Constant heartburn, an unpleasant bitter taste in the mouth, pain in the zone of the hypochondrium - all these signs often accompany the casting of bile in the stomach. Despite the apparent simplicity of this problem and its prevalence, this condition requires exceptionally competent treatment. Otherwise, the risk of developing serious enough complications in the form of gastritis and stomach ulcers increases. That is why one should not turn a blind eye to such a problem as throwing bile into the stomach. Treatment, causes, symptoms of this pathology can be learned by reading this article.
Bile plays a direct role in the functioning of each person's digestive system. It constantly produces liver. Then it enters the gallbladder. From there, if necessary, is thrown into the duodenum, where food splits occur.
Normally, the process of moving pieces of food through the esophagus is exclusively one-sided. Reverse her throwing discouraged sphincters. These are special muscular rings located on the border of the esophagus with the stomach.
In the event of any disorders or diseases, the sphincter ceases to perform its primary functions normally, which entails throwing bile into the stomach. The reasons for this pathology can be very different, ranging from bad habits and ending with pregnancy. Interacting with gastric juice, which has hydrochloric acid in its composition, bile can literally erode the walls of the stomach. All this often leads to the development of quite serious diseases and even precancerous conditions.
Main causes of
- Excessive pressure in the area of the duodenum. It can be triggered by tumors of a malignant nature, hernia.
- Pregnancy. In the third trimester, the fetus begins to squeeze the intestines, which entails throwing bile into the stomach.
- The causes of the development of this pathological condition may be concealed in previous operations. If the sphincter has been damaged during surgery, the likelihood that it will not subsequently be completely closed increases.
- Use of medicines. The use of antispasmodics and muscle relaxants for a long time entails relaxation of the muscular sphincter.
- Violation of the normal patency of the bile ducts.
- Power failure.
- Harmful habits( smoking, fast food, alcohol consumption).
Symptoms. How exactly is the casting of bile in the stomach?
The reasons for throwing bile into the stomach directly affect the symptoms of pathology. However, for this state there are several common features that allow the most accurate diagnosis to be made.
The presence of bile in the stomach is usually indicated by the following symptoms:
- a constant feeling of dryness in the mouth;
- causeless heartburn;
- feeling of heaviness in the stomach;
- yellow coating on the tongue;
- smack of bitterness in the mouth.
If the above signs persist for several days, you should seek the assistance of a gastroenterologist for a complete diagnostic examination. Its results allow you to determine the causes of the ingress of bile into the stomach, and to prescribe appropriate therapy. To confirm this diagnosis, in most cases, the following methods are used:
- Gastroscopy. To perform this procedure, the doctor uses a flexible endoscope with a miniature camera. Gastroscopy allows you to determine the presence of any abnormalities in the digestive tract.
- X-ray with barium.
What should be the therapy?
We should not ignore such a problem as throwing bile into the stomach. The reasons for the development of this pathology, as a rule, "dictate" the subsequent therapy. Depending on the factors that provoked its development, the treatment can be conservative or surgical.
The first option is aimed at neutralizing the irritating effect of bile on mucous organs, and also on ensuring their adequate purification. The following medicines are used for these purposes:
- antacids, which reduce the level of acidity in the stomach( preparations Maalox, Rabeprazole, Almagel);
- pyrokinetics, which help to remove bile from the stomach( preparations "Domperidon", "Metoclopramide");
- means for strengthening the motility of the gallbladder;
- antispasmodics( preparations "Papaverin", "Drotaverin", "Scopolamine").
The decision on the surgical intervention in each specific case is taken exclusively by a specialist.
What should be the food?
In addition to drug treatment, a special diet is recommended for all patients without exception. First of all, you should give up fatty, fried, spicy and excessively salty foods. The diet should consist mainly of steamed vegetables, lean meat. For breakfast it is better to cook oatmeal on the water. All food is recommended to be taken in small portions about five times a day.
This fairly simple diet, coupled with therapy, allows you to forget about a problem like throwing bile into the stomach. The causes of pathology, as already noted above, are often hidden in the harmful habits of the patient. It is necessary to completely abandon the use of alcohol products, cigarettes, coffee.
Possible complications of
Do not underestimate this problem. In the absence of adequate treatment, the likelihood of developing such diseases as gastric ulcer, gastritis, Barrett's esophagus( precancerous condition) increases.
In this article, we explained in detail why the bile in the stomach is so dangerous. The causes, symptoms and treatment of this condition should not be ignored. Otherwise, the risk of forming quite dangerous ailments, including cancer, is increased.