"Formoterol": instructions for use, analogs, form of release, testimonials
Problems with the lungs - this is not a joke. They not only cause discomfort, worsen well-being, but can provoke various complications. For example, asthma can even lead to death. The preparation "Formoterol", the instruction on which application will be presented below, is just intended for treatment of pathologies of the respiratory system. However, note that it is used to combat a narrow range of diseases.
Features of the drug
The agent is a blocker of beta-adrenergic receptors, that is, it can expand bronchial lumens. In doing so, it significantly slows the release of leukotriens and histamine from the lung tissue. The main active substance is fumartate dihydrate.
The drug is effective after 5 minutes, and its maximum effect is achieved after 2 hours. If the bronchial patency is broken, then the drug can maintain its effectiveness for about 10 hours. This makes it possible to alleviate the patient's condition for a long time.
A significant part of the product after inhalation enters the stomach. There, the components are absorbed. The half-life of the drug is approximately 13 hours. Its components accumulate and are metabolized in the liver. The drug is excreted in the urine. Its bioavailability is more than 40%.And with blood plasma, it binds to 68%.
The most basic document that you should read before using Formoterol is the instructions for use. The form of the preparation is not one, there are several of them: capsules with powder, dosed powder in a bottle, aerosol dosed. Regardless of which one you purchased, the medicine is used only for inhalations. Sold in a cardboard box.
What indications for use exist?
If you have already used Formotherol, the instructions for use( synonyms of the drug, we'll discuss later) indicate a rather narrow range of uses. It is possible to single out such indications for use:
- Treatment and prevention of sharp narrowing of bronchial lumens - spasm.
- Asthma. In this case, the drug is not essential, but is used only to support the body.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Pulmonary emphysema.
- Allergic bronchial spasm. The fact is that the drug is able to inhibit the release of histamine.
- Obstructive inflammation of the upper respiratory tract, which is accompanied by a violation of air patency in them.
When is the drug not taken?
Not everyone can take Formorol. Instructions for use indicate such contraindications:
- Too high sensitivity to the main or additional components of the drug, which can lead to deterioration.
- Excessive production of thyroid hormones - thyrotoxicosis.
- Steady rise in blood pressure.
- Pregnancy and the period of feeding. The fact is that there have not been any studies in this field. That is, it is not known whether the main component will be excreted with milk. Therefore, if the drug still needs to be taken, then it is better to stop feeding. As for pregnancy, then everything is decided by the doctor in charge.
- Heart rhythm disorder: arrhythmia, tachycardia.
- Ischemic heart disease. The interaction of certain drugs can lead to problems in the operation of the ventricles.
- Age under 5 years. For young children, the drug is very heavy.
Possible side effects of
"Formoterol"( the instructions for use are in each package) can provoke some unwanted reactions, although their likelihood is low when observing the rules for taking the drug. There may be such side effects:
- From the side of the nervous system: pain and twisting in the head, tremors, cramps, sleep disturbance, nervousness, increased anxiety.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: frequent or irregular heartbeat rhythm, angina, persistent decrease or increase in blood pressure.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: nausea and vomiting, dryness of the oral mucosa, abdominal pain, gastroenteritis( inflammation of the stomach), indigestion( difficulty digestion, which can be accompanied by pain syndrome).
- On the part of the respiratory system: infectious diseases of the bronchi, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, exacerbation of asthma, voice disturbance.
- Other: chest pain, allergic reaction in the form of rash, itching, anaphylactic shock.
Features of the drug
If you need to take Formotherol, the instructions for use tell you about such dosages:
- In bronchial asthma, you need to do inhalation every 12 hours at 12 mcg. Only 1-2 breaths are enough. Thus, the body is supported. If the attack can be provoked by physical exertion, it is better to take the drug 15 minutes before the start of the proposed work, and the dosage is the same.
- For support in obstructive pulmonary disease, inhalation should be given twice daily for 12 μg.
It should be taken into account that it is possible to apply the presented medicine no more often than once every 12 hours. That is, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 24 mcg. The product is intended for inhalation only. If the doctor prescribed Formotrol, the instructions for use( aerosol is most often used), prohibits taking it intravenously, intramuscularly, orally.
If an overdose of
occurred Do you have to take Formotherol? Instructions for use( prescription drug can be bought at the pharmacy only by special permission of the doctor) is not in the box for nothing. It clearly indicates the dosage of the drug. But if for some reason you violated these instructions, an overdose may occur. It is determined by such signs: tachycardia, dry mouth, pain in the head, nausea. If you do not correct the situation in time, then even a lethal outcome is possible.
In case of overdose, promptly call an ambulance. Treatment should be symptomatic. In this case, the further use of the medicine ceases. During treatment, it is necessary to monitor the work of the heart with the help of electrocardiography. During the recovery period after an overdose, the patient should be under the constant supervision of specialists.
Features of drug interaction with other medications
Do you take Formotherol? Instructions for use( analogues have a similar composition) contains information on the features of its combination with other drugs. For example, caution should be observed when using it simultaneously with adrenergic agents.
A pathological decrease in the level of potassium in the body can trigger a combination of Formoterol with diuretics, steroids, and xanthine derivatives. However, the potassium is not a constant state. And any external replenishment of the amount of this element in the body is not required.
Avoid taking this medication with tricyclic antidepressants. Combination of this with beta-blockers leads to mutual blocking of the action of these drugs. That is, they will not benefit from it, but the harm can be serious.
Joint reception with such drugs as "Quinidine", "Dizopiramid" can be dangerous, as it provokes the development of cardiac ventricular arrhythmias. If there is a cardiac reaction to the drug, then it must be urgently canceled.
"Formoterol"( the instruction is already known to you) has some features of application:
- Do not use this medication to resolve an asthma attack. There are other means for this. If "Formoterol" is needed, the instructions for use( reviews about it are mostly good) suggests that it is only an addition to the main therapy. If during the treatment you feel that the condition worsens, then you should immediately contact a doctor.
- Do not take this medication instead of corticosteroids."Formoterol" does not have a pronounced anti-inflammatory function. In this case, the use of corticosteroids should be continued without reducing the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Very carefully it is necessary to treat a remedy for women who have uterine fibroids diagnosed, as well as people with diabetes mellitus.
- It should not be immediately after the reception to get behind the wheel or engage in activities that require increased attention.
- Do not use during birth. The fact is that the main active substance can adversely affect uterine contraction.
Analogues and storage characteristics of
Most often, patients prefer an inhaler that contains 100 single-use doses. Store the product in a cool and dark place, but it is undesirable to freeze it. Direct sunlight should not fall on the bottle. Do not place the medicine near a heat source.
If this drug does not suit you, you can consult a doctor about the analogues. Among them can be identified such: "Atimos", "Oxis", "Foradil", "Bronchoril", "Shadrin".Please note that you can not buy and take any other medicines yourself.
Reviews and expiration date
As for the reviews, users note a good, fast and lasting effect. However, the presented medicine has a rather high cost: 1300-1600 rub. This is not affordable for all patients. Also, reviews report that after the withdrawal of the preparation of a violent spasmodic reaction bronchus is not noted.
The shelf life of the drug is 2 years. However, after you open the inhaler, you can discard it after 4 months. Eliminate any possibility of getting the drug into the hands of children. After use, the vial lid should be tightly closed.
That's all. Remember that self-treatment is fraught with a lethal outcome. Be healthy!