Intradermal nevus: description, species
Skin diseases are unpleasant, and sometimes even frightening. They deliver a lot of physical and psychological discomfort. Practically every person has some or other skin problems. However, the late removal of some of them can lead to serious complications. Intradermal nevus is one such problem.
This pathology is often a benign neoplasm on the skin, which mostly rises above its surface. In some cases, it can acquire tuberculate form, and sometimes remains small, differing in color stain.
The intradermal nevus has a painless surface and a soft structure. The color of the new growth can be different: pink, red, brown and even black.
An intradermal nevus can be located on the neck, scalp, face. Very rarely, education occurs on the body or limbs. It should be borne in mind that if the tumor is benign, then it practically does not cause painful sensations. In malignant form, melanoma, she is reborn in only 20% of cases.
If there is some discomfort in the area of skin lesions, or the intradermal nevus began to grow rapidly, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Reasons for the appearance of
So far, they are not clear for certain. But in any case, this pathology is a consequence of the abnormal functionality of the skin. There are factors that can trigger the development of the disease:
- Allergic skin diseases.
- Intrauterine malformations of fetal development.
- Hormonal disorders, such as altering the body's work during pregnancy or menopause in women.
- Dermatological infectious diseases.
The intradermal papillomatous nevus can also develop due to a strong toxic poisoning of the body, and the substance due to which it appeared does not matter.
Varieties of pathology
There are a lot of them:
- Blue. It has a relatively small size and a special blue color.
- Frontier. This formation is characterized by the fact that it rises above the skin surface only partially.
- Intradermal papillomatous nevus. Its size can exceed 1.5 cm, and over time it can grow even more. Most often it is a brown tubercle, similar to a wart. Inside the tumor, hard black hairs can be seen. With careful handling of this new growth, it rarely degenerates into a malignant one.
- Non-celled. It often appears on the face, causing serious physical discomfort. Its shape is usually convex. Because of its location, the tumor must be removed.
- Intradermal melanocytic nevus. It has a rich color, a correct, clear shape. It can be found on the chest and even on the genitals. The size of the lesion rarely exceeds 0.5 cm. It may be flush with the skin or slightly elevate above it.
Some of these formations can degenerate into melanoma. However, with a careful attitude and timely treatment, the intradermal nevus of the skin is not dangerous.
Diagnostics features of
The presented pathology should be detected in a timely manner. Diagnosis involves the implementation of a set of measures that will help to determine the type and severity of the disease, as well as the predisposition of the neoplasm to degeneration. So, the doctor should perform such actions:
- External examination of the affected area and determination of its morphological features: location, size, shape, color.
- Dermatoscopy of the tumor, which will make it possible to distinguish it from other diseases.
- Siascopy. This is a new method of digital diagnostics, which allows you to more accurately determine the features of the development of pathology.
- skin ultrasound.
- Biopsy of the tumor element to confirm or disprove the oncology prognosis.
How does the disease develop?
An intradermal papillomatous nevus may appear from birth, although it is very difficult to notice it immediately. Education develops in several stages:
- The new formation is still under the epithelium, so it often goes unnoticed.
- Gradual movement of nevus cells into the upper layers of the dermis.
- Acquisition of a convex shape. With the growth of the child, the intradermal melanocytic nevus of the skin increases in size.
- Stop growth and discoloration of nevus cells. At this stage, the inflammatory process and the degeneration of the neoplasm can begin.
What are the symptoms you should consult a doctor?
Basically, if you have an intradermal melanocytic nevus, then it is worth consulting with a doctor, even if it does not bother you. However, there are direct indications for contacting a specialist:
- The tumor is located in places where it can be permanently injured: on the scalp, soles of the feet, genitals.
- Education begins to bleed, there is a feeling of itching and burning.
- The tumor has an unnatural hue, a large size or is growing heavily.
- The patient feels pain in the affected area.
- The patient has close relatives who have had melanoma.
Treatment of pathology
It should be said that the papillomatous intradermal melanocytic nevus does not lend itself to drug therapy. In most cases, it must be deleted. There are several ways to do this:
- Freezing with liquid nitrogen. This procedure can be used if the nevus is located on the areas hidden under the clothes. After the operation, very visible traces remain. This operation can provoke severe burns. It completely destroys the neoplasm, so there is simply no way to further analyze the material.
- Surgical intervention with a scalpel. This procedure allows you to get rid of even a very large nevus. However, such surgery is traumatic, it requires a long recovery period, and after it there are noticeable scars. But as a result, the material can be examined for the presence of malignant cells.
- Electrical moxibustion. This is a practically painless method of removal, but it is impossible to obtain a nevus for research, since it is completely destroyed.
- Laser treatment. It is quite effective, it can be applied on any parts of the body. The wound after the operation quickly heals, and the risk of getting into it is very small. But in this case there is no material for further research.
- Radioknife. This is the most progressive method of combating the disease. It encompasses the advantages of all the previous methods, and from disadvantages it is possible to single out only the high cost of the procedure.
Features of the laser operation
Papillomatous intradermal melanocytic nevus should be removed completely. Otherwise, he will begin to degenerate into a malignant tumor. The laser operation is performed under local anesthesia and lasts only 5 minutes. After it is held, you will go home on the same day, and the recovery period will be reduced at times.
For work specialist uses a special device capable of producing laser radiation. He gradually cuts the thin plates of the tumor until it is completely removed. Depth and intensity of radiation are regulated in each individual case. It all depends on the size of education, its characteristics.
Intradermal pigment nevus is a rather unpleasant disease that can develop into a malignant tumor. However, if you follow certain preventive measures, then such an outcome can be avoided. So, do not forget about such rules:
- Do not abuse visits to a solarium or stay there too long.
- In summer, do not stay in direct sunlight for a long time, especially between 11 and 16 hours.
- Do not go to saunas or baths too often.
- One should be especially careful with the sun to those people who have fair skin, since it is more prone to the appearance of moles and melanomas.
- The neoplasm can not be injured.
If you find a birthmark that has drastically changed color, shape, or size, contact your doctor immediately. Be healthy!