Ferro Folgamma" is a very effective tool. It really allows shortening the iron deficiency in a short time.
Special instructions for the use of Ferro-Folgamma
During the reception of Ferro-Folgamma, dark staining of the stool is observed. This can be explained by excretion of that part of iron that has not absorbed into the body. This phenomenon is not dangerous, there is no need to take any measures to eliminate it.
Interaction of the drug with
medications It should be noted that organic acid, calcium salt, phosphorus, colestyramine, antacid, and components that contain aluminum interfere with the absorption of iron. The same effect turns out to be magnesium and calcium, because of them there is a violation of iron absorption due to the formation of insoluble complexes. The application of "Ferro-Folgamma" should be carried out strictly according to the instructions.
Iron salt disrupts the absorption of antibiotics from the tetracycline category. In turn, preparations based on pancreatic enzymes can reduce iron absorption. When the drug "Ferro-Folgamma" is used in parallel with the following components, the absorption of folic acid decreases:
- Folic acid antagonists.
- Valproate sodium.
- Hormonal contraceptives.
Storage conditions for
The Ferro-Folgamma preparation should be stored at room temperature, which should not exceed 25 degrees. Shelf life is five years. The remedy is prescribed by a doctor.
Opinions of patients
Consider reviews about the "Ferro-Folgamme" from patients. It should immediately be noted that people who happened to undergo the course of treatment with the drug are satisfied with its effect and are informed that thanks to it in fact it is possible to fill the iron deficiency in a short time.
In order to prove the benefits of this drug, people give the following reasons:
- Perfectly helps in the presence of iron deficiency anemia.
- Easily tolerated without causing any side effects.
- Increases hemoglobin in a short time.
- Includes ascorbic and folic acid, which favors better absorption of iron.
- Pleasant taste.
- Presence of the result from the treatment.
According to reviews of Ferro-Folgamme, there is a possibility of side effects, but they are due to individual intolerance of certain components. Some report that this drug can not always be found on the market. Also, people do not like that there are few capsules in one pack.
In general, after reading the reviews, you can be sure that the tool is effective and quite popular today.
Reviews of doctors about Ferro-Folgamma
Doctors speak well of the drug. The agent effectively copes with the problem of reduced iron level. Well tolerated by patients, rarely provokes side effects.