"Lizinopril" - from what these pills? Instructions for use, analogues, reviews
The most common disease in the adult population is hypertension. The causes of hypertension are very diverse. At such times a person feels headaches, a feeling of fatigue, maybe nausea or vomiting. Fighting such a state is vitally important. After all, the consequences of high blood pressure are a stroke, a heart attack. Therefore, together with the elimination of causes, it is necessary to use drugs that lower blood pressure. One of these drugs is Lizinopril. What are these tablets from? How they are used, how they work, and also what are the analogues of this drug, we will consider further.
In what form is Lizinopril produced?
In what form is Lizinopril produced? The form of release - tablets. They are flat, round, with a risk on one side. Depending on how much the active substance of lisinopril dihydrate is contained, the tablets have a different color:
- Dark orange-active substance 2.5 mg.
- Orange color - 5 mg.
- Pink color - 10 mg.
- White color - 20 mg.
Auxiliary components are as follows:
- lactose monohydrate;
- corn starch;
- methylene chloride;
- magnesium stearate;
How does "lisinopril" work on the body?
The medicinal preparation "Lisinopril" has the following effect:
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Is able to narrow the vessels.
- Prevents heart remodeling processes.
- Prevents development of ischemia.
- Increases the excretion of sodium ions from the body.
The active substance of lisinopril dihydrate inhibits the process of angiotensin-1 transition into angiotensin 2, which helps to reduce the formation of the aldosterone hormone. The process of biosynthesis of prostaglandins is also stimulated.
The drug should be administered after 1 hour. After 6-7 hours the drug is maximized. With the regular administration of the drug "Lizinopril" the curative effect will be visible after a few days. A persistent positive effect will be achieved if taken at least two months.
For the preparation "Lisinopril"( tablets), the instruction for use indicates that not more than 60% of the drug substance is absorbed in the digestive tract. The biological availability of the active substance is 25%.Half-life is an average of 12 hours.
To whom is Lisinopril prescribed?
Tablets "Lisinopril" indications for use have the following:
- Increased blood pressure.
- Heart problems.
- Early stage of development of myocardial infarction.
- Diabetic nephropathy.
Tablets from the pressure of "Lizinopril" are more effective in combination therapy and preventive measures. In combination with antihypertensive agents, we can achieve good and lasting results
We found out the composition of the drug "Lisinopril", from which these pills and to whom they are prescribed. Of course, the drug of this action has contraindications to use.
Who should not use "Lisinopril"?
Who should not take Lysinopril( tablets)? Instructions for use indicate the following diagnosed diseases:
- Special sensitivity, intolerance of the components of the drug.
- Angioedema or idiopathic edema.
- Intolerance to ACE inhibitors.
Lizinopril should not be used for patients younger than 18.
Especially cautious the tablets from the pressure of elevated "lisinopril" should be taken:
- for the elderly;
- for patients with sugardiabetes;
- with ischemic heart disease;
- in the presence of systemic diseases;
- if there are kidney diseases;
- with insufficient cerebral circulation;
- in the presence of heart failure in chronic form.
How to take Lizinopril tablets?
It is necessary to take lisinopril once a day. It is recommended to do this at the beginning of the day. Drink plenty of fluids.
If you are taking lisinopril tablets( indications for use are described above), the recommended scheme is as follows:
- For the treatment of diabetic nephropathy, the initial dosage should be the minimum dosage of those that have "lisinopril"( tablets).10 mg per day - the best option. Further it is possible to increase the dose to 20 mg.
- In the case of essential hypertension, the initial dose is 10 mg. For maintenance therapy, 20 mg, and the maximum is 40 mg. It should be borne in mind that a stable effect will be observed after 1-2 months. If the patient takes diuretics, they should be canceled 2-3 days before the start of the course with Lisinopril.
- For chronic heart failure, use "Lisinopril" tablets. The application begins with a dose of 2.5 mg and gradually increases for 3-5 days to a maintenance dose of 5-10 mg per day. In this case, the dosage of the diuretic should be reduced.
- Renovascular hypertension is treated with an initial dose of 2.5-5 mg per day. At the same time, it is necessary to keep blood pressure, kidney function under control. Given these indicators, it is necessary to choose a maintenance dose of the drug.
Possible side effects of
In any case, it is necessary to take carefully tablets "Lizinopril".The instruction indicates the occurrence of possible side effects:
- headaches, dizziness;
- nausea, diarrhea;
- fast fatigue;
- dry cough.
Very rarely observed such side effects of the drug:
- Drowsiness, confusion.
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, bronchospasm.
- Sudden decrease in blood pressure.
- Increased sweating.
- Pain in muscles, tremors, convulsions. Excessive hair loss.
- Increased sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation.
- Allergic reactions.
- Change in blood counts.
Before using this product, consult a doctor. He will choose the right dosage. This will help reduce the risks of side effects.
Use of "LISINOPRIL" for children and pregnant women
Tablets from the pressure of "Lizinopril" are not used to treat children and adolescents who are under the age of 18 years. Because their influence on the children's body is not fully understood.
Pregnant women are not prescribed lisinopril during lactation. Since the drug may affect the development of the fetus, death is possible. During lactation it is assumed that the drug can penetrate into breast milk.
"Lisinopril" and alcohol
It should be noted that if you take "Lysinopril", you should completely eliminate the use of drinks that contain ethyl alcohol."Lizinopril" increases the toxic effect of alcohol.
Special instructions for the use of "Lisinopril"
There are some special features when taking the drug "Lizinopril".
During the therapy, it is necessary to regularly monitor the functioning of the kidneys. It is necessary to compensate for the loss of fluid and salts before taking the drug.
Excessive moisture loss after taking diuretics, salt-free diets or vomiting can cause arterial hypotension. Particular attention should be given to patients who have impaired renal function, and there is stenosis of the renal artery, severe congestive heart failure.
Lizinopril should not be taken with cardiogenic shock and acute myocardial infarction.
If treatment with lisinopril causes angioedema, treatment should be discontinued and patient monitoring established.
It is necessary to be cautious in the treatment of elderly patients, since very often they are intolerant of "lisinopril".
When taking the drug it is not necessary to exercise intensively in hot weather, it can contribute to a sharp drop in blood pressure.
If side effects occur in the form of dizziness, blocking or worsening of concentration, then you should refuse to control the transport and from work that requires increased attention.
Lizinopril-ratiofarm tablets are absorbed in their own way. The instruction notes that the active substance is not biotransformed in the liver, so it can be prescribed to patients with impaired liver function.
How does "lisinopril" interact with other drugs?
Consider how "Lizinopril" works simultaneously with several drugs:
- Co-administration with oral hypoglycemic and insulin can promote the development of hypoglycemia.
- With the simultaneous use of the drug with lithium carbonate, intoxication of the body with lithium is increased.
- The therapeutic effect of lisinopril is reduced by joint admission with adrenomimetics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Salicylic acid enhances its neurotoxic effect.
- Contraceptive medications are becoming less effective.
- Diuretic potassium-sparing agents together with "lisinopril" can cause the development of hyperkalemia.
- Simultaneous use of ACE inhibitors and NSAIDs increases the risk of impaired renal function.
- "Lysinopril" in combination with cardiac glycosides can enhance the side effects of these drugs.
Preparations of gold in combination with "Lisinopril" can lead to facial hyperemia, lowering blood pressure, vomiting and nausea.
Symptoms of Lisinopril Overdose
If you are taking Lisinopril, which of these tablets you need to know and follow the recommended dosage.
In case of an overdose, the following symptoms are observed:
- severe fatigue;
- dry mouth;
- arterial blood pressure drops strongly;
- urination disorder;
- tachycardia, bradycardia;
In such cases, symptomatic therapy is used. It is possible to prescribe intravenously saline solution, the use of hemodialysis. When angioedema appears, antihistamines are used. With persistent bradycardia, electrostimulation is performed.
In case of using the drug "Lizinopril" it is necessary to keep under control the performance of vital organs, as well as the concentration of serum electrolytes and keratin.
Analogues of the drug "LISINOPRIL"
If you can not find the tablets "Lisinopril" in the pharmacy, the analogues of the drug will help you replace it. These drugs have almost the same composition with the same active substance.
These are such preparations as:
- Lizinopril Hexl;
Before buying an analogue of the drug, consult a doctor. And also specify which dosage of the analogue you need to use.
Reviews about the drug "LISINOPRIL"
Tablets from the pressure "Lizinopril" reviews are very different. Patients are noted that the decrease in blood pressure occurs gradually, without sudden changes. Many are satisfied that they could not pick up the drug for a long time from high blood pressure, and only after the appointment of Lysinopril it came back to normal.
Many patients note the absence of side effects even after a long course of therapy. Arterial pressure remains within normal limits, even if taken once a day.
Lizinopril tablets also receive feedback about side effects. Most often, patients notice the appearance of dry cough, if the drug has to take several months.
There is also a category of patients to whom the drug "Linsinopril" did not fit. But these are much fewer than those to whom this medicine helped to feel better.
It should be noted that drugs to lower blood pressure should be taken strictly after consulting a doctor. It is not always possible to find the active drug the first time. But only by selecting with a doctor, keeping your health under control and watching how your body reacts to a new drug, you can find the most effective medicine. It is in this case that you will be able to choose the optimal treatment regimen and a medication that will not harm your body.
If you have been prescribed the drug "Lizinopril", from which these pills and how you should take them, should explain only the doctor, and before use, be sure to read the instructions. Self-treatment with increased pressure will not lead to anything good. Observe the recommendations of specialists and be healthy.