"Iodine monochlorous": instructions for use, features, analogues and reviews
In a world where there are so many bacteria and viruses, it is simply necessary to have a disinfectant. Next to humans are animals that are also susceptible to bacteria and infections. Only by following the rules of hygiene and disinfection of premises for animals and birds, you can protect yourself from various dangerous diseases. Next, let's talk about a drug such as "Iodine monochloride," which is used for this type of disinfection. We will find out what are the features of its use, what are the analogues of the drug, and also reviews about this tool.
What are the properties of
"Iodine monochloride" can be studied in the attached instructions. The drug has the following effects:
- Is an antiseptic.
- Has an antimicrobial effect.
- It is capable of destroying microbacteria of tuberculosis, various viruses and fungi.
- Active action against bacterial spores, anaerobic bacteria, eggs of a number of helminths, and against oocysts of coccidia.
"Iodine monochloride" is classified as highly hazardous substances( 2nd hazard class).
Composition and form of the preparation
The drug is available as a solution of orange-yellow color, a transparent consistency. Has a sharp smell of hydrochloric acid. When interacting with air, it starts to smoke. Can be mixed with water or any kind of alcohol in any ratio.
The main active substance: iodine monochlorous( 3%) and hydrochloric acid( 30%).Excipient: water( up to 100%).
Packed in glass bottles, bottles, polyethylene bottles, cans. Packing - from 100 grams to 50 kilograms.
For which the
"Iodine Odochloride" is used for the following purposes:
- For the treatment of ringworm in animals.
- For processing the udder of cows as an antiseptic.
- Aerosol air is processed in the premises of livestock and poultry farms in the absence of animals and birds.
- As a preventive measure and forced disinfection in the processing of livestock farms, poultry farms.
- Technological equipment.
- Animal care products.
- Helper objects.
- Refrigeration chambers.
- Egg shell.
Who should not use "Iodine Chloride"
The instruction indicates the categories of persons who should not use the drug. These include:
- People with increased sensitivity to the main active ingredient.
- Persons with allergic diseases.
- Women with babies and nursing mothers.
- Persons under 18 years of age.
As mentioned earlier, the drug is considered highly dangerous, so care should be taken when using it. But about this - a little later."Iodine monochloride" is widely used in the disinfection of poultry farms and in the treatment of ringworm, as well as other diseases. Consider its use in more detail.
Treatment with ringworm
Animal patients with ringworm should be treated with a 10% solution of "Iodochloride".
Some processing rules:
- Use a brush or a cotton-tampon swab.
- Treatment with mortar requires affected areas, as well as skin around.
- The solution must be rubbed as carefully as possible so that it penetrates into the hair follicles, under the thickness of the formed crusts.
- Each animal must be treated with a new swab.
- Brushes are washed under water and lowered into a solution of 10% "Iodine monochloride" for 10-15 minutes.
- Treatment should be carried out in a well-ventilated area or better still outdoors.
If you deprive fresh, just a few treatments will be enough. Between them - a gap of 20-30 minutes.
If treated with lichen, then treatment should be carried out 3-5 times a day for 3 days.
Disinfection of premises
For disinfection of premises use a solution of "Iodine of monochlorous" the necessary dosage in proportion to tap water. The solution is sprayed with special equipment.
The following detectors can be used: DUK-1, LSD-EP, UDP-M, DUK-1M, AVD-1 and other spraying equipment.
Disinfection "Odoric chloride iodine" of premises and technological equipment is carried out in the absence of animals.
After the room has been treated and the time required for the action of the main component of the preparation has passed, surfaces and equipment are washed with clean water. The room should be ventilated, until the smell of the drug is eroded, and dried. After all this, animals can be launched into the premises.
Dosage of iodine chloride solutions for preventive surface treatment:
- Metal surfaces, tiles, wall paint or whitened, glossy plastic and other smooth surfaces are treated with a 3% solution, with a disinfectant consumption of about 0,25-0.3 l / m2.Processing time is 3 hours.
- Brick, cement and porous surfaces, unpainted, wooden surfaces, canals for the removal of manure and manure and other rough surfaces are treated with a 5% solution. Processing time is 3 hours.
- Refrigeration chambers for preventive treatment against mold fungi treated with 10% solution. Processing time is 1 hour.
Forced current and final disinfection
Because it has antiseptic and sanifying properties "Iodine monochlorous", disinfection in the presence of poultry and animals is allowed.
If our younger brothers have infectious diseases of bacterial and viral etiology, which belong to the 2nd group for resistance to disinfectants, the treatment is carried out with the following drug solutions:
- Smooth surfaces - 3% solution.
- Rough - 5% solution. At the same time, the flow rate of the substance should be 0.5 l / m2 on all surfaces. The duration of exposure to the disinfectant should be between 3 and 6 hours.
If there is a negative air temperature in the room, a solution of the required concentration is applied in a fractional manner in 3 steps. When applying, some rules must be observed:
- The surface is treated with hot water( 70 degrees).
- You can replace hot water with a solution of table salt( 15-20%).
- Direct application of a solution of "Iodine monochlorous", the effect of which should be 3 hours.
Let's pay attention to disinfection of premises under certain dangerous diseases:
- Infectious atrophic rhinitis, erysipelas of pigs, foot-and-mouth disease viral, hepatitis of ducklings. At the current treatment, a 5% solution of the drug is used. The final treatment is carried out with the same solution twice, the flow rate should be 0.5 l / m2.The interval between treatments is 1 hour. The duration of exposure to the disinfectant solution after the second treatment is 3 hours.
- African swine fever. A solution of 3% is applied once, an approximate quantity for processing is 0.5 l / m2.The duration of exposure is 3 hours.
- Parascaridosis of horses and ascaridosis of pigs. Processing is 5% solution of "Iodine monochlorous", while it must be heated to 70 degrees. The duration of exposure is 1 hour.
- Infectious enterotoximia and sheep bratzoth, tuberculosis of birds and animals.10% solution of "Iodine monochlorous" is heated to 45-50 degrees. The mixture is treated twice, the interval being 1 hour. The exposure time in all cases is 6 hours.
- Coccidiosis of rabbits and birds. The treatment of the henhouse with "iodine monochloride" is carried out in the presence of a bird. Use a 10% solution, which is heated to 70 degrees. Process once. The duration of exposure is 5 hours.
- Strontylatosis and strongyloidiasis.3% solution is heated to 70 degrees. The consumption is 1 l / m2.Exposition - 1 hour.
- Respiratory mycoplasmosis of birds, salmonellosis. Use a 3% solution of the disinfectant. The exposure time of the disinfectant is 1 hour.
Treat the eggs as follows: immerse in a 4% aqueous solution of the disinfectant for 15 minutes. Then they are dried in air.
The udders of the cows are treated after milking with a 0.5% solution or 10% solution with "Triethylene glycol".The solution is applied to the nipples of the udder using a spray or a glass.
Special feature for machining metal surfaces
In order not to expose the metal equipment to corrosive effects, it is treated separately from the rest of the surfaces."Iodine monochlorous" is diluted in "Triethylene glycol" in a ratio of 1: 9.This remedy is allowed to use when a 10% solution of the drug is recommended.
If a 5% solution is required, the metal surfaces are treated with a 50% composition. The iodine solution is diluted with water 50:50.
If a 3% solution is required, a 30% aqueous solution of 30:70 is used to treat the metal surfaces.
Aerosol treatment of premises
Aerosol treatment of premises is performed for respiratory diseases in animals. It is of two kinds:
- An aqueous 30% disinfectant is prepared. Used aerosol vehicles, previously indicated their brands, produce 10-12 sprays. Repeat the procedure for several days. After each spraying, the time is maintained for 20-35 minutes. Spraying is carried out with the windows and doors closed and the ventilation is switched off.
- A container of glass or enamelled packaging with a capacity of at least 2-3 liters is used and placed at a height of 1-1.5 m approximately at the same distance from each other. Then fill them with "Iodine monochlorous", into which aluminum is then lowered. The ratio should be as follows: per 1 liter of solution - 50 grams of aluminum. The exothermic process begins in 1-2 minutes and lasts 5-10 minutes. The reaction time is as follows:
- Aluminum purity.
- Solution temperature.
To avoid too violent reaction and for more complete isolation of iodine, the use of "Iodine monochloride" with "Triethylene glycol" in the ratio 1: 9 is allowed.
You can spray "iodine monochloride" with aluminum in the presence of a bird, but at the same time reduce the exposure time.
The duration of exposure to a disinfectant is at least half an hour. At this time, the room is tightly closed, and the ventilation is switched off.
Room treatment is carried out in pairs 3-4 times. The interval between treatments is 3 days.
Features of using
Since this disinfectant is a highly hazardous substance, personal safety measures must be observed when working with it:
- Use personal protective equipment:
- Bathrobe or cotton suit.
- Rubberized apron.
- Rubber boots.
- Rubber gloves.
- Safety glasses.
2. It is necessary to protect the respiratory system. For this use:
- Industrial gas mask with filter cartridge of the brand A.
- Respirators RPG-67A, RU-60M-A.
- Sealed glasses PO-2, PO-3.
3. Do not drink, smoke, or eat while you are working.
4. Upon completion of work, wash your hands with soap, rinse your mouth, wash your face.
If the substance gets on the skin, it may result in burns.
Prolonged exposure to vapors may have the following effects:
- Blurred cornea of the eyes.
- Qatar upper respiratory tract.
- Severe irritation of the upper respiratory tract.
- Education ulcers.
Long-term treatment of the room is carried out in the absence of maintenance personnel and animals. The used packaging for disinfecting solution is to be disposed of. Livestock products during and after treatment can be used.
Analogs of the preparation
A distinctive feature of preparations based on iodine is the lack of resistance to all microorganisms.
Has "Iodine monochloride" analogs, that is, drugs that are similar in their effect and composition:
- "Iodotriethylene glycol".
All these medicines contain iodine and are used for disinfection of premises.
The drug "Iodine monochlorous" is very popular among breeders of birds and animals. So, people note its effectiveness in both preventive and therapeutic purposes. For example, when cleaning after parrots in large rooms, in chicken coops this agent is widely used with aluminum. The convenience is noted that it can be used in the presence of animals and birds, the preparation is easy to use. It is also noted that the price for "Iodine Chloride" is more affordable than for other similar products( 370 rubles per 500 ml).
If the remedy is used for the first time, it is better to get a consultation from a veterinarian so as not to harm yourself and your pets, or to carefully study the instructions for use.