The best eye drops with conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis is a disease of the eye, which is accompanied by inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eyes. In this case, the ailment can be bacterial, allergic or viral. Everything depends on the origin of the inflammatory process. What is conjunctivitis? Treatment, drops, ointments are prescribed only by a doctor.
Before determining the method of therapy, the specialist sends the patient for a thorough examination. This allows you to determine the cause of the disease. In addition, when choosing a medicine, special attention is paid to the age of the patient.
Features of viral conjunctivitis in children
Why does conjunctivitis occur in children? Treatment: drops and special ointments. They are selected depending on the age of the child, as some medications are not suitable for young children. The reasons for the development of the disease in a child can be the same as in an adult.
Viral conjunctivitis develops mainly against the background of a cold. From bacterial this form differs secretions. As a rule, they do not contain pus and are transparent. With such an ailment, the patient may experience itching in the field of vision organs, profuse tearing. Often with this disease stick together eyelashes.
It should be noted that viral conjunctivitis can affect only one eye, and then gradually move to the second. Therefore, with this form of ailment, eye drops are buried in both organs of vision. This helps prevent the spread of viral conjunctivitis.
Therapy of viral conjunctivitis in children
What should I do if conjunctivitis in children? Treatment, drops, ointments and other drugs are prescribed only by a doctor. The best means for a viral form of an ailment are:
- "Oftan Ida";
To correctly choose a drug, it is worth considering the properties of such drugs in more detail.
These drops with conjunctivitis have anti-allergic, immunomodulatory and antiviral effect. The drug "Ophthalmoferon" allows you to eliminate itching, which is very important in the case of young children. It is in the process of rubbing the eyes that you can transfer the disease from the mucosa of one organ of vision to the second. In addition, you can bring an infection. As a result, bacterial conjunctivitis may develop further.
At the very beginning of therapy, it is often necessary to instill eyes: about 6-8 times during the day, two drops. The frequency and dosage of admission can be reduced as the patient recovers. In case of improvement, the doctor appoints 1 drop to three times a day. The course of therapy lasts until all signs of conjunctivitis completely disappear.
Preparation "Oftan Ida"
Such drops with conjunctivitis, such as "Oftan Ida", are well recommended. Despite the effectiveness, such a drug is not recommended for children, whose age is less than 2 years.
At the very beginning of the disease, it is often necessary to dig in the Oftan Idu preparation: 1 drop once an hour. At night, it is not recommended to stop using the medication. During this period, usually assign 1 drop every two hours.
If the patient has an improvement, the dosage of the drug is reduced. In the daytime, 1 drop every 2 hours, and at night - 1 drop every four hours. Even if all the symptoms of the disease disappear, specialists do not recommend stopping the course of therapy. Treatment should last from 3 to 5 days, otherwise a relapse may occur.
These drops with conjunctivitis are suitable for adults and children. The drug is instilled in 1-2 drops. A day requires 3-8 similar procedures. When all the symptoms of the disease disappear, the course of therapy continues for another 7 days. In this case, two drops are instilled, but three times a day.
Before applying the drug "Aktipol" it is worth consulting with a doctor, since the drug has side effects and contraindications.
Bacterial conjunctivitis in children
This type of conjunctivitis differs from the others. Symptoms of the disease depend on what bacteria caused it. Some microorganisms lead to the formation of purulent and turbid secretions. Because of them, children often stick together eyelashes. Other bacteria can cause dry skin and mucous membranes of the eyes.
In some cases, with bacterial conjunctivitis, the patient may experience pain and pain in the field of vision. With such a disease, usually prescribed drops that contain an antibiotic that is able to cope with a certain type of microorganism.
List of drugs for bacterial conjunctivitis in a child
For the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis in children,
- "Sulfacil sodium" is used. Such drops should be buried 4 to 6 times a day for 1-2 drops.
- "Levomycetin" is an effective drug. However, it can not be used to treat conjunctivitis in children younger than 2 years. Bury the eyes need 2 times a day for 1 drop. Course - 1 week.
- "Futsitalmik".The course of therapy is 7 days. You need to dig in 1 drop twice a day. If the drug has not helped, then continue therapy does not make sense. It is worth to see a doctor to replace the drug.
- "Ciprofloxacin" is a broad-spectrum preparation. Apply it is recommended once in 2 hours, digging in 1 drop. Such a course should last at least two days. Then 5 days you need to drip 1 drop once every 4 hours. Do not use a drug to treat conjunctivitis in children under 1 year.
- "Vitabakt" - drops with conjunctivitis, which can be used to treat the disease in children. The course of therapy is 10 days. Bury it up to six times a day, one drop.
Allergic conjunctivitis in a child
How to choose eye drops with conjunctivitis? First of all, it is necessary to determine the nature of the disease. And for this it is recommended to visit a doctor. After all, conjunctivitis can be an allergic reaction. With such a disease, edemas often appear in the field of vision and severe itching. In this case, not only eye drops are prescribed, but also antiallergic drugs in the form of compresses or tablets.
The most important thing with this form of ailment is not only to eliminate its main symptoms, but also to remove the main cause of its development. In other words, it is necessary to find out what caused the allergic reaction. If possible, the undesirable factor should be eliminated.
The best drops from allergic conjunctivitis are "Allergodyl".However, it is not recommended to use it to treat children who are under 4 years of age. In other cases, the drug is prescribed one drop four times during the day. If the reaction is moderate, the dosage can be reduced. In this case, bury your eyes twice a day: in the evening and in the morning. The course of therapy lasts until the signs of allergic conjunctivitis completely disappear.
Viral eye conjunctivitis: treatment in adults
The drops listed above can be used to treat the disease not only in children but also in adults. However, in some cases, prescribe those drugs that can not be used to combat the disease to babies. Therefore, it is worthwhile to know what agents are prescribed for viral conjunctivitis in adults. To the basic it is necessary to carry:
- A solution of 0,1% of "Florenal".It is necessary to drip one drop once a day.
- "Gludantan"( 0.1% solution).In the mild form of the disease, one drop is usually prescribed up to three times a day. If the form of the disease is severe, then up to six procedures per day are carried out.
- Terbofen( 0.1% solution).Such drops are prescribed for conjunctivitis in adults three times a day, one drop.
Bacterial form of an ailment in adults
What to apply to overcome bacterial conjunctivitis? Treatment in adults:
- drops "Albucid"( 30% solution) - three times a day, one or two drops.
- 0.25% solution of "Levomycetin" - twice a day, one drop.
- 10% solution of "Norsulfazole" - three times a day, one or two drops.
- 0,25% solution of "Gentamicin" - the dosage is determined strictly by the doctor.
- 0.3% solution of "Floxal" - appoint four times a day for one drop.
- 0,02% solution of "Oftadec" - appoint up to five times a day for three drops.
- "Tobrex" - the drug is an antibiotic of a wide range of actions, and its dosage is determined by the doctor.
Zinc sulfate can also be prescribed for bacterial conjunctivitis. The concentration of the solution depends on the severity of the disease and can be 0.25-1%.Everything is selected individually. Dosage is determined only by the doctor.
Conjunctivitis in adults caused by allergy
Eye drops with conjunctivitis should be given only after a thorough examination by a specialist in a narrow profile. To combat the allergic form of the disease in adults is usually prescribed:
- "Cortisone" - one of the strongest drugs. Dosage should be determined only by the attending physician. This drug is contraindicated in pregnancy.
- "Claritin" - appoint one drop three times a day.
- "Lacrisifi" - a strong drug, which is prescribed one drop to three times a day.
- "Oftadec" is a medicinal product that allows you to get rid of not only bacterial conjunctivitis, but also allergic. The drug has a quick effect, removing the main signs of the disease. Therefore, in most cases, it is it that is prescribed for allergic conjunctivitis.
Prevention of conjunctivitis
To avoid getting viral or bacterial conjunctivitis, experts advise adhering to standard rules of personal hygiene. First of all, you should wash your hands thoroughly using a normal or liquid soap. It is not recommended to touch the face frequently, especially the area around the eyes. Use only an individual towel. As for handkerchiefs, they should be replaced with disposable napkins.
Now you know what forms of conjunctivitis are, and what drugs are considered best for fighting the viral, bacterial and allergic form of the disease. Cure the disease can quickly, without waiting for the development of severe complications. The main thing is to get help from specialists in time. After passing a thorough examination, the doctor will be able to identify the cause of the disease and prescribe adequate therapy.
Do not try to get rid of conjunctivitis by yourself. Self-medication in this case can cause complications. After all, some folk remedies allow only to eliminate the symptoms of conjunctivitis. The main cause of its development will remain, and a relapse may occur.