How to learn to do a back massage at home?
In ancient times, many healers knew about the benefits of massage. Over time, a lot of methods have been developed to carry it out. In the modern world, massage is the official curative prophylaxis against many diseases and pathologies. To obtain the desired result, you can contact a specialist or perform manipulations yourself. How to learn to do a back massage? Further in the article we will talk about the rules of its conduct.
Who needs massage?
This procedure is useful for people who:
- have a sedentary job or spend their free time in front of the computer;
- experience regular increased stress on the back;
- undergo rehabilitation after a back injury or osteochondrosis;
- experience constant headaches;
- have chronic fatigue and poor sleep at night;
- feels during the day the stiffness of the muscles of the back.
Such procedures are recommended not only for adults, but also for children. If you hold them correctly, then you can feel a positive result after the first session.
How to learn to do a back massage? If a person has not previously encountered similar procedures, then it is best for him to observe the actions of a professional. In fact then the beginner it will be clear, with what force to influence on a back and what actions to fulfill.
Each session must be started and carried out correctly. Therefore, it is necessary to know the peculiarities of classical home massage.
The benefits of massage
Everyone can learn how to do this procedure correctly. A therapeutic massage done at home will only benefit the body. It refers to an effective way to establish the work of some organs. There are the following massage capabilities:
- improving blood circulation and working of the heart, vessels;
- acceleration of metabolic processes in tissues, which leads to regeneration and rejuvenation;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- activated oxygen exchange;
- improves metabolism.
Massage helps to reduce headaches and edema, there is an improvement in blood and lymph circulation in the body. The procedure has its own peculiarities, therefore it should be conducted accordingly.
How to do a therapeutic back massage? It only benefits if it is carried out effectively. After the massage, the muscles of the back relax, additional capillaries open, the elasticity of the skin is improved.
In procedures aimed at the lumbar spine, not only a relaxing effect, but also a therapeutic one occurs.
The main principles of massage include sliding the hands on the back in the direction of the blood flow, while avoiding the location of the lymph nodes.
How to prepare for the massage
Before the procedure, you need to do a little preparation. To the skin well perceived massage, you need peeling. Before the procedure you need to take a shower. Good effect on the body aromatherapy, allows you to relax and cheer up.
For massage you will need:
- disposable underwear and bathrobe;
- oil and cream that does not cause allergies;
- aromatic sticks.
Many professional masseurs use essential oils. To female smells carry aroma of a rose, patchouli and palmarosa. For men, use essential oil of sandalwood. Necessarily apply those means that do not cause allergies.
Rules for performing the procedure
How to learn how to do a back massage? It includes the following rules:
- Massage is performed in a lying position on a hard surface. It is convenient if it is a special couch. On the surface, where the massage is done, you should put a clean cotton sheet.
- Before the procedure, you should thoroughly wash your hands. You should use not only soap, but also a disinfector. On the patient's body there may be acne that is injured during the procedure.
- Special oils are used to improve the slip. If the massage is therapeutic, then use medicinal creams.
- After the procedure, the patient needs warmth and peace. It is necessary to take cover with a blanket and lie down in a relaxed pose for at least 15 minutes.
Only after this you can get up and do ordinary household chores.
Begin the procedure with a simple technique. How to learn to do a back massage? This procedure is best done with pain in the back, which arise from overstrain of the back muscles, with chronic fatigue and headaches.
With a regular massage, you can relieve tension from the back, improve blood circulation and prevent the development of osteochondrosis in people with sedentary lifestyles. The procedure has some subtleties.
How to do a back massage? Photos on this topic are presented in this material. The classic technique is as follows:
- Initially perform stroking actions. With them, the session begins and ends. Stroking accelerates the blood flow, warms up the muscles and prepares the body for further procedures. Manipulation is carried out along the spine, and then from it in different directions in the form of a Christmas tree. At first, the actions are easy, then their intensity and pressure increase.
- Grinding is performed from sides to spine and back. Manipulation is done with the edge of the palm, but the pressure should not be strong so as not to cause pain. Razirat need to fully warm up your back. Redness of the skin means that the massage is done correctly.
- The most intensive part is kneading. This is done with two hands, you need to grab a thin fold on the spine and move to the side. Each half of the back is handled separately. The duration of the manipulation is 10-15 minutes.
- Cotton is made bent in the form of a spoon in the palms. They are carried out only on the muscles, excluding the spine, kidneys and shoulders. You need to move your hands sharply, but that the massage does not cause pain.
- Then vibrating manipulations from the nape and up to the spine are carried out. They should not bring pain to the patient.
- You need to finish the massage with stroking. This is done first intensively, then the rate decreases. After the end of the massage the patient should lie under the blanket for 15 minutes.
How to learn to do back massage at home? Being assimilated, a person can easily do this. If the stiffness in the back is observed after sleeping, then massage is done in the morning. And when the pain appears in the evening, then before going to bed.
Such manipulations are carried out cautiously, they are done after the withdrawal of an attack of exacerbation. How to do a therapeutic back massage? It is carried out in the absence of contraindications and problems with the musculoskeletal system.
The procedure includes the following steps:
- Manipulation is performed on a hard surface.
- Hands are thoroughly washed and warmed.
- Massage is performed using oil or cream.
- The process starts with light influences. Movements are directed from the shoulders towards the waist. Slides should be intense, but at the same time soft. When massaging the thoracic department, special efforts should not be made.
- The ribs of the palms are carried along the vertebral column, with little effort to smooth the shoulder region.
- Then move your hands on your sides and perform exciting techniques from below and up.
- Circular movements knead the shoulder area, without special efforts.
- When the entire back is mashed, go to deeper effects. They move from the bottom up, grabbing the folds of the skin with their fingers. Such manipulations are carried out on each side of the back separately.
- The time of massage of the cervical spine should be increased, because with this sitting part this back part suffers.
- The procedure is completed by light patting of the fingertips on the back.
Manipulation is carried out for an hour, following the necessary rules and recommendations.
How to do a back massage to a man?
Any person will not refuse such procedure, both the woman, and the man.
How to learn to do a back massage to a guy? The procedure is carried out in several stages:
- Before the massage create a pleasant atmosphere. Light aromatic lamp with such flavors: sandalwood, jasmine, orange.
- Massage is performed on a hard surface. It is necessary to wash hands first. For manipulation apply a cream or ointment.
- Begin from the waist, gradually rising up. This will remove the pain.
- Then you need to go to the nape, stretch the upper part of the shoulders. Work should not fingers, and the entire palm.
- Finish procedure by stroking movements.
Learn to do a back massage to a man is not difficult, just need to master the correct manipulation. It takes place for half an hour, usually at night.
Baby massage technique
The child also needs this kind of manipulation. Back massage for children includes the following steps:
- Initially, strokes are made from below upwards for each side of the back separately.
- Carefully press with your fist, avoiding the area of the spine.
- The following manipulations are stroking.
- Then tapping and pinching with fingers are performed.
- The massage ends with light strokes.
Carrying out a massage, adults bring immense benefit to the baby's body.
Back massage women
Manipulation does not differ from those that make men. There are several features of the massage for women:
- The procedure is individual for each woman, especially during the menstrual cycle. Some do not tolerate back massage during this period.
- If the allocation is not intensive, then the manipulation will not be dangerous. It is on this will depend on the massage and its duration.
- During pregnancy, a woman should not abuse the procedure, especially in the first trimester. Massage of such zones, as a sacrum or coccyx, can lead to spontaneous miscarriage.
Therefore, before doing a back massage to a woman, it should be clarified whether there are restrictions for carrying it out.
Contraindications to massage
As with any procedure, the massage has limitations. These include:
- high body temperature;
- state of alcoholic or narcotic intoxication;
- diseases of the kidney, heart and liver;
- low or high blood pressure;
- allergic reactions;
- oncological diseases.
How often does a back massage for an adult? Manipulation can be carried out constantly, if a person does not have the abovementioned health problems.
Back massage at home - a useful procedure aimed at preventing many conditions in the body. Proper manipulation will be useful for the health of not only adults but also children.