Elderberry herbaceous: medicinal properties, growing rules, application
The elderly grass is not only a decorative shrub that can decorate your garden. This is also useful berries, which are widely used for therapeutic and preventive purposes. We suggest you to find out why you need elder, planting and care for what kind of plant, as well as recipes for medicinal preparations and tinctures.
The elderberry is a perennial, reaching in height from 60 to 150 centimeters. Has straight branchy stems and odd-pinnate leaves. Flowering occurs in June-July. The flowers of elderberry black are very small and collected in white inflorescences. In the middle there are red stamens. Inflorescences rather large( up to 20 centimeters in diameter), rounded. In August-September, black berries ripen.
Planting and care
Elder grassy - unpretentious plant. She feels great in the shade, suffers from frosty winters, lends itself to figured pruning. The only requirement for a good harvest is drained soil. Therefore, it is always necessary to monitor the level of moisture at the landing site.
If the soil is poor in mineral substances, it is recommended to introduce fertilizers and fertilizing. The best time for this is the beginning of the growing season. Busin is resistant to pests and diseases. But there is a small risk of aphids and ticks.
Propagation of elderberry grassy takes place vegetatively and by cuttings. In the first method, the above-ground shoots, root offsprings, other parts of the bush, underground creeping rhizomes detach from the bush. In the case of cuttings, in June-July, from elderberry, cut branches from 8 to 12 cm in length.
Elderberry grassy - application of
This perennial is used as an ornamental plant for therapeutic purposes. Elderberry black flowers, berries, rhizome, leaves, bark, twigs - they all use to create various broths, infusions and preparations.
Perennial has unique healing properties. It can be combined with other plants, enhancing the positive effect on health. Berries can also be eaten unprocessed. However, it is necessary to observe precautions, because with an overabundance of them in the body can occur poisoning.
The healing properties of elderberry
There are two main directions in which elderine is used. The healing properties of this perennial are most evident if you use it as a diuretic or to reduce blood sugar. Therefore, various broths are recommended for use in diseases of the kidneys, ascites, diabetes.
Also, elderberry preparations can be used to treat constipation, obesity, back pain, gastritis and digestive disorders, colds. There are excellent folk recipes for the prevention of influenza and increased immunity.
Recipes for infusions and broths
- Infusion of elderberry and other plants from edema, polyarthritis and gout. Make a mixture of dried flowers of a vulgar tabloid( 10 grams), a root of grassy elderberry( 15 grams), bean leaves( 15 grams), ordinary sponges( 10 grams), field horsetail( 10 grams), blue cornflower( 10 grams)corn( 15 grams), leaves of ordinary bearberry( 15 grams) and birch buds( 15 grams).Pour four tablespoons of one liter of water and let it brew for twelve hours. Before use, you need to boil for five minutes and cool a little. Drink half a cup four times a day after half an hour after eating.
- With hemorrhoids. Make an infusion of eight leaves of herbaceous elder, one tablespoon of sage and one glass of boiling water. Let it stand for one hour and add another teaspoon of honey. Take half a glass a day for a month.
- For patients with joints, with gout, arthritis, neuralgia, paralysis. Boil the flowers of black elderberry and chamomile. Dampen the bandage in this decoction and apply a compress to the diseased parts of the body.
- For the treatment of sciatica. Let it brew for one hour in boiling water( 0.5 liters) of elderberry flowers( 1.5 tablespoons).Take tincture you need half the glass three to five times a day before eating. Term of treatment is ten days, then you need to take a break.
- With insomnia and headache. Take a decoction of the roots and flowers of black elderberry.
- With various gastric diseases and atherosclerosis. Make the broth from the bark and take it at night.
- When rashes on the skin. Make a decoction of bark, flowers and berries of black elderberry and take a bath in it.
For the prevention of colds and flu
Dry the black elderberry flowers and add them to tea to protect yourself from colds or as an aid to the flu. For three teaspoons of tea leaves, you need one teaspoon of flowers.
You can prepare syrup from elderberry for dessert. For this, the perennial berries are blanched and 1.4 kilograms of sugar is added to one liter of juice. The syrup should be cooked for a long time, so that it turns out thick. Use it for making sauces, jellies, as toppings for ice cream, pancakes, cakes.
For those who love homemade wine, also elderberry will be useful. The healing properties in the wine do not lose perennial berries, but the drink itself turns out to be very tasty.
Recipe for the preparation of wine:
- Take two liters of apple juice, ten liters of blackberry berries, one kilogram of sugar.
- Smash the berries.
- Add juice and sugar.
- All move and leave to wander for five to six days.
- Then strain the drink, wring out the juice and pour it all over the bottles. The container should be closed with a stopper and fixed with wire( following the example of champagne).
- The bottles are placed in a cold room( cellar, cellar).
Eating black elder is strictly forbidden for pregnant and lactating children, children under twelve. It is not recommended to drink broths and infusions from this perennial to people with impaired work of the gastrointestinal tract.
There is also a risk of getting poisoning if you use elderberry berries in excess of the volume specified in the recipes.