Diet with polycystic ovaries. Causes, symptoms and treatment
Not all the representatives of the weaker sex imagine what polycystic ovary is. This insidious disease can cause the strongest changes in the female body. Experts recommend not only to conduct drug therapy for ailment, but also to adhere to a certain diet. What should be the diet for polycystic ovaries?
What is this ailment
First you need to understand what is polycystic ovary and what the consequences of the disease. This pathology often arises from the change in the level of hormones in the body of a woman. First of all, ovarian ovulation is disturbed. In case of polycystic disease, infertility often occurs. The most dangerous situation in those representatives of the weaker sex, in whom pathology struck both ovaries at once.
The very first sign of ailment is oily skin. In this case, acne and acne all over the body. Women with polycystic disease also have high fat content. The menstrual cycle in this disease is often confused and unstable. Many women rarely pay attention to these symptoms. In this case, the size of the ovaries can remain normal.
The main signs of the disease
The delay in menstruation can be from 1 to 6 months with polycystosis. In such cases, women suspect a pregnancy. However, the tests show a negative result. After visiting the gynecologist, everything becomes clear.
This pathology often occurs in young individuals. Everything starts from the first menstrual cycle. The main cause of the disease in girls is psychological trauma, stress, adverse environmental effects and so on. At a polycystosis in a female organism there are changes. Therefore, experts do not recommend starting ailment. First of all, the production of male hormones, androgens, is increased. This leads to hair growth on the legs, arms, back, face and even chest.
In addition, the size of the ovaries may change. This occurs when watery cysts occur. Identify this pathology is possible only with the help of ultrasound.
Diet for polycystic ovaries: advice of dieticians
Develop a diet should only be with the doctor in charge. First of all, it is necessary to include foods that have a sufficiently low glycemic index. With polycystic ovaries, the pancreas is severely affected, since a large number of androgens are produced in the woman's body. Often, such a pathology leads to diabetes or pancreatitis.
Nutritionists are advised to use the Montignac method. In this case, you can use products such as:
- Eggs, fish and lean meat.
- Cucumbers, mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, cauliflower, any onion, peppers, broccoli, herbs, and celery roots.
- Boiled carrots and lettuce.
- Strawberries, plums, cherries, kiwi, grapefruits.
- Pears, apples and oranges.
- Curd and yogurt, preferably low-fat.
- Peanuts, beans, barley, soy, pea dishes.
- Vermicelli, rice, preferably brown, rye bread. Lentils, rye and barley.
The diet for polycystic ovaries should be balanced. Nutritionists are advised to make a menu so that an equivalent ratio of slow carbohydrates and proteins is obtained. These components in the diet should be equally divided. Do not forget that slow carbohydrates are digested for a long time. And this, in turn, facilitates the splitting of further excess of fat accumulating in the subcutaneous tissue from the body.
How to eat
As you can see, polycystic ovary, the symptoms and causes of which are described above, does not immediately manifest itself. His therapy requires restrictions in nutrition, as well as drug treatment. Nutritionists recommend that in such pathologies go to products that have a glycemic index below 50. In addition, a woman should eat out in a fractional manner as follows:
- One hour after waking up, the first meal. Breakfast must be satisfying.
- Before lunch - the second breakfast. It should be easy.
- Lunch should consist of several dishes.
- There is a light snack between dinner and dinner.
- Dinner. Dishes should consist of products that are easily digested.
- About one hour before going to bed, it is recommended to drink juice, kefir or serum.
Some women eat every few hours, but in small portions. Thanks to such nutrition, as well as a competently chosen number of calories, the body receives the necessary amount of nutrients. In addition, the sugar level is at an acceptable level. Many representatives of the weaker sex gradually lose weight. Naturally, this only accelerates the process of recovery.
What are the limitations of
Polycystic ovary, the symptoms and causes of which have long been established, is an insidious disease that may not immediately manifest itself. Many women can not even suspect of it and use their usual food. Many dieticians are advised to refuse this pathology from any strict and long-term diets. Also, abstinence from eating is not desirable after 6 pm.
It is advisable to exclude from the diet those products that may contain traces of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Organic foods, such as meat and fish, should be used to the maximum. However, when choosing it is worth considering that many livestock complexes add to the diet a variety of hormones, and also injections of an antibiotic.
Some enterprises use different solutions for the processing of finished products. For example, meat or chicken is treated with chlorine, and fish - xenobiotics. In the composition of sausages a lot of cholesterol. Such products adversely affect the hormonal background of women. With polycystosis, such food is dangerous.
For this reason, experts recommend buying products from private sellers. In home meat is unlikely to contain hormones.
How to prepare products
The diet for polycystic ovaries prohibits the consumption of fats. This applies to products not only of animal, but also of plant origin. Meat and fish should be bought without obvious signs of fat. Cooking products should be steamed, by cooking or extinguishing. Do not forget that any vegetable oil is fat in its pure form.
When dieting, you should give up fried foods. It contains a large amount of cholesterol. It is this substance that is necessary for the production of androgens. Do not forget that cholesterol is produced by the liver. For this reason, it is worth noting fatty foods. Because of them, the number of androgens in the body of a woman with polycystic ovaries will only increase. In addition, you should give up smoking, alcohol and strong coffee.
List of Prohibited Products
The diet for polycystic ovaries requires compliance with all rules. First of all, you should know what you can eat, and what you should give up. Here is the list of prohibited products:
- Jam, sugar, waffles, donuts and other pastries.
- Bread, white bread, potatoes, millet, semolina.
- Watermelons, honey.
- White rice ground. This product contributes to diabetes.
- Smoked, fatty, dairy, meat and fish products, semi-finished products.
- Refined foods saturated with trans fats, as well as fast carbohydrates.
What to eat
Treatment of ovaries is a long process and requires patience. In polycystic use, foods containing large amounts of dietary fiber should be used. They allow you to quickly, effectively and at the same time gently remove from the body all the slag and toxins, harmful carcinogens and excess sex hormones. In addition, such products can stop the feeling of hunger, normalize the level of cholesterol and sugar in the blood. As a result, the woman begins to lose weight and gradually get rid of the disease.
A large number of dietary fiber is found in dried fruits, berries, vegetables and bran. As for dressings for different salads, experts recommend using instead of sunflower oil a product made of milk thistle, flax seeds, pumpkin, olives and sesame.
First blood group
So, how to eliminate polycystic ovary? Treatment, diet and special procedures allow you to quickly cure pathology. Diet, as a rule, is in accordance with the blood group. This method is the most effective. Those who are recommended to include the first group in the diet:
- Beef minced meat. One serving of these products should not exceed 180 grams. Beans, chicken, cabbage of all sorts, grains.
- Low-fat fish, seafood.
You should abandon ham and pork. Also it is necessary to limit the use of such products as skim milk, parmesan cheese, Swiss, cream cheese, processed cheese, pressed cottage cheese, whey, yogurt and ice cream.
Diet for the second blood group
The correct diet can speed up the healing process, even if a secondary polycystosis occurs. Those with the second blood group should:
- Exclude from the diet meat ducks and geese. These products are difficult to digest and contribute to the deposition of fat.
- You should eat baked dishes from turkey, rabbit and chicken.
- Include fish and seafood in the diet. An exception in this case is flounder, banded perch, catfish, herring in any form, crayfish, lobsters, squid, caviar, oysters and shrimp.
- It is advisable to consume fish from the family of salmon, whitefish, mackerel, yellow perch, carp and cod.
- You can eat dishes from legumes, pineapples, as well as vegetables in combination with vegetable oils. It is less likely to consume green peas.
- The diet should include dishes from corn mamaliga, millet and whole oats.
- Juices from celery, carrots, grapefruit, cherries, pineapple, plums and apricots will be useful.
- Instead of tea, you can drink beverages from hawthorn, ginseng, echinacea, alfalfa, valerian, milk thistle, chamomile, St. John's wort and dog rose.
- It is forbidden to eat tomatoes, various spices, vinegar of any kind, juice of oranges and tomato.
Third blood group and polycystosis
What is a diet for polycystic ovaries? The menu for those who have a third blood group should be made considering the following recommendations:
- The diet should include buckwheat porridge, wheat, corn, peanuts, green vegetables, eggs, low-fat products from milk.
- With this blood group, you should eat venison, rabbit and lamb meat, as well as lamb. However, it is necessary to exclude pheasant, turkey and beef.
- Fish and seafood should also be present in the diet. Black caviar, sea bass, sturgeon, flounder, herring, shark, smelt, tuna, carp are best.
- Cheeses, milk, yoghurts, cheese, butter, whey are useful.
- The diet should include horseradish, parsnips, sweet peppers, potatoes, eggplants, any kind of cabbage, oat bran, airy rice and millet.
- With regard to fruits and berries, with the third group of blood recommends eating melon, kiwi, lemons, various berries, plums, grapes, papayas, bananas, pineapples.
- Drinks should be varied. Of the juice can be used carrots, apple, cucumber, orange and cranberry. Drinks are allowed from rose hips and ginger.
- Exclude garnets, coconuts, Jerusalem artichokes, olives and tomatoes, processed cheese, ice cream, sweet and hot peppers, shellfish, crustaceans, ham, heart, goose and chicken meat, pork.
The fourth blood group
A common method that allows curing polycystic ovary is an operation. Therefore, it is necessary to adhere to certain requirements when drawing up a diet. For people with the fourth blood group:
- It is forbidden to eat chicken, quails, partridges, chickens, ducks, geese, beef, veal, venison, pork and bacon.
- It is necessary to exclude bananas, persimmons, coconuts, mangoes, pomegranates, oranges.
- It is allowed to eat tofu, pineapples, green vegetables, seafood, dairy products, mackerel, pike, salmon, cod, carp, squid, smelt, caviar and silver perch.
- Useful berries, prunes, watermelons and citrus, mayonnaise, mustard, curry, garlic, dill, saffron, thyme, nutmeg, paprika, cloves and bergamot.
- It is better to use herbal infusions as tea. On an empty stomach you can drink a glass of boiled water with lemon juice.
Observing all the recommendations, you can cure the polycystic ovaries without surgery and restore the lost functions of your body.