Inositol - what is it and where is it contained? Inositol in the pharmacy: instructions for use, indications
For the proper functioning of the body, it is necessary to constantly receive vitamins of different groups in it. After all, they perform many functions: they take part in metabolic processes, increase the activity of enzymes, microelements and amino acids, and so on.
In the article we will talk about such concept as inositol: what is it, what benefit does it bring to the organism and where it can be found. We also find out whether there are medicines with this component as an active substance.
Inositol: What is it?
Inositol is nothing more than vitamin B8.Although in the medical classification it is considered to be a vitamin-like substance.
Inositol is able to self-produce in the body from glucose, and then accumulate in the tissues: liver, heart, on the retina of the eye, in the male seed, and also in the brain and bone marrow.
Influence of inositol on the body
We learned the following information about the substance "inositol": what it is, how it is produced and where it accumulates. The next pressing question: why is the body needed at all and what functions does it perform? It will be most convenient to consider this issue in the form of small theses.
So, what is the role of vitamin B8:
- Lipotropik. Vitamin B8 normalizes the circulation of lipid groups. With its sufficient quantity, the body stimulates the production of phospholipids, which, in turn, take part in the process of removing bad fats from the liver. Lack of inotizol is capable of provoking fatty degeneration of liver tissue.
- Membrane protector. Vitamin B6 makes the protective cell shell less permeable. As a result, the possibility of its destruction and penetration of harmful substances decreases.
- Antiatherosclerotic. Inositol prevents the appearance and fixation of fatty plaques in the vessels due to its interaction with lipid-protein groups in the blood. This helps protect the body from atherosclerosis, hypertension and obesity.
- Regulator of minerals responsible for the state of the nervous system. These include zinc and copper.
- Anxiolytic and antidepressant. Vitamin B8 promotes the process of recovery of nerve tissues in the spinal cord and brain. In doing so, it improves the quality of sleep, relieves anxiety and soothes. Inotizol is simply necessary for neurological or mental abnormalities such as depression, various phobias, movement coordination disorders, bipolar disorders, pursuit mania, and during a panic attack or a severe shock condition.
- Will Osmolit. Takes part in protein synthesis during stress. In addition, it is able to increase the level of survival and functionality of systems and the organism under unconventional physical conditions.
- Inhibitor of cancer cells. Inotizol suppresses their growth in the liver, pancreas, intestines, liver, mammary glands and skin.
As you can see, the substance has an effect on many body systems and performs very important functions.
Daily need for vitamin
As already mentioned above, the human body can independently produce inositol from glucose. This replenishes about 75% of its required level to ensure the normal functionality of all systems.
Daily requirement of an organism in vitamin В8 makes on the average 4-8 grammes. It is easy to calculate that from the outside you need to get an average of 1-2 grams of substance per day. This can happen both with the help of food products, and thanks to special vitamin complexes, one of which is "Inositol"( instruction on the use of the drug will be considered a little later).
The above standards of vitamin B8 are designed for a healthy person. In the presence of psychological or physical stress, the required substance is doubled, and during nervous disorders it is calculated individually.
Signs of inositol deficiency in the body
Vitamin B8( inositol) differs from others in that, with its deficiency, there is no visual signs of vitamin deficiency or hypovitaminosis. The only thing that may indicate a lack of it in the body is the appearance of a skin disease such as eczema. Though it can have sets and absolutely other reasons.
However, there are some indications, in the presence of which recommended the administration of vitamin B8 therapy. This occurs in the following cases:
- stress depletion;
- insomnia, which indicates mental or physical impairment;
- increase in cholesterol;
- obesity of the liver or the presence of a threat of its appearance;
- frequent constipation;
- sharp decrease in visual acuity, which was not caused by the resulting injuries;
- hair loss in an amount exceeding the norm;
- movement coordination irregularities;
- Mental Disorders;
- decreased reproductive function.
Where is inositol is contained
Above, it was recalled that the body under normal conditions independently produces 75% of the stock inositol. For this to happen, you need to provide it with the necessary products of plant and animal origin, as well as monitor the state of the gastrointestinal tract.
So, it was revealed that the body lacks such a substance as inositol. Where does vitamin B8 contain and what needs to be used to replenish its stocks?
It is important to include milk, yoghurt, beef liver and beef, pork, egg yolk, sardines, tuna, oysters, wheat sprouts, barley and oatmeal, fresh peas, peanuts, citrus fruits( except lime and lemon), raisins, melon in your diet..
In plant foods, the concentration of vitamin is several times greater than in animals. It is important to have this fact in mind when there is a lack of inositol. In addition, it is desirable to use them in raw form, since during prolonged heat treatment vitamin B8 dissolves.
One more important fact should not be forgotten. As research has shown, alcohol, coffee, tea and drugs with sulfonamides can block the production of vitamin B8 and reduce its digestibility. Therefore, people who regularly use these products are recommended to receive inositol from special vitamin supplements.
Signs of an overdose of inositol
In cases where the body produces vitamin B8 on its own, an overdose of the substance can not occur. This is due to a well-established system of its operation. If there is an excessive amount of inositol, the synthesis temporarily stops, and the excess is removed through the kidneys.
Overdose is possible only in case of vitamin use in therapeutic, rather than preventive purposes. In this case, there may be diarrhea, insomnia and a state of general nervous excitement, dizziness and increased blood pressure.
Get rid of the above symptoms is not difficult. It is enough just to drink plenty of fluids( water, coffee, tea, diuretics).As a result, excess inositol will leave the body with urine for several hours.
Vitamin B8 in medical preparations
If there is a shortage of vitamin B8, it is difficult to replenish its reserves with a special diet, as in the products its content is very low. Therefore, special vitamin-mineral complexes were developed. Inositol in the pharmacy can be found under the names "Inositol", or Inositol, "Inositol + Choline"( Inositol + Cholin), "Lecithin".
In addition, sufficient funds for external use with vitamin B8( creams and shampoos).Therefore, they can be used both for preventive and therapeutic purposes.
Vitamin complex "Inositol"
The product is available in the form of capsules and is simply an indispensable vitamin for ensuring the correct metabolism.
How does Inositol work and what does it do? Application of the drug provides:
- activation of fat burning;
- lowering of cholesterol in the body;
- stimulation of mental brain work;
- improved memory and concentration;
- maintenance of skin and hair health;
- fight against depressive conditions.
In addition, vitamin B8 is used as an auxiliary component in general therapy in the treatment of infertility. The fact is that inositol takes part in the division of the oocyte and has a positive effect on the reproductive system. Therefore, it will be useful to both women and men.
How should I take "Inositol"?The instruction to the preparation says that one capsule is enough per day. Do this with food.
"Inositol": customer reviews
What do they say about the drug that have already experienced its effects? There are a lot of reviews, and, regardless of the manufacturer "Inosaidola", almost all of them are positive! And this once again confirms how effectively vitamin B8 affects the body.
Buyers note the excellent soothing effect of the drug. At the same time, there is an improvement in mood, a sense of unreasonable anxiety disappears.
In addition, the remedy really has a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin, hair and even nails. Many use "Inositol" to maintain the reproductive function of the body and note excellent results.
Disadvantages can be considered only side effects of the drug, which are very rare and manifest more as a result of individual characteristics of the body. There are cases when "Inositol" became the cause of headaches and a state of weakness.
So, we "got to know" with such an important substance as inositol. What it is, what functions it performs in the body, what are the signs of its shortage and overabundance, what foods and preparations it contains - all these aspects we discussed in detail.
Based on all of the above, we can draw a few simple conclusions:
- inositol plays a very important role in many biochemical processes of the body;
- its deficiency causes deterioration of human health, in particular, there are problems with the nervous system;
- vitamin B8 helps to get rid of nervous disorders, obesity, infertility, insomnia, atherosclerosis and other diseases;
- substance is present in both food and medical products.