Rash in the mouth: photo, causes
Eruptions in the mouth are a fairly common problem that many patients face regardless of gender and age. Rash may be an independent disease or manifest itself against a background of other pathologies. Of course, the appearance of rashes adversely affects the quality of human life, because pathology is often accompanied by itching, unpleasant burning and even pain. But, in order to get rid of the disease, it is necessary to understand its causes. Why do rashes appear in the sky, in the mouth, around the lips? What other symptoms are worth paying attention to? What methods of treatment and prevention does modern medicine offer?
Species and photos of rashes in the mouth
Of course, there are many diseases accompanied by similar symptoms. The rashes of the mouth may be different. Their structure, structure, appearance and location are important diagnostic factors.
- Bubbles are small structures, the cavity of which is filled with liquid, serous contents. Often a similar rash in the mouth is as
- Pustules are structures filled with cloudy contents. Inside, as a result of the inflammatory process, purulent masses are formed. Such rashes can be both superficial and deep.
- Blisters - such a rash does not last long( for example, for several hours, sometimes even minutes).Similar lesions of the mucous membrane can be observed against the background of allergies.
- Rashes may appear in the form of spots( usually reddish).
- Nodules are structures that do not have a cavity and are located under the surface layers of the epidermis. Due to the formation and growth of nodules, tissues acquire a tuberous structure.
- Scales - are the result of the process of keratinization of surface tissues.
- Ulcerous rash, as a rule, is the result of damage to pustules, boils.
Eruptions around the mouth: causes
Why does the rash appear around the mouth? In fact, the reasons can be varied. However, in most cases, rashes are associated with the activation of herpetic infection. This is a viral disease, which is accompanied by the appearance of a bubble rash with liquid, transparent contents. As a rule, rashes are formed on the delicate skin of the lips, as well as the tissues around the mouth.
Red spots and a rash like urticaria may indicate an allergic reaction. As a rule, this pathology is also accompanied by severe itching and burning. Almost all products can provoke allergy.
Why do rashes appear in children?
According to statistics, the rash around the lips and inside the mouth is most often seen in children.
The reasons remain the same. For example, rashes in a child often represent an allergic reaction - most often such symptoms result in the use of dairy products, untimely introduction of complementary foods, the use of inappropriate milk formula.
The child's organism is more prone to infections. For example, measles is accompanied by the appearance of small white pimples on the surface of the tongue and cheeks. The appearance of abundant reddish rashes in the sky and the inner surface of the cheeks may indicate the presence of scarlet fever. With diphtheria, fine whitish films form in the tonsil zone - if you try to remove them, ulcers form on this place, which slowly heal.
In addition to childhood infectious diseases, there are other pathologies that affect people regardless of age.
Quite often rashes in the mouth testify to stomatitis. The cause of inflammation of the mucous membrane can be both viruses( including herpes), and bacteria, fungi.
It is impossible not to mention the candidiasis. Thrush is the result of the activation of fungi of the genus Candida. On the mucous membrane a white, cheesy coating forms, under which small sores are formed. The disease is much more often diagnosed in children, although adults are not protected from it.
Eruptions around the mouth of an adult patient, pimples and sores on the mucosa may result from the progression of syphilis.
Other causes of rash
The appearance of a rash is far from always associated with infection of the body and allergic reactions. There are a number of other reasons:
- systemic lupus erythematosus( rashes at the mouth of a woman aged 15-35 years may indicate systemic, autoimmune diseases, in men, the disease is diagnosed less often);
- immunodeficiency states make the body more susceptible to infection, including herpes, stomatitis, candidiasis;
- malignant neoplasm( rash has the appearance of nodules or ulcers).
Eruption in the mouth is rarely an independent disease. In most cases, the appearance of vesicles or ulcers on the tissues of the oral cavity is associated with the development of some systemic pathology and infection. Accordingly, patients have other symptoms:
- Often people notice an increase in body temperature. A fever indicates the presence of an inflammatory process or infection of tissues.
- The appearance of rashes is often accompanied by severe itching, burning sensation.
- Soreness, redness, swelling of the mucosa are also possible.
- Enlargement of lymph nodes, along with a rash, often indicates an infectious disease.
- Appearance of rashes in other parts of the skin and mucous membrane.
- Cancers are often accompanied by painless rashes along with unexplained weight loss and general weakness.
Eruption in the mouth can sometimes indicate normal stomatitis or candidiasis. However, sometimes the appearance of a rash is the result of a more dangerous disease. That's why with a similar symptom doctors carry out a full diagnosis.
- To begin with, an anamnesis is collected and a general examination of the sites of the rash. The doctor is also interested in the presence of other symptoms.
- Laboratory analysis is an essential part of the diagnosis. Mass of useful information can give even a general blood test. For example, an increase in the number of leukocytes or an increase in the rate of erythrocyte sedimentation signals an inflammation, an infectious disease. Against the background of allergies, there is an increase in the number of eosinophils.
- Samples of the contents of the rashes themselves are also taken for analysis. For example, if it is a fungal disease, micelles of pathogenic fungi can be seen under a microscope. The presence in the samples of atypical cells sometimes indicates the development of cancer.
- Depending on the results obtained, the doctor may prescribe additional tests, for example, HIV or syphilis analysis, complete dermatological examination, etc.
Therapy depending on the cause of the disease
The therapy scheme in this case directly depends on the causes of the rash:
- If the disease is caused by the activity of bacteria, then patients are prescribed antibiotics( in the form of tablets, injections, ointments or solutions for external treatment).
- Fungal diseases, including candidiasis, require the intake of antifungal medications, for example, "Fluconazole".
- In the presence of an allergic reaction, it is advisable to take antihistamines, including "Tavegil", "Suprastin", "Dimedrol".
- In autoimmune diseases, cytostatic drugs and steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used.
- It should be understood that the lesions of the oral mucosa are often interfaced and impaired by the immune system. That is why patients are recommended general restorative therapy, including hardening, intake of vitamins, rational nutrition, physical activity.
Sores on the mucous membrane, rashes at the mouth of women and men - this, at least, unpleasant phenomena. And sometimes it is much easier to prevent the development of diseases. Prevention rules are simple:
- adhere to hygienic norms;
- restrict contacts with infectious patients, refuse to share utensils, towels and other household items;
- quit smoking, as cigarette smoke damages the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- try to prevent mechanical damage to the oral tissues( for example, remember that the food you eat should not be too hot or hard);
- use condoms during intercourse.
Of course, when there are rashes on the tissues of the mouth or around the lips, you should consult your doctor. The sooner the treatment is started, the easier it will be to cope with the disease.