The film on the eye of a person: the causes and treatment
The eye is a complex but fairly fragile organ. Disturbances in work are manifested by loss of clarity of vision. If there is a film on the eye, then this may indicate the presence of a serious disease. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor to clarify its nature. This pathology is called pterygium. At the initial stage the neoplasm covers only part of the cornea, without disturbing the person to see well. The danger of this disease is that the pterygium gradually grows, closing the pupil. This leads to blindness. The film can be formed both on one eye and immediately on two.
Symptoms of diseases
The film on the eye causes a feeling of discomfort. It can differ in intensity and duration. Most often this condition occurs in the morning or after a hard work at the computer. In some cases, an unpleasant symptom disappears if you blink your eyes. It often requires moistening the eyes and rubbing. Similar conditions are often accompanied by other symptoms, among which:
- itching and unpleasant burning;
- hypersensitivity to light;
- appearance of spots and "flies";
- general weakness.
The film in front of a person who is accompanied by similar signs, can indicate the development of diseases not only of the organs of vision, but also of the nervous system. That's why you should seek help from ophthalmologists. Specialists will put an accurate diagnosis and prescribe appropriate therapy. Often, the manifestation of the film on the eye is observed in elderly people. The neoplasm consists of an overgrown conjunctive membrane.
The cause of the disease
There are many factors that provoke the appearance of a film on the eye. Among them is worth highlight:
- Long-term exposure to ultraviolet. This disease is common among residents of southern countries. It is here that high-intensity radiation is present, as well as many sunny days.
- Mechanical effects of dust, sand and fine particles. These negative factors are amplified by the wind, which irritates the mucous membrane of the organs of vision.
- Hereditary predisposition. Pathology is often transmitted between relatives.
- Conjunctivitis. With frequent inflammatory processes, the mucous membrane of the organ is affected by bacteria, adenoviruses and so on. Frequent conjunctivitis leaves scars, which leads to a change in the tissues of the eye.
Working at the computer for several hours causes dry eyes and irritation of the mucosa. The conjunctiva reacts very sharply to almost any effect, because it contains a lot of blood vessels, as well as nerves. It consists of a mucus of several layers: epithelium and submucosa.
The eye conjunctiva performs several functions at once. Inside it is the gland, which produces a tear fluid. Mucous moisturizes the eyes and protects them from the negative effects of the environment. With prolonged exposure to the irritating factor, the epithelium is transformed. As a result, connective tissue begins to expand and the eye closes the film.
Diseases that cause the pterygium
Why is there a film in my eyes? The cause of this phenomenon can be the following diseases:
- Refractive diseases, for example astigmatism, farsightedness. To get rid of such violations allows laser therapy and wearing corrective glasses or lenses.
- Dry eye syndrome. If there is not enough moisture, the cornea begins to dry out, and the clarity of vision gradually decreases. The reason is deterioration of the mucosa.
- Cataract. The disease causes clouding of the crystal. Most often, the disease is noted in the elderly.
- Glaucoma. In this case, the film on the eye arises from the violation of eye pressure.
- Inflammation of the optic nerve.
It is worth noting that a white film in the eyes can occur as a result of taking certain drugs, for example, corticosteroids, oral contraceptives.
What should I do?
What if my eyes tighten with film? Specialists distinguish several stages of pathology development:
- Initial. Symptoms and symptoms of the disease are absent.
- The second stage. Symptoms such as blurred vision, irritation, puffiness, unpleasant burning, and film growth appear.
It should be noted that it is impossible to get rid of such a disease with drugs or folk remedies. Medicines that can remove the film have not yet been created. You can get rid of pathology only surgically. At the initial stage, the film is not removed. At this stage, the growth of the tumor is monitored.
When changing the size of the film or its condition, promptly appointed surgery. Tightening is not recommended. After all, the operation is very complicated. In addition, there is a risk of relapse.
How the operation is performed
If the eye is tightened with a film, the surgical procedure is performed immediately. A day before the surgery the patient should be prepared. During this period it is forbidden to take aspirin, as well as other drugs that affect the condition of the blood.
Surgical intervention is performed using local anesthesia. The film is excised to the sclera. Removal of tumors lasts no more than half an hour. After surgery, a bandage is applied to the patient's eye. The specialist must prescribe drops that allow the elimination of the onset of the inflammatory process. After surgery, the patient remains under observation for several hours. If during this time there were strong painful sensations, then the doctor should prescribe painkillers. It is not possible to wash eyes with water for several days. It is worth considering that the pterygium can start again. If the film appears, you should immediately consult an ophthalmologist.
Methods for excision of
film Surgical intervention can be performed with a laser or a scalpel. Each of the methods has its own advantages and features. However, the use of a laser is the most popular way to remove film from the eyes. Its advantages include:
- Moxibustion of vessels. This avoids bleeding.
- After the operation, there is no need to apply stitches.
- The patient's recovery is faster.
- Pain sensations are less pronounced.
To prevent the film from appearing on the eyes, it is necessary:
- to protect the vision organs from sunlight by putting on sunglasses;
- reduce the time to work on the computer, taking breaks every hour;
- use drops to moisturize the eye mucosa;
- Avoid contact with foreign objects.
Film in the newborn in front of the eye
If the eye is tightened with a film from a small child, the cause may be hidden in the impassability of the tear duct. Dacryocystitis is a disease that occurs in 5% of babies. There is an ailment when:
- lacks a tear duct;
- anomalies of ductal development;
- face injury by forceps obstetrician.
In the process of intrauterine development, the nasolacrimal pathways in the fetus are clogged with a gelatinous film. Due to this, amniotic fluid does not enter the respiratory tract. After birth, the film breaks with the cry of the baby. If this does not happen, then the duct remains closed. As a result, this pathology leads to a stagnant phenomenon, which causes an inflammatory process in the lacrimal sac.
Signs of the pathology
Not only a specialist, but also the mother of a child can notice such a pathology as dacryocystitis. For this disease is characteristic:
- lacrimation without crying;
- purulent discharge, accumulating in the corners of the eyes;
- swelling and redness of the lower part of the eye.
That the child does not start to grow a film on eyes, the corresponding therapy is spent. With this disease, rinsing of the eyes with antiseptic, massage and eye drops is prescribed. By the year the film must break through on its own. If this does not happen, then a surgical procedure is performed.