What is duodenal sounding
For diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases, as well as bile ducts, duodenal sounding is used. The aim of the procedure is to obtain the contents of duodenum( duodenum - duodenum) for investigation. It consists primarily of the secretion of the pancreas together with bile.
With the help of this study, the following internal organs are also concluded:
- bile duct,
In some cases, the pathologies of the above organs are revealed.
Duodenal sounding is performed for therapeutic purposes. In this case, the appropriate medications are administered through a special duodenal probe.
Represents a sterile, thin rubber tube, 1.5 meters long with a lumen diameter of 2.3 millimeters. At the end of the tube, the tube contains a metal olive with holes hollowed inside.
Duodenal sounding. Preparation, process of
- The patient should be prepared psychologically, convincing him of the complete safety of the manipulations.
- Duodenal probing to the patient is carried out in a special premise on an empty stomach. On the eve of the patient taking the subcutaneous or inside the solution of atropine, dinner should be light, excluding products that provoke gas formation. This is black bread, potatoes, milk.
- Patient should rinse mouth with antiseptic solution.
- The duodenal probe indicates the distance from the teeth to the navel of the patient in the standing position.
- Olive, which can be lubricated with glycerin, is put in the mouth of the patient.
- It is pushed past the root of the tongue and the patient, relaxing and breathing deeply, produces swallowing movements.
- Thus, the probe gradually swallows up to the passage of the olive into the duodenum. Usually it goes there for one to two hours.
- The patient is placed on the right side, and with the help of the inserted probe, the portion "A" of the duodenal contents is pumped out into the pre-prepared tube. It is mixed with bile juice of duodenum. The color of the liquid is usually light yellow.
- A special stimulus is injected through the duodenal probe and a "B" portion is given in a short time( 5-10 minutes).It is a concentrated dark, olive bile from the gallbladder. If the contents can not be taken for a quarter of an hour, the stimulus is reintroduced.
- After complete emptying of the gallbladder, a clear liquid is obtained, which is a mixture of intestinal juice and hepatic bile - a portion of "C".
All bile portions can not always be obtained even in completely healthy people, because of the absence of a reflex when introducing an irritant. However, in some cases, duodenal sounding can be used in a five-phase method involving 5 phases of bile secretion.
Duodenal chromosomal probing
- Approximately twenty hours before the probing procedure, the patient is given a gelatin capsule of methylene blue. This is done two hours later( but not earlier) after a light dinner.
- Traditional duodenal sounding is performed in the morning. In this case, the bile is colored blue. This is because methylene blue is discolored when passing through into the hepatic bile through the blood. When entering the gallbladder, its color is restored again, staining the bile.
With this method, it is possible to accurately determine the number of gall bladder, as well as a number of other studies. This method of diagnosing the biliary tract is very effective.
Probably, also with the purpose of treatment of parasitosis introduction through the probe of antibiotics, when the duodenal sounding is carried out. The parasites are directly affected by the corresponding drugs.
In children, the technique and procedure for sounding are the same, taking into account age specificity.