Tips on how to lower cholesterol at home
Cholesterol is a substance that belongs to a group of sterols and is synthesized by the liver. Also, his intake into the human body is possible along with the food used. With excess cholesterol, the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels, metabolic disorders and the appearance of stones in the gall bladder are observed. In order to avoid these pathologies, almost everyone should be aware of how to lower cholesterol at home. To do this, you first need to understand why it is formed in excess.
Causes of increased cholesterol
- genetic predisposition;
- presence of bad habits;
- lack of physical activity.
Diet in the pathology of
When this disease occurs, the first measure to be taken is to restrict or completely eliminate from the diet harmful products that contain a lot of cholesterol and saturated fats. And for this, you should stop eating almost all meat( meaning fatty grades), dairy and some vegetable oils( for example, palm and coconut).It is also necessary to completely exclude everything sweet and refuse to eat before going to bed or shortly before it.
If you still do not know how to lower cholesterol at home, then try to follow the following rules.
- Fatty meat replace with lean - chicken, turkey, etc.
- Use more sea fish - it contains fatty acids that prevent the appearance of plaques.
- Cholesterol-lowering foods, such as carrots, corn and oats, contain the fiber that is necessary for a person - the so-called pectin. He has the ability to envelop surplus cholesterol and remove them from the body. Also to products with similar action it is possible to carry cabbage of broccoli and onions. They contain substances that lower cholesterol.
- To prevent the formation of thrombi, it is worthwhile at least occasionally to eat various berries that contain salicylic acid.
- One of the "champions" who knows the answer to the question raised about how to lower cholesterol at home is garlic. Many people who suffer from this disease know that eating only 3 cloves of garlic per day will help reduce cholesterol by almost 15%.
Herbs that lower cholesterol
In addition to adherence to a certain diet, one more method of treatment can be used to get rid of this disease. This is a herbal technique. There are many recipes for their use. For example:
- Take 20 grams of St. John's wort and yarrow and 4 grams of arnica flowers. Pour all the boiling water( about a glass) and insist for no more than half an hour. Drink in small sips throughout the day. This treatment should adhere to days 40-45.
- 3-4 tbsp.l.hawthorn flowers put in a glass of alcohol. Tincture leave in a dark place for 10 days, do not forget to shake it periodically. After the time has passed, it should be taken, diluted with water, on a teaspoon 2 times a day.
We hope that our advice on how to lower cholesterol at home, you will be useful.