"Calzigard Retard": instructions for use, analogues and reviews
"Calcigard Retard"( INN "Nifedipin") is a blocker of calcium channels and is characterized by antianginal and hypotensive pharmacological action.
The drug shows high effectiveness in the fight against hypertension, vasospastic and stable angina, Reynaud's syndrome and other heart diseases. The agent is able to improve coronary blood flow without inhibiting the conductivity of the myocardium.
"Calcigard Retard": description and composition
The preparation is available in the form of tablets coated with a film membrane.
As the main active substance, it contains nifedipine. In addition, the preparation "Calzigard Retard"( photo packaging was provided above) includes such auxiliary components as:
- Twin 80;
- magnesium stearate;
- polyethylene glycol;
- stearic acid;
- sodium lauryl sulfate.
Tablets are in blisters for 10 pieces. In this case, the pack can contain from 3 to 10 blisters.
The product has a shelf life of three years. Keep it in a sun-protected and dry place at a temperature of up to 30 degrees.
Indications for use
Tablets "Calzigard Retard" can be prescribed for use:
- for relief of anginal attacks;
- for hypertensive crises;
- with Raynaud's syndrome;
- during arterial hypertension;
- for ischemic disease;
- for the prevention of angina attacks;
- during hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- with pulmonary hypertension;
- during bronchial obstructive syndrome;
- in the presence of pain in the heart.
Way of administration and dose of
How to take Calzigard Retard? Instruction for use warns that the necessary dosage of the drug should be selected by the doctor individually in each case. It will depend on the type and nature of the course of the disease, as well as the possible characteristics of the patient's body.
As a rule, treatment begins with taking the minimum dose of the drug: 10 mg 3 or 4 times a day. If there is a need in the future, it can be increased 2 times. But this decision is made only by the attending physician.
At the time of occurrence of some serious diseases, for example, severe form of hypertension or variant angina, a single dose for some time may increase to 30 mg, while the frequency of reception will remain the same.
"Calzigard Retard" should be consumed inside, washed down with a small amount of water. But there are also situations that can be considered an exception to this rule. For example, for the relief of a hypertensive crisis, sublingual administration of the drug is envisaged( putting the pill under the tongue).And to eliminate the attack of angina, an option of intravenous administration of 5 mg every 4-8 hours is possible.
It is important to adhere to the maximum prescribed daily dose of the medicine, in order to avoid manifestations of unforeseen reactions of the body. When ingested, it is up to 120 mg, and with intravenous administration - up to 30 mg.
Contraindications to the use of
There are situations when "Calzigard Retard"( 20 mg) is categorically contraindicated for use. These include cases where the patient has:
- hypersensitivity to the active substance and other components of the drug;
- acute period of myocardial infarction( first 8 days);
- severe arterial hypotension;
- cardiogenic shock;
- heart failure in decompensation stage;
- of severe aortic stenosis;
In addition, the drug can not be used to treat pregnant women. If there is a need for treatment with this medication during lactation, breastfeeding should be stopped.
Safety and efficacy of the drug in children have not been determined. Therefore, it is worthwhile to refrain from its appointment to patients under the age of 18 years.
"Calzigard Retard" with special care should be assigned to patients with impaired renal function or if they have diabetes. For the elderly, a reduction in the daily dose is provided.
During the entire treatment period, complete abstinence from alcohol is necessary.
The drug is able to slightly slow down the psychomotor reactions, so its use should be approached with extreme caution by people who, for example, drive vehicles.
The completion of drug treatment should be gradual in order to avoid the appearance of "withdrawal syndrome".
Side effects of
The use of "Calzigard Retard" tablets can cause many side effects. Some of them occur quite often, while the emergence of others occurs in one case from a thousand, or even less.
- From the senses and the nervous system: headaches, dizziness. Rarely application of the drug can provoke a state of deafness, changes in visual perception, limb disorders, paresthesia, the appearance of problems with sleep.
- From the musculoskeletal system: tremor or myalgia is extremely rare.
- From the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, increased heart rate, hyperemia of the face and skin, accompanied by a feeling of heat, peripheral edema. Rarely can there occur the appearance of leukopenia, anemia, asystole, thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombocytopenia, hypotension, pain similar to angina pectoris.
- From the part of the digestive tract: often there are constipation. Less often - vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, heartburn. Very rarely, the result of taking the drug may be intrahepatic cholestasis or gingival hyperplasia.
- Allergic reactions: exanthema, urticaria, pruritus. Exfoliative dermatitis can rarely occur.
- On the part of the respiratory system: in very rare cases, there is a spasm of the bronchi.
- From the side of the urinary system: the level of daily diuresis may increase. With prolonged use of the drug in large doses, there may be impairment of the functionality of the kidneys.
- Others: at the beginning of treatment, redness and swelling of the legs and hands are often enough. Very rarely the agent can provoke hyperglycemia, gynecomastia, photodermatitis, burning at the injection site( with intravenous administration of the drug), an increase in the number of heartbeats.
Exceeding the maximum permitted dose of the drug may cause bradyarrhythmia, bradycardia, arterial hypotension. Particularly severe cases involve slowing conduction, collapse.
In addition, signs of intoxication may occur after at least 3-4 hours in the form of loss of consciousness( in some cases, up to coma), hypoxia, cardiogenic shock, seizures, metabolic acidosis, hyperglycemia.
To relieve the above symptoms, gastric lavage, activated charcoal and intravenous norepinephrine, calcium gluconate or calcium chloride in atropine solution are performed.
Interaction of the drug with other substances
Before using any medication it is worthwhile to get acquainted not only with its composition, indications and contraindications to the application. An important point is its interaction with substances that can be part of other drugs or foods. After all, some can strengthen the effect of the drug on the body, while others reduce it to nothing. The same applies to the drug "Kalzigard Retard."It can both activate and block the action of certain substances. Consider this question in the form of brief theses:
- ranitidine and cimetidine increase plasma levels;
- diltiazem is able to slow down metabolism, and as a result, the dose of nifedipine should be reduced;
- grapefruit juice( in large quantities) increases bioavailability;
- diuretics, beta-adrenoblockers, nitrates, fentanyl, alcohol, tricyclic antidepressants - increase the hypotensive effect;
- increases the bioavailability of cephalosporins( cefixime);
- enhances the effect of side effects of vincristine( reduces excretion);
- reduces renal clearance of digoxin, increases the activity of theophylline;
- is incompatible with rifampicin( it speeds up biotransformation and does not allow creating effective concentrations).
Analogues of the
tool Are there any tools that can replace "Calzigard Retard"?Analogues, of course, there are. They may be similar to the main drug in composition( in particular, the active substance) or the type of action on the body. At the same time synonyms of the drug "Kalzigard Retard" have their own peculiarities and differences. For example, it can be the form of release, the method and the number of applications, the maximum daily dose and so on. Therefore, before you replace one drug with another, you need to consult a doctor.
So, the most famous analogues of the drug "Kalzigard Retard" are the following medicines:
What do patients say about the Calzigard Retard drug? There are positive and negative reviews. It's worth starting with positive things.
First, patients note the high effectiveness of the drug and its wide enough spectrum of action.
Secondly, can not help but rejoice the very low price of the facility( from 50 to 300 rubles, depending on the size of the package).
The only thing that can be considered a significant disadvantage is the appearance of side effects in the form of headaches, nausea and so on. Although, as practice has shown, after a reduction in the dose of the drug, all of the above signs disappeared very quickly. Therefore, it is entirely possible that the cause of the appearance of side effects was precisely the wrong method.