What helps "Hypothiazid.""Hypothiazide": instructions, reviews, analogues
Today we will tell you about what helps to "Hypothiazid"?Also in the materials of this article will be presented instructions on the use of this drug, consumer reviews, the form of its release, properties and so on.
Description of the preparation, form, packaging and composition
What helps Hypothiazid? Before answering the question, it is necessary to tell, in what form this drug goes to the pharmacies.
"Hypothiazid" is available in the form of white tablets( may have a greyish shade).They have a round and flat shape, risk on one side and engraving "H" on the other.
The active ingredient of this drug is hydrochlorothiazide. It also includes auxiliary elements in the form of magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, talc, gelatin and corn starch.
In the sale of this product comes in blisters, which are packaged in cardboard boxes.
What is a "Hypothiazid" medication? What helps this medicine?
According to the instructions, the drug in question is a diuretic. Its primary mechanism of action is an increase in diuresis by inhibiting the reabsorption of chloride and sodium ions in the initial region of the renal tubules. This effect leads to an increase in the excretion of chlorine, sodium and, as a consequence, water.
It should also be noted that after taking this medication, the excretion of other electrolytes, or rather, potassium and magnesium, increases.
In large therapeutic doses, the natriuretic and diuretic effects of this drug are the same.
Diuresis and natriuresis occur within 120 minutes and reach a maximum value after 4 hours.
It should also be noted that this medication reduces the activity of carbonic anhydrase by increasing the excretion of bicarbonate ions. However, this action of the drug is weak and does not affect the pH of the urine.
Active substance "Hypothiazide" has antihypertensive properties. It should also be said that the agent in question does not affect normal blood pressure.
Kinetics of the drug
Is the drug "Hypothiazid" absorbed? The instruction and the description of the drug report that hydrochlorothiazide is not completely, but very quickly absorbed from the digestive system. This action lasts for 6-12 hours.
When taking the drug inside at a dosage of 100 mg, its peak concentration in the plasma is reached after 2.5 hours.
The connection with plasma proteins is 40%.
According to experts, hydrochlorothiazide is excreted along with breast milk and penetrates the placental barrier.
This remedy is excreted by the kidneys for 6 hours.
Medication: "Hypothiazid": what helps?
This drug is prescribed for:
- to prevent the formation of stones in the urinary tract in persons predisposed to this disease( with the aim of reducing hypercalciuria);
- arterial hypertension( for monotherapy and in combination with other antihypertensive drugs);
- control of polyuria( mainly in non-sugar nephrogenic diabetes);
- edematous syndrome of various origin( premenstrual tension syndrome, nephrotic syndrome, chronic renal failure, acute glomerulonephritis, treatment with corticosteroids, chronic heart failure, portal hypertension).
About what helps "Hypothiazid", we described above. You should also know about the contraindications of this remedy. They include:
- children under three years old;
- severe renal failure;
- hepatic failure in severe degree;
- Addison's disease;
- diabetes mellitus is difficult to control;
- refractory hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hypercalcemia;
- increased sensitivity to the elements of the drug and derivatives of sulfonamides.
With special care, this remedy should be used in CHD, hypokalemia, liver cirrhosis, hyponatremia, gout, hypercalcemia, cardiac glycosides, lactose intolerance and in elderly people.
Preparation "Hypothiazide": instruction for use
Reviews, analogues of the drug in question are presented at the end of the article.
Tablets should be taken after a meal. Their dose is selected during treatment, individually.
Initial dosing of the drug for adults:
- Premenstrual tension syndrome: the medication is started with the appearance of the first signs before the onset of menstruation( in the amount of 25 mg once a day).
- Otitis syndrome of various origin: 25-100 mg once a day or once every two days. In severe cases, the drug is prescribed at 200 mg.
- Hypertension: 25-50 mg once daily. The therapeutic effect of this drug manifests itself within 4 days.
- Non-diabetes mellitus nephrogenic: 50-150 mg per day( in several doses).
As for children, the drug under consideration is prescribed for them with weight. The daily dosage is 1-2 mg / kg.
Side effects of
Now you know what Hypothiazide helps with. On the background of taking this medication, the following adverse reactions may develop:
- anorexia, dry mouth, muscle cramps, diarrhea;
- muscle pain, constipation, fatigue, cholecystitis, weakness, cholestatic jaundice;
- lethargy, pancreatitis, thirst, sialadenitis;
- arrhythmia, aplastic anemia, vasculitis, thrombocytopenia, headache, leukopenia;
- dizziness, hemolytic anemia, functional kidney disorders, agranulocytosis and others.
Analogues and reviews about the drug "Hypothiazid"
Reviews of "Hypothiazide" report that this is an effective and quick-acting diuretic. The intake of such tablets prevents the formation of stones in the urinary tract, lowers blood pressure and eliminates edema of various origins.
The disadvantages of the drug in question include a large number of adverse reactions.
Similar agents of this drug are: "Hydrochlorothiazide", "Hydrochlorothiazide-SAR", "Dichlorothiazide", "Hydrochlorothiazide-Verte" and others.