From what does barley appear on your eyes? Causes and Treatment
From what does barley appear on your eyes? This question is asked by many people who regularly face such a problem. The causes of the appearance of barley will be indicated below. Also, you will learn how to properly treat this disease using simple and affordable methods.
The human visual organs have a rather complex structure. Very often they are attacked by various viruses and bacteria.
The most common problem faced by human eyes is barley. Such a disease does not represent a threat to the life of the patient, but it still needs to be treated. In addition, in order to avoid frequent relapses, it is necessary to find out the cause of this illness and act directly on it.
What is barley?
Before you tell us about what is emerging from barley, you should tell us what the disease is.
Barley is a purulent inflammation of the sebaceous gland or hair follicle of the eyelash. This disease begins to develop with local redness, as well as a small swelling in the area of one or several eyelashes. The inflammatory focus appears suddenly and is expressed by a marked pain. Approximately on the third day after the onset of the disease, the apex of the inflamed part acquires a yellow color or a so-called head. On the 4th day this abscess is opened, and the pus is poured. In this previously disturbing pain gradually subsides.
If the inflammation occurs in the area of the external angle of the optic, the patient experiences severe swelling. This is due to a violation of lymph circulation.
So what does barley appear on? Experts argue that this disease is a sign of a deficit in the human immune system. To be engaged in its or his treatment the oculist or the ophthalmologist should.
Causes of development of
Why does barley appear on the eye? The answer to this question is unequivocally impossible, since there are a lot of reasons for the development of such a disease. Let's consider the main ones right now.
- From what does barley appear on your eyes? Most often, such a disease is a consequence or complication of other diseases of the visual organs or eyelids. Therefore, experts recommend that you regularly contact the oculists and take all necessary examinations.
- Non-observance of the banal rules of personal hygiene. The question of why barley often appears on the eye is often asked by people who constantly scratch or touch their faces( and the eyes, in particular) with dirty hands. As a result of such actions, the skin of the eyelids is damaged quite quickly, and through it various viruses and bacteria easily penetrate, which, in fact, cause inflammation.
- Colds and hypothermia( especially frequent and severe) can also cause barley on the eye.
- Few people know, but this ailment can arise due to digestive problems, as well as digestive tract diseases.
- Barley on the eye is very often inflamed in those who have recently suffered a serious illness and is now in a period of rehabilitation and recovery after a long treatment.
- Constant nervous tension and frequent stress also contribute to the development of the inflammatory process on the eyelids.
- Barley can be formed due to the negative influence of the environment, including because of urban smog, dust, smoke, harmful fumes and other.
- Disturbed metabolism, as well as related diseases, have a negative impact on human immunity and can easily disrupt its functioning, which is the reason for the formation of barley.
- This disease often occurs in patients with diabetes mellitus.
Main symptoms of
How does barley appear on the eye? Symptoms of this disease can not be noticed. First, the patient has pain in the eye area, as well as headaches. Also sometimes a person's body temperature rises. At the very end of the century, a rather painful point appears, which then swells.
The site of inflammation is often accompanied by itching, redness and swelling. Once the abscess ripens and a yellow head is formed on it, it opens. In this case, not only pus, but also particles of dead tissue are excreted.
It should be noted that you can not squeeze out the abscess yourself. Otherwise, this can lead to serious consequences.
Very often, unripened barley simply disappears without any autopsy. This is quite normal, especially for those patients who in time began to strengthen their immunity and put maximum effort into treating inflammation.
Types of Barley
Now you know why barley appears on the eye. Signs in which many people believe, in this case do not work. After all, this disease has specific causes of development. Once they are eliminated, the inflammation on the eye will immediately come to naught.
In modern medicine, it is common to distinguish two forms of the disease under consideration. They depend on which part of the eye is affected:
- External barley is observed if a patient has a hair bulb or sebaceous gland.
- Internal barley develops due to inflammation of the meibomian gland. Usually, such a disease manifests itself more clearly and painfully.
We told about how barley appears on the eye, above. We also described the symptoms of this ailment and the process of its development.
Normal external barley begins with a slight reddening and itching sensation. Within 2-4 days, it ripens, and purulent contents come out of it. In this case, the patient begins to feel much better.
However, with internal barley the situation is more complicated. With the breakthrough of such an abscess, its contents can easily infect the mucous membrane of the visual organ, especially if there are small wounds in it. That's why experts do not recommend opening the barley on their own, as the existing infection can easily spread and lead to disastrous consequences.
Complications of this disease are often caused by blockage of meibomian glands. In this case barley is encapsulated, resulting in the formation of haljazion. Such a peculiar abscess is removed only through operational methods.
To avoid the development of such troubles, the treatment of barley should be started immediately, after the appearance of the first symptoms. By the way, during the treatment of this disease it is forbidden to wear contact lenses, and also to use cosmetics.
Barley appeared on the eye: how to treat?
If the signs of such inflammation are insignificant, and the patient's condition does not deteriorate with time, barley treatment can be avoided. It is necessary only to observe your state of health, and also to wait for the maturation of the abscess and its subsequent dissection.
Often, the opening of the head of barley does not occur, and the inflammation goes away on its own. Although there are cases where everything is much more complicated. In this situation, urgent and effective measures must be taken. Treatment of barley should be competent and consistent.
Treatment of inflammatory focus
In the early days of the development of such a disease, the area of damage should be treated regularly using antiseptic agents. They can be a solution of brilliant green, alcohol tincture of calendula or ordinary iodine.
Using a clean cotton swab dipped in any of the solutions presented, it should carefully treat the entire area of damage. Such procedures are desirable to be repeated several times a day.
What if there was barley on the eye? In pharmacies, there are a lot of drugs that can cure this inflammatory disease. Usually they are available in the form of eye ointments or drops.
Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents are well suited for the treatment of barley. Very often patients are prescribed such medications as tetracycline, hydrocortisone, erythromycin ointment and others.
As for drops, many oculists recommend using the following: "Floxal", "Albucid", "Gentamicin", "Tobrex" and so on.
It should be specially noted that these funds must be used only after consultation with an ophthalmologist. Self-medication in this case is unacceptable.
Warming of the lesion
Often, the barley disappears from the eye, or it quickly breaks if it is warmed up properly. However, this procedure can be used only if the abscess has not fully ripened.
Manipulations with warm compresses are good for accelerating the maturation of the abscess and facilitating the rapid removal of its contents. It should be remembered that the heat should be dry, that is, impermissible moist lotions.
Thus, warming up the lesion can use heated salt, grains, sand, as well as raw boiled eggs. These products should be wrapped in a shawl or placed in a tissue bag.
Warm up the barley on the eye preferably for 10-13 minutes several times a day. In the event that the maturation of the abscess has not occurred, the doctor can prescribe UHF therapy.
Why does barley appear on the eyes of a child or an adult? The answer to this question was indicated above.
The treatment of this ailment is very simple. But if the ulcer has matured for a long time, but has not been revealed, the specialists resort to surgical intervention. During the operation, the doctor makes a small incision or puncture with the help of sterile instruments, and then produces a drainage, that is, removes all pus.
After completing a simple and simple procedure, the surface of the affected area is treated with antiseptics. Such manipulations take place over the next few days.
Some people get rid of barley by resorting to unconventional ways. Imagine several folk methods right now:
- A few leaves of fresh aloe should be poured a glass of boiling water, cover and leave for half an hour. The resulting infusion should be filtered, soaked in it with a cotton pad and processed all the eyelids. Such procedures are desirable to be carried out 4 times a day.
- In strong black tea leaves, you should soak the wadded disc and wipe them the entire area of the lesion( up to 5 times a day).
- A large spoonful of dried chamomile leaves should be poured with one glass of boiling water and insist for an hour. Such infusion should be wiped eyelid thrice a day.