Automatic devices for CIPAP
Snoring in a dream is an alarming symptom that most people ignore. In most cases, it serves as a sign of obstructive sleep apnea. In fact, these are short-term stops of breathing. Ignoring this condition is fraught with serious consequences for the body. To solve the problem, CPAP devices were created( CPAP is an abbreviation that literally means "constant positive air pressure").Thanks to them, sleep becomes full and the risk of various diseases is significantly reduced.
CIPAP therapy: the concept of
This method of treatment was developed by Australian physician K. Sullivan in 1981.In practice, immediately began to apply the first CIPAP-devices, whose task was to create a constant positive pressure in the respiratory system.
Currently, this type of therapy is still relevant. This is a unique way to prevent stopping breathing in a dream, thus ensuring a full night's rest.
The devices of CIPAP have the following operating principle: the patient puts on the mask, which is connected to the
Judging by the reviews, the devices of CIPAP help to get rid of snoring and normalize the night sleep in a short time.
It is necessary to consult the attending physician or somnologist with the appearance of the following signs indicating apnea:
- short-term respiratory arrest( about 10 seconds), after which there are noisy sharp sighs, indicating its recovery;
- a cyanotic shade of the skin of the lips and limbs in the sleeper.
If you observe a person, you can notice that the chest during breathing stops continues to move, trying to take a breath.
After a morning awakening, the patient is almost always observed:
- drowsiness throughout the day;
- lethargy, apathy;
- is a bad mood;
- reduced level of operability.
These symptoms should not be ignored, because gross sleep disturbances can lead to a person being "disconnected" while driving a car, eating, talking on the phone, etc.
In the presence of the above signs, the patient is sent for a thorough examination in the somnologicalCentre. Upon detection of mild apnea, surgical intervention is shown, in the course of which soft tissues that prevent air entering the respiratory tract during night rest are excised.
In case of moderate to severe illness, therapy is prescribed by CIPAP, the devices for which provide artificial ventilation in the sleep. At a neglected stage, surgery is not performed for a number of reasons.
In almost 100% of cases in people with apnea, the CIPAP device eliminates breathing stops, restoring a full rest and ensuring a high level of performance throughout the day.
In addition, this method of therapy can be prescribed when:
- memory deterioration;
- psychoemotional disorders;
- pathologies of the cardiovascular system( rhythm and conduction disorders, arterial hypertension, stroke, ischemia).
These indications are generally accepted. They are included in the clinical guidelines developed in 1999.
Unlike other therapeutic devices, CIPAP devices do not have restrictions on their use. Nevertheless, the rationale for prescribing therapy should only be determined by a physician.
The device is used with caution and constant monitoring by the therapist or somnologist if the patient suffers from:
- severe respiratory or heart failure;
- infectious eye diseases;
- too low blood pressure;
- of bullous pulmonary disease;
- frequent nasal bleeding;
- sinusitis prone to relapse;
In addition, treatment with the help of the device CIPAP is appointed with caution, if in the past the patient underwent surgery on the brain, pituitary, middle or inner ear, and also if there is an
- emphysema of the mediastinum in the anamnesis;
- leakage of cerebrospinal fluid;
- diseases associated with abnormal accumulation of air in the lungs and skull.
From what type of apparatus will be used, the timing of treatment depends directly.
To date, three types of instruments are being implemented:
- III - standard devices that perform only basic functions. This class of equipment is considered to be the most inefficient and has significant drawbacks. They are associated with the fact that during the inhalation the pressure increases, and during the exhalation - decreases, which can not but affect the dynamics of breathing. In addition, if at the same time there is a leakage of air from under the mask, treatment at all becomes ineffective.
- II - devices with the function of compensation of medical pressure. They eliminated the shortcomings of the equipment of the previous generation. In all the devices of this class is built a special sensor that continuously records the level of pressure in the tube. If it starts to fall, the engine speed increases, if it increases - decrease. Thanks to this function, the same pressure is maintained at all times. Thus, the devices of this class are adjusted to the rhythm of the breathing of a particular patient.
- I - automatic COAP-devices with memory function. The most perfect devices, which in the process of treatment select the optimum level of pressure. In addition, the device "remembers" all recorded data regarding the patient's night sleep for the last 365 days, which helps the doctor to track the dynamics. But equipment of this class has a significant drawback - automatic pressure adjustment can be done incorrectly, if, for example, air leakage occurs from the mask or the patient suffers from nasal obstruction.
How to use the CIPAP device?
The patient does not need to adjust the device himself - this is done by the doctor. The first procedure is always carried out in a specialized center, during which polysomnography is conducted. This is a diagnostic method that allows you to evaluate the functioning of the body during sleep and to identify the cause of its violation. According to the results of the study, the doctor adjusts the equipment, the patient receives recommendations for treatment and all subsequent sessions are conducted at home.
Patient before going to sleep, it is enough to put on a mask and connect the device to the network. The best option is one in which the patient uses the device every night. The best time is the first 4-5 hours after falling asleep. At the end of this time, sleep becomes superficial and external stimuli can interfere with rest. The standard recommendation is to use the device in 70% or more nights, continuously for four hours. When it is observed, the devices from snoring and stopping breathing are relieved in the very shortest possible time.
Side effects of
At the very beginning of treatment, patients experience discomfort associated with device noise, unusual sensations in the nasopharynx, etc. If it does not pass for a long time, the patient gets a different mask, pressure level or even apparatus.
At the beginning of therapy, the following side effects may also occur:
- Skin irritation on the face.
- Dry mucous membrane in the nasal passages and oral cavity.
- Eye irritation of the conjunctiva.
- Increased secretion from the nose.
These disorders are not an obstacle to treatment, in most cases they pass by themselves when changing the mask and using the function of air humidification. The likelihood of serious complications is extremely small.
Duration of therapy
It is important to understand that the SIAP devices do not directly treat obstructive apnea. When they are used, the airway decreases due to the fact that they become wider. As a result, almost immediately after the start of therapy, snoring disappears and a full night sleep is restored. But if it is canceled, after a few days the symptoms of apnea return.
Thus, the duration of treatment depends on how quickly it will be possible to eliminate the cause of the disease. For example, if apnea is a consequence of obesity, then a decrease in body weight, even by 10%, halves the severity of symptoms. There are cases when getting rid of excess weight led to complete recovery and patients no longer needed to sleep in a mask.
The devices of CIPAP, regardless of class and manufacturer, are very expensive. Nevertheless, their price fully justifies itself, especially if the patient has to use the device for several years or even all his life.
For comparison: the automatic device CIPAP Weinmann( Germany) with a humidifier costs about 78 thousand rubles, and the standard device of Chinese production - from 22 to 40 thousand rubles. But in the latter case, the kit is rarely equipped with a mask and a moisturizer, in connection with which the patient will need to purchase them. Instruments of American production will cost about 57-70 thousand rubles.
Apparatus for snoring from SRAP as quickly as possible. Already after several night sessions, most people note that during the whole of the following day, cheerfulness and a good level of efficiency remain. Judging by the responses of the attending physicians, the patients have a positive dynamics in the state of health, especially of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Snoring and nocturnal breathing stops are signs that can not be ignored. As a rule, they are symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea. If the diagnosis is confirmed after the examination in the somnological center, the patient may be assigned to CIPAP therapy. The duration of treatment depends on how quickly the cause of the disease is identified and eliminated.