"Exforge": reviews, those who took this medicine, instructions for use and composition
To the drugs, which are presented today on the pharmacological market and quite effectively cope with the problem of hypertension, we can safely attribute "Exforge".Reviews of those who took this medicine will be discussed in detail in our article. As a rule, they all confirm the effectiveness of this remedy. The drug is prescribed for patients with hypertension and contains components that eliminate the main symptoms of this disease.
Numerous reviews on Exforge confirm that this drug works great even with the most severe cases of hypertension. Patients write that after a month of regular medication the pressure really stabilizes and, accordingly, the overall well-being is much improved.
To avoid possible confusion, it should immediately be noted that, depending on the active ingredients that make up the drug, it can be sold under two names - Exforge and Ko-Exforge. Instructions for use and the effect that is achieved with their systematic use will be discussed later in this article.
The composition of the preparation and the basic principle of the action of
Exforge( reviews, instructions, the price of which will be considered below) are a combination of two main active substances:
- Valsartan is a substance that is an active antagonist of angiotensin II receptors. The main advantage of this component is that valsartan, effectively lowering the level of blood pressure, does not affect the heart rate. Also, unlike many similar substances, it does not provoke the appearance of dry cough in patients.
- Amplodipine is a component that is a dihydropyridine derivative. Its main action is to block the slow calcium channels. Amplodipine contributes to the expansion of vascular walls due to their relaxation, and it actively promotes the enhancement of renal blood flow. After getting this component into the body, a regular decrease in the level of blood pressure is observed.
The two components considered are the main active ingredients of the drug called Exforge. Feedback from those who took this medicine, confirm that it is quite effective in combating the problems of high blood pressure.
"Exforge" and "Ko-Exforge": what is the difference
It is also worth noting that in pharmacies you can find a medicine with almost the same name - "Ko-Exforge".
The difference from Exforge lies in the fact that in its composition, in addition to amlodipine and valsartan, contains another active substance - hydrochlorothiazide( a fairly powerful diuretic).
Existing dosages of
Depending on the proportion of active ingredients, these tablets are available and sold in three dosages: Exforge 10/160;5/160;5/80.The second digit after the fraction always indicates the amount of valsartan contained in the tablet.
How to take the drug
To achieve a visible therapeutic effect of taking any medication and avoid possible side effects, the appointment and determination of the optimal daily dose should only be done by the attending physician. Was not an exception and "Exforge"( pills).Instructions for the use of this medication suggests that a pill with a doctor-appointed dosage is consumed with a small amount of clean water, preferably in the morning. You can take the medicine regardless of the meal( both before and after).
"Exforge" and "Ko Exforge": instructions, doctor's reviews
At specialized medical forums, doctors' reviews, as well as patients, are more positive about this drug. Doctors like that this drug can be prescribed to those patients who have high blood pressure monopreparations( "Valsartan" or "Amplidipine") is not adequately regulated. The medicine we are considering, thanks to its composition, allows us to transfer such patients to combination therapy. At the same time on the "Exforge" sharp jumps in the level of blood pressure almost completely disappear.
Also, doctors note that patients who drink both Valsartan and Amplodipine, naturally, are much more convenient to translate into one drug, Exforge or Ko-Exforge. This is how to reduce the number of medical appointments, and is more convenient for patients, because instead of several drugs and an additional diuretic, they can take a day just 1 tablet with a correctly selected dosage.
As one of the advantages of this drug, doctors note that it is equally well absorbed and transferred by both young patients and older people. Convenient is that in the case of prescribing patients over the age of 65 in a special adjustment of doses are not needed.
"Exforge": reviews of those who took this medicine
At various forums there are many laudatory reviews about this drug. Very often their comments are left by relatives of patients who bought this medicine for them. People write about the fact that the drug helped with prolonged and protracted hypertensive states, while other means did not give such a successful effect.
The patients themselves also mostly praise the drug Exforge. Feedback from those who took this medicine, confirm its effectiveness. Many people write about the fact that the drug does have a long-lasting effect, and the pressure keeps within the normal parameters for a long time after its cancellation. Positive dynamics is noticeable after taking several first tablets.
It should always be remembered that even the most effective medication can have a number of its contraindications. The medicine Exforge was not an exception. The instructions for use clearly define the conditions under which this medicine is not strictly recommended. Among them:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to one of the auxiliary substances contained in the "Exforge"( to clarify the list of these substances and avoid negative reactions, you can always read the instructions to the drug, namely its section "Composition").
- Mean and severe renal dysfunction. The drug is strictly prohibited for patients who are on dialysis.
- Cholestasis and biliary cirrhosis of the liver, as well as other severe disorders of liver function.
- This drug is not recommended for pregnant women who are already pregnant and breastfeeding.
- The drug is not prescribed for patient shocks, for example, with cardiogenic shock. Also, its use is unacceptable after a recent acute myocardial infarction and with obstruction of the left cardiac ventricle.
In addition, when appointing both Exforge and Ko-Exforge, it is necessary to take into account that the efficacy and safety of these drugs for patients under 18 years of age have not been established to date.
Contraindications that have the drug "Ko-Exforge"
Since the preparation "Ko-Exforge" in its composition additionally has a strong diuretic, it should be used with caution in the following diseases and conditions:
- hyperkalemia, hyponatremia and any other disturbances of the water-electrolyte balance;
- systemic lupus erythematosus;
- different patient conditions, which are accompanied by a lowered BCC;
- obstructive cardiomyopathy, aortic or mitral stenosis;
- stenosis of the renal arteries;
- diabetes mellitus.
There are currently no results of clinical studies that could confirm the safety of Co-Exforge for patients who have recently undergone kidney transplantation.
Possible side effects of taking medication
Any medication has its own side effects, and the medicine we are considering is no exception. Most often, negative feedback about "Exforge" is associated with its side effects. When taking the drug, there may be such complications with the respiratory system and ENT organs, such as:
- pain in the larynx;
- hyperplasia of the mucosa;
- pulmonary edema;
In the work of the gastrointestinal tract such violations are possible:
- exacerbation of gastritis, pancreatitis;
- pain in the epigastric region;
- feeling of heaviness in the abdomen;
In rare cases, when taking the drug, the following disorders in the CNS may be observed:
- itching all over the body, skin rash;
- unreasonable concern;
- mood lability;
- vision impairment;
- muscle cramps;
Other side effects of
The instructions to the preparation indicate that as a side effect, patients can also experience conditions such as:
If any of the symptoms of any of the listed side effects appear to avoid further complications, it should be reported immediately to the doctor who prescribes Exforge.
Instruction for use, price, analogues
The drug is taken once a day( 1 tablet).The question of dosage - 5/80, 5/160, 10/160 - is taken by the doctor.
One of the drawbacks of this drug is its high price. On average, with a slight difference, depending on the mark-up of pharmacies, the cost of the drug is as follows:
- 14 tablets in a dosage of 5 mg / 80 mg - 880 rubles., 28 tablets - 1630 rubles;
- 14 tablets in a dosage of 5 mg / 160 - 950 rubles., 28 tablets - 1750 rubles;
- 14 tablets in a dosage of 10 mg / 160 mg - 1020 rubles., 28 tablets - 1800 rubles.
This drug also has analogues, the price of which is slightly less than that of Exforge. The following drugs are referred to analog drugs:
- "Enanorm" - is a combination of nitrendipine and enalapril, the average cost is about 410 rubles.
- "Amsaar" - is a combination of amlodipine and losartan, costs about 600 rubles.
- "Gisaar" - a drug containing hydrochlorothiazide and losartan, costs on average 420 rubles.
- "Equator" - contains lisinopril and amlodipine, costs about 700 rubles.
Despite the fact that analog drugs are much cheaper than Exforge, one must remember that self-medication, especially hypertension, can be dangerous for health and life. The decision to take any drug that lowers blood pressure should always be taken with the attending physician, taking into account all his recommendations. Only then it will be able to have the proper therapeutic effect and not cause harm to health.