"Athenitor"( everolimus): price, analogues. Where is it cheaper to buy an Athlete?
The antitumour agent "Athenitor", the instruction to which will be offered to your attention further in the article, is produced by the well-known firm "Novartis"( Switzerland).
Its main active substance is everolimus, which is an selective inhibitor of serine-threonine kinase. The activity of the latter increases with the development of many oncological pathologies of man. Everolimus binds to intracellular proteins, thereby inhibiting their synthesis and signaling, in addition, it reduces the growth of the endothelium of vessels that feed the tumor. Due to this development of the latter slows down, and even stops altogether.
Studies have shown that, due to the use of the drug containing everolimus, in 67% of patients with renal cell carcinoma the risk of disease progression decreased and life expectancy increased.
Where you can buy the generic drug "Athenitor"
It's no secret that buying the necessary medicines today is a big problem because of their high cost. So, in Moscow for the drug "Afinantor" the price is 173 000 rubles.for 30 tablets. But for the period of treatment the patient will need more than one package! In this case, generic drugs will come to the rescue - licensed preparations that have the same active substance, but which cost several times cheaper.
The cheapness of these medicines is explained by the fact that the firm that bought the license for their production does not spend money on development, testing and advertising. And this means that it can pay off with a much lower retail price.
On the site
Indications for use
We are warning that the instruction for use proposed in the article on the tablets "Afinitor" applies equally to their Indian counterpart. The remedy should only be prescribed by a specialist. It is shown to certain groups of patients:
- having neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas, lung and GIT;
- with renal cell carcinoma( in the absence of the expected effect from the use of anti-angiogenic drugs);
- for hormone-dependent breast cancer in postmenopausal women( in combination with aramatase inhibitor);
- with subependimal astrocytoma in children after 3 years;
- with angiomyolipoma of the kidney and tuberous sclerosis.
Tablets are taken once a day( preferably in the morning).Swallow them completely, without chewing, and wash down with a lot of water. Treatment, as a rule, lasts as long as there is a clinical effect. The average dose of the drug "Athenator" is 10 mg, but in the presence of pronounced side effects, it is reduced to 5 mg.
Adverse effects of
The reception of the "Afinitor" tablets, which are provided in our article, often causes unwanted side effects:
- sleep disorders;
- edema of eyelids and conjunctivitis;
- increase in blood pressure;
- shortness of breath, cough, nosebleeds;
- diarrhea, lack of appetite, dry mouth and abdominal pain;
- appearance of syps and itching;
- weight loss and dehydration;
- development of edema;
- increase in blood cholesterol levels.
In view of the listed problems that may occur during treatment with the drug, its administration and monitoring of the patient's condition should be performed only by a specialist.
Tablets "Afinitor" are not shown to everyone. So, their appointment is not allowed:
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- under the age of 18;
- in case of application of inducers CYP3A4.
In addition, one should be careful with the appointment of the agent "Afinitor" before surgery, as it can slow the healing of wounds. In the course of treatment and within 2 months after it, patients with intimacy should be protected from the onset of pregnancy.