"Cuckoo" with genyantritis: the treatment procedure
In the autumn-winter period many people suffer from sinusitis. For such a pathology, the inflammatory process proceeds in the maxillary sinus. This is a serious disease requiring comprehensive adequate treatment. After all, sinusitis can lead to severe consequences, ranging from severe pain and ending with sepsis. To prevent the development of such complications, the doctor will recommend appropriate medication. But adequate treatment is absolutely impossible without such a procedure as "cuckoo".With genyantritis, it is she who brings quick relief and ensures recovery.
The essence of the method
The procedure is known in medical practice by the name of the doctor who invented this method of treatment - Arthur Proetz. In the people, the event is called "cuckoo".What is this procedure?
The method of "cuckoo" for sinusitis is a physiotherapy exercise that allows using hygiene means to perform hygiene of nasal cavities. During manipulation, the patient should be told: "ku-ku".Thanks to these simple actions, the opening of the larynx closes securely. As a result, the oral cavity of the patient is completely protected from penetration of mucus and medicinal solutions into it.
It is because of the need to "cuckoo" during the procedure, washing the nose has received a so strange name in the people.
What is the procedure for
"Cuckoo" for maxillary sinusitis is not only a hygienic measure, but also a therapeutic one. The procedure is recommended for patients suffering from various diseases of the respiratory system. This method helps protect the body against the spread of infection. In addition, it provides an excellent healing effect.
If viruses attack the body, then the mucus starts to emit from the nose. This is a normal protective reaction to the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms. Mucus protects the respiratory system from the ingress of bacteria and dust into it. But the body can not always fully resist the infection. And this threatens the development of diseases.
Rinsing of nasal cavities eliminates pathogenic flora, dust, dead cells, excess mucus. Thanks to this procedure, nasal breathing is very quickly normalized, and the functioning of the mucosa is restored.
In addition, the procedure "cuckoo" with genyantritis is carried out using special therapeutic solutions. This greatly enhances the cleansing effect. But the most important and main advantage of this method is the ability( in most cases) to avoid surgical interventions( punctures), which are sometimes required in genyantritis.
Indications for the
The sinus washing procedure is recommended for patients who are diagnosed with the following pathologies:
- Genyantritis .The event helps to cope with both a chronic and a protracted form of ailment.
- Adenoiditis .Pathology implies an inflammatory process that takes place in the pharyngeal tonsil. The ailment is often observed in patients in childhood.
- Inflammation of sinuses. This symptomatology is typical for various curvatures of the nasal septum. These pathologies prevent free outflow of pus and mucus.
- Adenoids .The growth of the pharyngeal tonsil, which is based on the hypertrophy of the lymphatic tissue, often leads to difficulty breathing and congestion of mucus.
- Runny nose .Washing will benefit from rhinitis of any nature. The event helps even with an allergic rhinitis.
The most common procedure is "cuckoo" in case of genyantritis, when the process has acquired a chronic course. So, initially the patient is prescribed antiviral drugs, antibiotic treatment. If the maxillary sinusitis returns after a while, the doctors talk about the chronic form. In this case, the patient is recommended to resort to washing the nose.
Carrying out the procedure in the hospital
How is the "cuckoo" made for sinusitis in a medical clinic?
The technology for performing the event is simple enough:
- Initially, the doctor will drip the nasal cavity with a drug that provides a narrowing of the vessels. This will reduce swelling of the mucosa, increase the effectiveness of the action and the depth of the drug solution.
- The patient lies down on the couch, and slightly tilts his head back. The angle of inclination should reach 45 degrees.
- Using a syringe( with the needle removed) a medicinal solution is injected into one nasal passage. For one nostril, 120 ml of liquid is needed. This is about 5-6 infusions with a 20-milligram syringe.
- A special suction is inserted into the other nasal passage. Such an electromechanical device sucks up a liquid that has washed out the sinuses.
- During the procedure the patient constantly repeats: "Ku-ku".
- If there is a stagnation in the bosom, then ENT for a couple of seconds clamps one nostril, then another. This method creates a pressure drop, as a result of which the purulent plug leaves much faster.
- Flushing is also carried out for another nasal passage.
- At the end of the exercise, the patient is administered a medicine in the sinuses.
Often patients are interested in the question: is this procedure painful? The doctors say that the event does not cause any pain. However, washing the nose is somewhat unpleasant. Therefore, this treatment must be prepared in advance psychologically.
It is best to entrust the washing of the nose to competent specialists. Especially if the procedure is performed by the child or is performed for the first time.
But many people prefer to wash their noses themselves. In this case, the right technique is important.
The "cuckoo" is performed at a genyantritis at home as follows:
- The procedure is most conveniently carried out near the sink, in the bathroom.
- Prepare a medicinal solution for rinsing.
- In the pharmacy you can buy a special teapot, designed for washing the nose. Sometimes such devices are sold complete with a medicinal solution for the procedure. In the absence of this equipment, you can use a conventional syringe( 20 ml) without a needle or a rubber bulb.
- Clean as far as possible nasal cavities. Then, dig in each nostril with a vasoconstrictor.
- Above the sink, take the appropriate position. It is necessary to tilt the head forward and slightly to the side( at an angle of 45 degrees).This position will avoid penetration of the solution into the nasopharynx or ear holes.
- The tip of the irrigator( syringe, pear) is injected into the upper nasal passage approximately 1 cm.
- Very carefully, giving the solution a small stream, start rinsing. Gradually, the flow speed needs to be increased. If the washing is performed properly, a liquid containing mucus and pus will start to flow from the nostril below.
- Repeat a few more of these infusions for one move. Then rinse the other cavity.
- After the event, carefully empty the mucus from the nose.
Safety rules for
It is very important that the nose is washed properly in case of genyantritis."Cuckoo" is a procedure that brings great relief. But in case of improper implementation, the measure can provide extremely negative consequences.
Therefore during the event it is necessary to adhere to such rules:
- Be sure to monitor the supply of the drug solution.
- Before starting rinsing, eliminate swelling of the mucosa. For this, vasoconstrictive medications are used. Otherwise, a solution containing purulent discharge from the sinuses may enter the ear canals. This will lead to the development of purulent otitis or eustachiitis.
- If the event is held in a clinic, the patient is not allowed to climb abruptly. This will provoke dizziness, nosebleeds, sometimes even loss of consciousness. In case of self-treatment, do not perform abrupt head movements.
- One session is enough to feel great relief. However, the patient needs to tune in to complete the washing course. As a rule, it consists of 5-7 procedures on average. To cure completely of the disease doctors recommend 8-10 sessions.
- Flushing should not be done immediately before leaving for cold air. This will lead to hypothermia of the body. Do not exercise at night, as the liquid will continue to flow from the nasal passages.
Cinnamon flushing with sinusitis involves the use of medicines.
For the event two types of medicines are used:
- Vasoconstrictors. They are used before the procedure. These drugs are designed to remove swelling of the mucosa.
- Antiseptics. Medications are designed to fight against pathogenic bacteria. Such medications can sometimes cause a burning sensation, irritation of the mucosa, provoke sneezing.
Excellent means are:
The choice is often stopped on such medications:
- Solution of furacilin.
Possible side effects of
"Cuckoo" with genyantritis is a practically painless and safe procedure. Discomfort, which can sometimes arise in patients, is of a psychological nature( anxiety, anxiety, panic).
But in some patients the procedure can be accompanied by quite negative manifestations:
- sensation of burning;
- with reddening of the eyes;
- discomfort in the nose;
- strong sneezing;
- with pain, heaviness in the head;
- with mild nasal bleeding;
- with stuffy ears;
- with nausea, vomiting;
- injuries and damage to the nasal mucosa.
Contraindications to the procedure
Treatment of genyantritis "cuckoo" is strictly prohibited when:
- allergies to the washing solution;
- with a persistent puffiness that can not be reduced;
- tumor growths in the nose;
- diagnosis of otitis;
- frequent nasal bleeding.
Opinion of patients
Many people say quite positively about such procedure as "cuckoo" with genyantritis. The reviews of the majority of patients confirm the painlessness and effectiveness of the event. Rinsing quickly restores nasal breathing. In addition, the event allows people to avoid such unpleasant interference as a puncture.