Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine( osteochondrosis of the neck).How to treat the disease with traditional and folk remedies?
The modern rhythm of life seems and seems very fast, but people are increasingly not in motion, but are in a sitting position. This is fraught with various problems. One of them is osteochondrosis of the neck. How to treat this problem, in what ways it is possible to cope with it - this will be discussed later.
Definition of concepts
Initially, it is necessary to understand the terminology that will be used in the article. So, what is osteochondrosis? This is a disease that affects the spine. In science, the definition is more precise: it is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion. Intervertebral discs and cartilage are affected. This disease can affect various areas of the back. In this case, it will be specifically about cervical osteochondrosis. Which, by the way, is familiar not by hearsay about 80% of the inhabitants of our country.
A bit basic about the disease
If we talk about the causes of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, then there can be a huge number. However, the most common of these are sedentary lifestyles, excess weight, posture disorders, and work that is associated with either frequent movements or lifting of a large weight. Determine the diagnosis will help the doctor, but the first bell, which will give the patient to understand that there are problems - this is a pain in the neck. You can diagnose the disease in various ways. To do this, in medicine, there are specially designed for this procedure: radiography, CT or MRI.If you want to check the condition of the cervical vertebrae, you can use ultrasound dopplerography( examination of vessels, their condition and patency) or duplex scanning( vascular blood flow is also being studied).
First aid for discomfort
When deciding what to treat the osteochondrosis of the neck, effective first aid methods must be remembered first. That is, in what ways quickly and in a short time you can cope with unpleasant sensations. But you need to remember that these methods are temporary. They will help to cope with the problem at a certain stage, but they will not get rid of the cause of the disease.
- Taking painkillers. To cope with discomfortable sensations it is possible by means of "Analginum" or "Tempalgina".
- If the above described drugs do not help, you will need to take medications such as Ibuprofen or Diclofenac. They are referred to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- You can try to cope with the pain with the help of ointments "Diclofenac" or "Butadion".It is necessary to apply warming agents very cautiously and only under the doctor's recommendation. Otherwise, you can significantly worsen the situation.
- You can cope with edema with diuretics.
It can be either specific medications or alternative medicine.
Also it must be said that it is impossible to fight the disease with the help of special gymnastics. You can start studies only after the hearth of the disease subsides, and the inflammatory process is left behind.
Traditional methods of fighting the disease
If a person is suffering from osteochondrosis of the neck, how to treat this problem is what is being thought of first. What methods does the traditional offer, that is, the usual and customary for modern man medicine?
- Application of medicines. It can be such medications as analgesics, antispasmodics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Also, doctors can prescribe vitamins. In this case it is useful to use vitamins of group B. And also doctors often attribute chondroprotectors.
- Ointments and creams. Some are prescribed to relieve pain, others - to stimulate the recovery processes in tissues.
- Very useful in this case, the impact of manual therapy. It can be special massages, therapeutic exercises, girudo or reflexotherapy.
- Very rarely, but it also happens that patients need surgical intervention.
Traditional treatment of
It's time to answer, than to treat osteochondrosis of the neck. A variety of methods to combat the problem - this is the main rule. That is, you need to use complex therapy. This should not just be a medication. One should also not forget about manual methods. What do doctors advise?
- You can remove the pain and cope with the inflammatory process with the help of drugs "Diclofenac", "Nyz" or "Voltaren".These remedies are also good because they help stimulate cerebral circulation.
- To relieve the pathological tension of the muscles, doctors advise to use such a tool as "Midokalm".
- Among the vitamins experts advise to pay special attention to preparations saturated with vitamins B1, B6 and B12.It is also good to take nicotinic acid.
- Useful for osteochondrosis are preparations of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Than else it is possible to overcome an osteochondrosis of a neck? How to treat this difficult disease? Often in the commercials you can find information about the drugs, which are called "chondroprotectors."Physicians do not have an unequivocal opinion on this score. This is essentially a dietary supplement that does not cause harm. But they are absolutely useless in the treatment of this uneasy disease.
- Physiotherapeutic procedures also help in the treatment. In this case, useful is electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, paraffin baths, therapeutic showers and baths.
Many people are interested in how to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home. Doctors do not get tired of asserting that one of the main methods of complex therapy is therapeutic gymnastics. However, it can be carried out only at times when there is no exacerbation of the disease. Otherwise, you can significantly damage your body. Exercises are very simple. Everything is done in a sitting position. The head should be alternately tilted back and forth, left-to-right. The exercise is intensified by pressing the hand in opposition to the head, so that the neck feels resistance. Then you need to work your shoulders. They need to be lifted up as high as possible and lowered to the neck to maximize. Exercise can be repeated 5-10 times. If possible, you can massage your area of painful sensations with at least a few minutes of every half hour, even if there is no pain. These simple exercises can be done even in the workplace. They are an excellent prevention of discomfort in the neck.
Indian onions to help
Often people are looking for ways to treat osteochondrosis of the neck with folk remedies. After all to apply medicinal preparations not all wish. To calm the pain, you can use a regular Indian bow. You need to squirt the spot of pain out of his feather. Doing it best before bed. The next morning the pain will go away, and the discomfort will no longer be felt.
Another way to overcome the osteochondrosis of the neck? How to treat this disease without resorting to medications? You can use the so-called curative scarf. It is not difficult to prepare it. It is necessary to put a thin layer of curd on an ordinary scarf, drop a little vinegar and wrap around the place of pain localization at night.
Garlic and lemon
Are there any other ways to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home? Wizards say that you can cope with this disease with the help of the well-known elixir of youth, which includes garlic and lemon. It is not difficult to prepare it. Four small lemons must be twisted with purified garlic( 150 grams).All this is placed in a conventional three-liter jar, filled to the top with non-boiling boiled water. This simple medicine is taken for 100 ml daily, in the morning. Before use, the medicine should be shaken well.
Folk healers are also advised to use horseradish for treatment. One sheet must be treated with boiling water before treatment, cooled and applied to a sore spot, wrapped around with a scarf. The first procedure may seem unbearable, so burning will be so strong. But after a couple of procedures, the sensations will be weakened. The course of treatment - only five applications. Compresses need to be done at night.
How to treat osteochondrosis of the neck at home, if it is practically impossible to get horseradish leaves in winter? Do not despair. For this, you can use mountain wax, which in medicine is called ozocerite. At the bottom of the can is placed an oilcloth, this wax melts on it a little, then it is placed on a sore spot. Compress can be tied with a scarf. The course consists of twenty procedures. If you do them regularly, every three to four months, then you can forget about the exacerbation of the cervical osteochondrosis.
Having considered how to treat osteochondrosis of the neck, the causes and treatment of this disease, having considered, it should be noted that in any situation in which a violation of health appears, it is best to consult a doctor. After all, only an expert can make the correct diagnosis and prescribe competent treatment. And self-treatment often leads to serious complications.