White spots on the fingernails of fingers: how to treat?
Due to the constant activity of a person, his nails can be exposed to various diseases. Repeatedly for all life they gave various reasons for concern, changing the color, smoothness and shape. The most frequent indicator for anxiety is the white spots on the fingernails of the fingers. It is often possible to hear that such a manifestation is a sign of a malaise or a weakened immunity. But what do these specks actually show? First of all, it is necessary to know that absolutely healthy nails will never differ by a changed shape or color.
White stitches on nails are considered a pathological condition that is formed due to nail keratinization, when the plate cornification occurs with the appearance of small bubbles between its layers. In medicine, this damage is called "leikonihia."It can be found in any person, regardless of gender and age.
The main factor in the appearance of white spots can serve both endogenous and exogenous phenomena. There are people who do not consider such a problem a problem, but on the contrary, they are sure that light divorces on nails will bring happiness, luck and good events. Modern medicine is of a completely different opinion, because the human body is a single system, and the formation of even insignificant violations can speak about probable, and sometimes difficult failures. And this is evidenced by white spots on the fingernails of fingers. The photo is shown below.
Stages of leukonichia
There are some stages of this disease.
- With an insignificant form of the disease, you can observe several almost imperceptible bright spots on 1-3 nails.
- An indication of point leukonichia is the appearance of a mass of small white dots or one large one.
- The glaucous nature of the disease speaks for itself. The nail plate is studded with a considerable number of varying degrees of density of light lines. Depending on their location( vertical or horizontal), doctors can determine the possible malaise of which organ they show.
- The universal form of leukonichia is the heaviest. In this situation, the nail plate is completely affected, and the specialist needs to be urgently treated.
White spots on the fingernails of the fingers: the cause of
Leukonichia in the form of large and small dotted divorces indicates a disorder of the process of keratinization of the nail strip. Light shade they are obtained as a result of the formation of air layers in the tissues of the plate. The main sources of such spots:
- systematic use of household chemicals;
- damage during removal of the cuticle;
- nail blow or pinching;
- multiple gluing of false nails or their build-up.
If the anomaly appears due to external causes, it will automatically go through a couple of weeks. If not, then it is necessary to look for other factors, due to which white spots appear on the nails of the hands, namely:
- lack of vitamins, iron and zinc in the body;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- fungal infections;
- decreased hemoglobin;
- cardiac or renal insufficiency;
- metabolic disorders;
- all kinds of diets;
- cirrhosis of the liver.
White spots on the finger nails of children
Quite often such a phenomenon occurs in babies. Most parents do not pay any attention to this, and in fact in vain, as the causes of such points on the nails can be different diseases. In many children, this pathology goes away quickly, and some, on the contrary, keep an extended period of time. In addition to the factors that were mentioned above, the appearance of light spots on the nails in a child can speak quite about other ailments. For example, about the existence of hormonal dysfunction or worms. It happens that the problem is born due to:
- complications with stomach, heart;
- elevated blood sugar;
- protein deficiency;
- disorders of carbohydrate metabolism;
- weakness of the lungs;
- of nervous disorders.
As you can see, the list of reasons is rather big. Therefore, if white spots were found on the finger nails of the baby, it is mandatory to consult a specialist. It will be necessary to conduct a general examination and to revise the child's diet.
If there are only changes on the plates, but there is no external factor, then it is possible that the originator of the symptom is some internal cause. Usually the disease is determined by a dermatologist. If there is a need, you can visit the endocrinologist, cardiologist and neurologist.
How to avoid leishonychia
From the above, it is now clear that the disease that destroys the nails, for the most part, is considered a sign of internal disorders in the human body. And in order not to face such a problem and, even worse, not to start the already existing disease, it is possible to prevent such unpleasant phenomena as white spots on the fingernails of the fingers.
- Start eating properly. If possible, you must change your diet to the maximum. In the menu must necessarily be present fruits, vegetables, poultry, sour-milk products, fish and meat. In particular, you need to pay attention to products that increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood, such as apples, pomegranates, dried apricots, liver and buckwheat. Such food can prevent the appearance of anemia.
- You should forget about semi-finished products, canned food and sweets. In the spring and winter, to replenish the energy reserves of the body, you can take multivitamins. To date, pharmacies represent a wide range of different supplements.
- You can still start using vitamins and curative lacquer so that the white spots on the fingernails of the fingers disappear, the reason of which can be the use of ordinary varnishes or household chemicals.
- If you still find these light stains on the nail plates, it is recommended to visit a competent doctor as early as possible in order not to start the emerging disease. He will definitely determine the condition of the harassing organ.
How to get rid of
If the nails were hit by chemical means, it is recommended that 15-20 minutes keep the fingers in slightly warm water with the addition of iodine and sea salt. Such an event can "pull out" the harmful substances that poison the nail plate. With direct contact with household chemicals, you need to use household gloves.
Excellent results can be achieved as a result of a course of oil treatment, if there is a white spot on the thumb of the thumb, for example. In the nail plate, experts advise rubbing a mixture of lemon juice and warm olive oil( mix 100 ml with 5 drops of juice).Remarkably, the following solution will nourish the nails: 60 ml of almond oil( can be olive), 3 drops of iodine, and 5 drops of vitamin A. To rub this "potion" is necessary before going to bed.
If the light stains on the nails are the result of damage or incorrect use of the manicure tool, special treatment is not required. You just need to apply procedures that improve the condition of the nails. For example, you can make a soothing bath for hands: 1 tbsp.l.chamomile flowers should be poured 200 g warmed to 70-80 degrees beer. Then add the mixture for 15 minutes, filter through a strainer, cool to the optimum temperature. And then it is already possible to lower the fingers in the solution for about 20-25 minutes. At the end of the procedure, it will be superfluous to lubricate the nail plates with fish oil.
Folk methods of treatment
If there are white spots on the fingernails of the fingers, how to treat them? It is possible also in other ways:
- is required to mix in equal parts the decoction of the oak bark, chamomile and water, hold your fingers in this warm bath and after the event lubricate them with apricot or olive oil;
- dissolve in a glass of warm liquid 1 tbsp.l.sea salt, add 1 tsp.juice of a lemon and to lower there nails for 20 minutes, further to wash off from hands salt vodichku and to grease with their nutritious cream or oils;
- it is possible to grind 5-7 cloves of garlic, to steam out fingers, to spread the bases of nails with this gruel, to keep this mixture on the nail plates about 30 minutes, so that the white spots on the nails of the middle finger( for example) disappear completely;
- is still recommended to brew in 1 glass with boiling water 2 tbsp.l.green tea, then dip into the warm liquid all fingers in turn - from the little finger to the big one( the duration of this procedure is 5-7 minutes);
- there is nothing more useful than fish oil, which can heal leukonichia: you should rub it into the tips of all fingers and wash it off with warm water after 5 minutes;
- restorative massage also gives its results: you need to lubricate the fingertips with any oil( vegetable) and gently massage the nail plates for 2-3 minutes.
If all of the above methods did not help remove the white spots on the finger nails, then you should make an appointment with a specialist.
There are various recommendations that can help avoid leukonichia.
- It is necessary to protect your nervous system - no depressions and stresses!
- Drink vitamins, after consulting with a doctor.
- It is required to protect hands from damages and to be more careful with manicure.
- Pay more attention to diet and sleep.
- Use household chemicals, using gloves.
- If there is a fungus, be sure to listen to the advice of a specialist. Therapy is long - up to 6 months, and it can not be interrupted.
From this article, everyone has already learned what white spots are on the fingernails of fingers. Treatment for a disease such as leukonichia exists and it is not very difficult.