"Tetracycline-Akos": instructions for use
"Tetracycline-Acos" is a medicinal drug that belongs to the antibiotics of the tetracycline group. The drug has a wide field of application, it acts as an antibacterial agent."Tetracycline" inhibits the vital activity of many pathogens, whose activity leads to infectious diseases.
The active ingredient( tetracycline hydrochloride) helps to cope with many pathogens, but it is completely ineffective in combating viruses and fungi, as well as group A streptococci. What is the use of the "Tetracycline-Akos" ointment?
There are two forms of ointment for external use - one( eye) and three percent. The drug is available in the form of a yellow dense mass, released in pharmacies in tubes( volume from 3 to 15 grams).The cost of the drug varies from 20 to 50 rubles. Active substance is - tetracycline hydrochloride( from 0.01-0.03 grams), additional components are vaseline, vinyl, sodium pyrosulfate, ceresin. The active microelement has a detrimental effect on the formation of protein structures in viruses. Getting into the blood, does not form coordination compounds with plasma proteins. Destructively affects the following groups of bacteria:
- Salmonella( causes salmonellosis, severe food poisoning).
- E. coli( causes severe food poisoning, meningitis).
- Staphylococcus( is the causative agent of folliculitis, pyoderma, hyperemia, sinusitis, sinusitis, osteomyelitis, cholecystitis, laryngitis, tracheitis).
- Streptococcus( is the causative agent of meningitis, periodontitis, abscesses, endocarditis, bronchitis, scarlet fever, acute tonsillitis).
- Shigella( causative agent of dysentery).
- Spirochetes( causative agents of syphilis, typhoid, Lyme disease, borreliosis, leptospirosis).
- Rickettsia( intracellular parasites, are causative agents of the spotted fever of the Rocky Mountains).
- Klebsiella( causative agent of pneumonia, urogenital infections, conjunctivitis, sepsis, meningitis and acute intestinal infections).
When can I use tetracycline ointment?
Drug 1% is used in the treatment of the following eye diseases:
- Infections of the mucous membranes of the eye.
- Two-sided re-inflammation of the eyelid edge.
- Chlamydial inflammation( sexually transmitted infection caused by chlamydia).
And also used to prevent infectious processes after a surgical operation or trauma.
Ointment 3% is used to eliminate the following ailments:
- Vulvitis( inflammation affecting the external genitalia).
- Pustular formations.
- Sinusitis( infection of the mucous membrane of one or more paranasal sinuses).
- Pharyngitis( inflammation of the inner shell of hollow organs and larynx).
- Stomatitis( damage to the mucous walls of the oral cavity).
- Brucellosis( zooantroponous inflammatory process, which is transmitted from infected animals to humans).
- Gingivitis( gum disease without damage to the integrity of the dentogingival joint).
- Pneumonia( inflammation of the lung tissue).
- Typhus( infectious diseases accompanied by mental disorders on the background of high fever and intoxication).
Ointment "Tetracycline-Acos": instruction
To prevent eye diseases, the ointment should be applied daily to the lower conjunctive sac. In this case, you need to pull the lower eyelid and place on the mucous membrane of the eye from three to five millimeters of the drug.
Depending on the severity of the disease, the duration of therapy is as follows:
- With reddening of the mucous membrane, foreign body sensation in the eye, purulent discharge 1% ointment is used until the symptoms disappear completely.
- When trachoma treatment should continue for 7 to 20 days under the supervision of an ophthalmologist.
- After the operation, 3% ointment is applied two to three days.
- To eliminate acne, the drug( 3%) should be used for eight weeks.
- If hair follicles, as well as pustular inflammation, are disturbed and the specimen is applied by applying compresses( from a gauze bandage with a dense layer of tetracycline ointment 3%) for up to twelve hours, the procedure must be repeated every day until complete recovery.
In the instructions for the ointment "Tetracycline" 1 and 3% you can see the following prohibitions on the use:
- children under eight years;
- problems in kidney and liver function;
- intolerance of components.
Side effects of
Like any other drug, tetracycline ointment has a number of side effects:
- liver and kidney damage;
- skin pigmentation;
- gait unsteadiness;
- allergic manifestations;
- increased intracranial pressure;
The drug has a strong antibacterial and antimicrobial effect.
Ointment "Tetracycline-Akos" 3% can not be used for deep cuts and stab wounds, with severe burns and eye diseases. The drug should not be combined with antibiotics penicillin series, as well as drugs containing antacids, retinol, metal ions. In addition, tetracycline ointment should not be used in conjunction with cholestyramine and cholestipol, since these microelements contribute to the rapid absorption of antibiotic. The use of erythromycin ointment enhances the therapeutic effect.