Restorative gymnastics after a stroke at home
After the body suffered from a stroke, some parts of the body stop functioning. Excessive tension of the muscle tissue causes resistance when trying to unbend or bend the arm. It will require competent restorative gymnastics after a stroke, including complex exercises. This therapy can be carried out at home, with the help of relatives or yourself.
Objectives of the
exercises Gymnastics after a stroke are performed to restore all the motor abilities of the body, from simple compressing the hand to complex rotational pirouettes during the dance. Often it is not possible to fully restore the abilities, but, with maximum effort, it is possible to achieve that the patient will be able to perform the functions necessary for life.
The terms of rehabilitation can be limited to a year, but in reality the restoration lasts the rest of your life. Gymnastics after a stroke at home should be carried out constantly - with the help of relatives in the first months and independently until the full return of abilities to precise movements.
What should I achieve?
Gymnastics after a stroke is designed for the following purposes:
- to restore all previously acquired skills and the ability to perform complex movements;
- make blood flow more intense, which will favorably affect the condition of the whole organism;
- normalize the functioning of the lymphatic system;
- shorten the recovery time.
All listed results of therapy are implemented, if daily therapeutic exercises are performed after a stroke at home. In addition, drug treatment and therapy on apparatuses are used. If the patient has a personal motivation to recover, then the effectiveness of the exercises will be much higher.
The basis of therapeutic physical training is based on competent sequence. The patient should not experience overload and stressful conditions. Emotional feelings negatively affect the effectiveness of the therapy. At all stage of recovery, the brain controls all movements. If he blocks the nervous system, you can get the opposite effect from training.
Sequence of actions of
It is not recommended to try to restore its mobility by independent forces. Therapeutic physical education is appointed individually by the attending physician. The main factor that guides the path of successful recovery is the systematic adherence to step-by-step instructions. The frequency of repetitions of the complex of exercises is constantly adjusted taking into account the patient's state of health.
Gymnastics after a stroke includes:
- help in the clinic, aimed at returning the basic abilities of the body's motility;
- independent exercises, which must be done constantly even in bed;
- help relatives with immobility of the body in the first days after a stroke.
There are three consecutive stages in the rehabilitation period:
- Preparation for exercises.
- The onset of passive movements aimed at restoring muscle memory.
- Active form of employment.
What is the basis of treatment?
Therapeutic gymnastics after a stroke is based on a simple principle: the more elementary exercises are done, the higher the probability of being healthy until the end of life. During rehabilitation the patient performs the exercises systematically, without a reminder and at any possible moment.
All types of repetitive movements are aimed at returning abilities:
- to distinguish certain colors and react to them;
- is good for hearing and distinguishing sounds;
- perform simple mathematical calculations;
- reactions when nerve endings are triggered;
- perform complex movements of hands while playing the piano, conducting or drawing.
The brain must gradually restore its functions, including the ability to joke, rejoice and show other feelings through facial expressions and movements.
Exercise in the early days of
Gymnastics after a stroke are carried out only after preliminary warming up of muscles. More often this procedure is carried out with the help of:
- heating pads;
- hot tub;
- warming massage.
Immediately after discharge from the clinic, the patient should proceed to the so-called passive method of performing physical training. They begin with the elementary movements of the arm, legs, eyes, head. All classes are held in a reclining position, because a person is still difficult to even sit.
The initial period lasts no more than two weeks, all manipulations with the body are carried out under the supervision of a doctor. Close people help the patient, helping to move the limbs and supporting him on a moral level.
In a hospital bed, the patient is already beginning to conduct similar and simple movements. Each practiced exercise is complicated by agreement with the doctor: the duration or intensity of manipulation increases. At personal desire the person can continue to carry out the previous training, but combining it with the new one.
Consider what you can do. Therapeutic exercises after a stroke in bed can include:
- The work of the muscles of the eyelids, the eye of . Attempts to rotate eyes, tightly squint.
- Movement of the front of the . Grimaces in the form of a smile, expressions of sadness. Conduct classes on which the forehead frowns, frown, etc.
- There is a constant development of brushes, fingers and toes.
- The patient can flex the knee, rotate the foot.
- Exercises for the head: turning to the sides on the bed lying down, attempting to raise and lower.
- Any attempts to straighten, holding on to the upper back of the bed, will be useful.
Exercises for the lower extremities
To restore the body, the movements of all parts of the body are restored. So, a separate gymnastics of the legs after a stroke is performed:
- On the foot, finger surgery is performed to restore blood circulation and sensitivity.
- The rotation of the foot with alternating rectification as in the ballerina.
- Complete flexion and extension of the limbs to hold until you get, so you can make the simulators with a linen gum or a towel so that you can control the movement of the paralyzed leg.
- Attempts to move the ball with the ball or other objects.
- Circular exercises of the foot on the bed or while lifting.
Exercises for upper limbs
Initial gymnastics after a stroke involves the development of hands, they affect the quality of human life and all the movements that are performed. Passive exercises begin to be carried out at once, at immobility of the patient. They include clenching of fists, flexion of all fingers, extension of the brush and rotational movements.
It will be useful to count the fingers, bending each of them sequentially. All exercises can be constructed in the form of a game to immediately restore emotional memory. After the brush has fully developed, go to the stretching of the muscles of the hand. Passive training is achieved by uninhibited motion of the joints.
The initial stages of the exercises are always the most difficult. But, having achieved the first independent movement, the patient feels confident in the cure. Although such an achievement can be a simple start. This insignificant jerk means that muscle control has appeared, and the signal from the brain has gone where it should be.
After the first victories over your hand you can not stop. The patient must constantly try to spread the influence of the brain on all muscle tissues. Gradually there will come a positive result, after which the complex movements of the hand will be possible. Not all patients return the ability to write after a stroke, but this is more likely due to motivation.
Often patients can not fully pronounce the sounds. To restore lost opportunities, articulatory gymnastics is performed after a stroke. They are combined with mimic movements of the face. Such gymnastics can include the following exercises:
- Inflating cheeks, patients try to make simple sounds. At the same time they draw their lips with a tube, squeeze them. By releasing the air, they try to draw their cheeks.
- Movement in the tongue inside the mouth is practiced. To restore the sensitivity, you can lightly bite it.
- Strength exercises inside the mouth hold, trying to push back the jaw, cheeks or lips.
Working with the lungs
All types of training for patients should accompany respiratory gymnastics after a stroke. This type of exercise is aimed at restoring blood circulation and oxygen supply to the immobile parts of the body. It is performed at any slightest muscle tension.
The task of training with the help of a doctor or a close person is to make the chest move more intensively. To do this, put pressure on the movement of the lungs alternately jerking in exhalation or inspiration. The situation is changing constantly. This method causes the patient to breathe independently more confidently, with large volumes of air.
The initial period, characterized by successful achievements on the path of recovery, should smoothly change to heavier types of training. They are necessary for the full operation of the heart, lungs, and the brain. The active phase of gymnastics is more fun, behind the most unpleasant moments.
This period of rehabilitation is combined with squats, full morning exercises. Also, training in bed can be conducted to avoid unnecessary strain on the body. They can include lifting both legs, pelvis, back.
For the charging of a standing fit the torso, squats, swings with hands and feet. All sets of exercises need to be selected together with the attending physician. It is recommended to avoid overloading during the first months of recovery.