Vestibular gymnastics for kids and for the elderly. Exercises of vestibular gymnastics
After the traumas or surgical interventions, with the diseases of the nervous system, the brain structures may suffer, which is manifested by dizziness, sensation of faintness, impaired coordination. In disorders of the vestibular apparatus, special vestibular gymnastics will help, which alleviates the symptoms and prevents the progression of the disease.
Very often, people who have suffered a stroke come to the doctor's office with complaints of dizziness and coordination disorders when walking. Vestibular gymnastics after a stroke helps such patients improve their quality of life. After several weeks of regular classes, positive dynamics are already observed.
What is vestibular gymnastics?
Similar exercises are not associated with the growth of muscle mass. For each age category, this physical activity is different in pace, respiratory cycles and the number of repetitions.
All exercises designed to strengthen the vestibular apparatus begin with a straight trunk posture. For warm-up, raise your hands up, look at your palms, stay for two or three seconds, and exhale through your mouth.
The main complex
Vestibular gymnastics is performed at the pace that is comfortable for you. Each exercise is repeated five to seven times, except for jumps and push-ups. Breathe through the nose, and exhale through tightly compressed lips. The starting position is standing straight with hands down, heels and socks together.
Examples of exercises
- From the starting position straighten the back, unfold the chest, tighten the stomach, raise the head slightly. Then straight arms are raised over your head and your hands are joined. This position is fixed for five to seven seconds. Return to the starting position.
- Raise the right foot and fix the position for 5-7 seconds, then raise the left one. For complication, lifting the right leg, take it with your hands and press it against the inner surface of the thigh. The heel should be closer to the groin, the sock looks down. Standing on the left foot, the right foot is kept in the same plane with the trunk. Then the exercise is repeated on the other leg.
- Turn the neck to the right and left until the position in which there is discomfort, fix the position for five to seven seconds. Exercise is performed with relaxed muscles of the neck. Pulling the crown up, fix it in the extreme position for 5-7 seconds.
- The head is tilted forward until the chin touches the chest, fixed in this position. After that, perform the slopes to the right and left, trying to reach the ear with the ear to the shoulder. The shoulder can not be lifted. Fix position.
- The head is rotated in a clockwise and counterclockwise direction.
- Lean forward, pulling the upper part of the body and clasping his shoulders with his hands.
- They kneel, taking a breath, raise their right arm and left leg, trying to keep their balance.
- From the starting position, jump upwards, trying to make a turn in the jump around its axis. Repeat 2-10 times in each direction. Exercise is suitable only for trained people.
The final part can be done relaxing, meditating in the lotus position.
Exercises for the elderly
Vestibular gymnastics for the elderly is an ideal way of prevention and recovery. Elderly people note a reduction in pain in the back, no dizziness, numbness of the limbs and noise in the head and ears. Despite the fact that such exercises are considered harmless, they must be consulted by a doctor before they are performed.
Initially, you need to do the exercises without closing your eyes. After the balance improves, you can do exercises with your eyes closed, but it is advisable that there is a person nearby who can hedge. Here are some exercises for the elderly who will help cope with vestibular disorders:
- You can practice getting up from a chair and sitting on it, looking straight, then with your eyes closed.
- Sitting on a chair, try to get an object from the floor and return to its original position. Then you need to return the item back.
- Picking up any drawing, you need to stretch your arms forward and focus your eyes on the picture. Turn your head in one direction, then the other side, without moving the sheet and without taking your eyes off him.
insurance To perform the following exercises, you will need the help of a trainer or a close person to avoid falling:
- Standing on the floor you have to lift one leg, trying to maintain balance. For complication, you should try to perform the exercise with your eyes closed.
- Walking straight, try to turn your head in one direction, then the other.
Lessons for kids
Exercises for children are simple and easy to perform, kids love them very much. In addition, they are great for a joint pastime of mother and baby.
How to start?
Vestibular gymnastics is carried out cautiously, the kid should receive from employment pleasure. Mom needs to be careful and watch the crumbs constantly. It is necessary to hold the child confidently, to begin at a calm and slow pace, the duration of the classes to increase gradually.
Vestibular gymnastics for babies is made up of several exercises. You can begin classes when the kid already knows how to observe an object that moves slowly, that is, from about two months.
Clothes and moms and children for classes should be comfortable, exercises should choose those that are most like crumbs.
Examples of exercises
To strengthen the spine, the baby should often be spread on the tummy. While the child is in this position, the mother gently pulls the crumbs upwards, after which she turns it over on the back, lifting the arms and legs in turn. You can carefully roll the crumbs on the bed, from one barrel to another.
For a complete blood supply to the brain, the baby's head should often rotate. In this case, the rattle will help, which the mother calls behind the baby, forcing him to turn the head to the sound.
When the child turns four months old, you can take it under your armpits and bounce. This exercise is great for training the vestibular apparatus and strengthening the muscles.
It will be useful to jiggle the crumbs on the shoulder, on the lap of the mother or on the big ball, this will help teach the baby to maintain balance and control his body. Exercises of the vestibular gymnastics on the ball very like children, in addition, such exercises help to train muscles, promote the development of the brain and improve the functioning of the intestine.
More children adore the exercise "airplane": the mother lies on her back, taking the baby under her armpits, lifting it in her outstretched hands and lowering, holding it vertically, horizontally or in an inclined position.
Parents often fear to shake the baby head down, although this is a natural situation for the crumbs, which, being in the uterus, was located just like that. It is important to hold his shins firmly, gently lifting him face to face and swinging to the sides. Then the crumb is gently lowered. Such an exercise enthralls children.
Vestibular gymnastics for babies can be carried out with the help of a swing, carousel, on which you can ride with the baby. A little later you can let him swing himself, while not forgetting to insure.
Rotations are also useful. Putting the child on his shoulder, you need to start gently whirling in one direction, then another. You can take the baby by the forearms and spin, straightening his arms to the right and left.
A lot of positive emotions cause tossing, when the mother keeps the crumb under the mice, and then tosses and catches.
Vestibular gymnastics for children should be accompanied by words, you need to finish the exercise before the baby gets tired.
Such exercises are useful for people of all age categories. An adult with the help of vestibular gymnastics can improve his condition with vestibular disorders. Classes help alleviate symptoms and improve general condition.
Vestibular exercises for infants are especially useful for young parents. A couple of simple movements will help to entertain and reassure the child.