What is laser resurfacing. Stretching: laser resurfacing. Description of procedure, effectiveness and feedback
Every person wants to look good, but the ideal skin is not given to everyone. Currently, there are many tools, methods that allow you to bring the skin of the face and body almost in perfect condition. Modern techniques make it possible not only to improve the skin condition, but also to get rid of fine wrinkles, postoperative scars. This method is called laser grinding. Stretching is also amenable to correction. How effective is it, and what are the reviews about this procedure? Read more about this in the article.
What is laser resurfacing
The procedure for deep peeling is called skin polishing. During this remove the layer of the epidermis and partially the dermis. The most progressive technique is carried out with the help of a laser. But there is a difference between peeling and polishing and it is in the depth of the effect on the skin.
So, during grinding it is 150 microns. This makes it possible to remove scars and deep wrinkles, but first of all it allows to level the surface of the skin. There are several varieties of laser resurfacing. About this further.
Types of grinding
For laser resurfacing, the following types of laser are used:
1. Low-intensity laser. This is the most sparing kind of grinding, but it is considered not very effective. However, it is recommended to be used for therapeutic purposes. The positive sides of this type of grinding:
- normalizes the process of lymph circulation and hemocirculation;
- cell membranes become more elastic, thereby improving metabolic processes;
- is stimulated by restorative processes;
- improves the flow of oxygen into the blood and its effects on the body.
2. Carbondioxide laser has a dual effect. It penetrates deep into the tissue - up to 20 microns. Skin cells are rejected as a result of exposure to high temperatures, and coagulation takes place. The following positive sides of the carbon dioxide laser can be distinguished:
- regeneration processes are improved;
- damaged fabrics are quickly replaced with new ones;
- leather is updated;
- removes small wrinkles, neoplasms;
- polished stretch marks scars.
3. Erbium laser. This is the most popular type of laser used for grinding. Operates at a depth of 1 μm. The moisture that is contained in the epidermis is evaporated, that is, the laser radiation is absorbed. Neighboring areas are not affected, it operates only on selected sites. This grinding is also called cold. Positive aspects of such influence:
- laser targeted influence;
- minimal skin damage;
- lifting effect;
- procedure is virtually painless;
- minimal risk of side effects;
- can be used on sensitive areas of the face.
Well adjusts laser resurfacing stretch marks on the body, wrinkles, scars and scars. About when it is needed, read on.
Who needs the procedure
Laser resurfacing can be recommended by a doctor. This procedure is carried out at any age. In what cases is it necessary:
- photoaging of the skin;
- with a tendency of the skin to keloid formation;
- scars, scars, resulting from burns, injuries, with improper intergrowth of the edges of the wound;
- skin pigmentation;
- extended pores;
- stretch marks;
- age changes.
Laser grinding with stretch marks on the body after delivery and rapid weight loss also copes easily.
Contraindications to the procedure
Do not perform laser resurfacing in such cases:
- skin diseases in the treated area;
- low scar healing;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- oncological diseases;
- exacerbation of somatic pathologies;
- chronic diseases in the stage of decompensation;
- diabetes mellitus;
- of blood diseases;
- elevated body temperature;
- acne in the stage of relapse;
- propensity to form keloid scars;
If you are taking retinoids, the procedure for laser resurfacing can be performed only three months after taking the drugs of this group.
How to prepare for
procedure Before carrying out the procedure, it is necessary to pass some tests:
- a general blood test;
- biochemical blood test;
- blood for hepatitis B, C, HIV, syphilis.
Also, do not use the following procedures:
- visit the solarium;
- carry out chemical peeling;
- do a face cleaning at home.
Three days before polishing:
- should not visit the pool, sauna, or bath;
- processing zone by alcohol;
- not to drink alcohol and quit smoking;
- do not use decorative cosmetics;
- do not take drugs with aspirin.
For prophylactic purposes, to reduce the occurrence of side effects, it is possible to use:
- glycolic acid;
- antiviral drugs;
- antibiotics: Sumamed, Azitsin.
If a person has dark skin, bleaching drugs are used before the procedure, this significantly reduces the risk of dark pigmentation. Laser resurfacing of stretch marks on the body also requires in the preparatory period to stop using any cosmetic products for the body.
Laser grinding procedure
Consider how the laser resurfacing procedure is performed:
- An anesthetic cream is applied to the area of the skin to be treated. General anesthesia can also be used, it all depends on the area of influence and the depth of grinding.
- If facial polishing is carried out, the patient is put on goggles, removes make-up.
- Place the treatment with an antiseptic.
- After the initial laser treatment, the skin should be white.
- If anesthesia was local in the form of a cream, then the treatment is repeated.
- The procedure is continued after 10 minutes.
- The process continues until blood drops appear on the skin. This indicates that the laser penetrated the papillary dermis.
- The procedure can last from 5 minutes to an hour.
It should be noted that laser resurfacing of stretch marks on the abdomen is carried out most often with a carbon dioxide laser. Erbium does not have such an effect, as sealing cells. Therefore, after such a procedure, a longer period of rehabilitation is needed. Laser resurfacing stretch marks on the chest helps women to correct the consequences of pregnancy or sudden weight loss. Also, it is better to use a carbon dioxide laser.
Let's highlight some of the negative aspects of the laser resurfacing procedure:
- The skin becomes very red. In this condition, it can be about 4 months.
- Hyperpigmentation status or decreased pigmentation.
- The appearance of scars on the skin.
- If an infection is present, it can cause complications after the procedure. In such cases, prophylactic antibiotic therapy is necessary.
- After the procedure, the skin is slightly swollen. Crusts on the skin.
During the recovery period, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- Do not apply treated skin areas to sunlight for the entire recovery period.
- In the future, you need to constantly use sunscreen.
- Do not touch with your hands.
- Do not remove any crusts when forming crusts. In 7 days they will go off on their own.
- The treated area will have to be covered with a sterile bandage for the first days.
- It is necessary to treat the surface with wound healing agents up to 5 times a day.
- If there are strong painful sensations, it is necessary to take painkillers.
- To prevent herpes fever or bacterial infection, antiviral drugs must be taken before and after the procedure, and also, if necessary, antibacterial.
- If there is a severe swelling after the procedure, then you can apply ice.
- After 5-7 days the skin will begin to peel off, climb, crust - go. At this point, you need to use moisturizers.
The full recovery period will take about two weeks. Physical loads are allowed in full after 4-6 weeks. Very effectively removes stretch marks laser resurfacing. Before and after the procedure for effectiveness, it is important to follow all the recommendations of a specialist. It may take from 3 to 10 sessions to achieve the desired effect.
Reviews of patients
Laser resurfacing stretch marks reviews most often deserve positive. Patients see results after the first procedure. In the recovery period, follow the doctor's recommendations. There are several positive aspects of laser resurfacing, which patients note:
- skin rejuvenation;
- removal of stretch marks;
- removal of pigmented spots, scars, scars;
- narrowing of pores;
- skin visibly tightened;
- The relief of the skin improves, it will become smoother, smoother;
- reduction in the number of wrinkles;
- effect persists for several years.
It is also noted that the laser resurfacing stretch removes forever, that is, you do not need to repeat procedures several years later. In negative reviews, patients note that laser resurfacing of stretch marks is quite high: between 27 and 45 thousand rubles. The procedure for patients will not bring the desired result if the scars or stretch marks are very deep, or the laser has been incorrectly chosen by the doctor. Also, not everyone agrees to tolerate pain, redness, swelling. For some, this is a serious psychological trauma.