Rash on the feet of a child: diagnosis, treatment, prevention
Currently, there are many reasons why rashes on the feet of a child .They can serve as symptoms of various diseases. Therefore, they can not be burned on their own, it is necessary to see a doctor so that he can correctly diagnose. Only an experienced doctor can diagnose the disease by the nature of the rash. Of course, it will not be superfluous for parents to know what ailments can be hidden under such a symptom.
Eruptions can be of different types. Most often they have the form of vesicles with liquid inside or spots of red color. The size of the rash is small. Some diseases can manifest as scales on the feet, accompanied by itching. When the elements of the rash are combed, ulcers, cracks and other injuries are formed. All rashes are conventionally divided into five groups:
- Rashes of an infectious nature.
- Rash on the feet and palms of the child of allergic origin.
- Rashes associated with impaired hygiene.
- Rashes that appear due to blood and vascular disease.
- Rash that occurs as a result of chronic ailments, fungi, parasites and other.
The most dangerous is an infectious group, whose history often reveals contact with the carriers in the school and kindergarten.
The causes of rashes in children can become such infections:
- Measles is characterized by the presence of small rashes of red. In this case, appears on the feet and palms of the child , which gradually affects his entire body( approximately three days later).This manifestation is almost always accompanied by signs of ARVI.There is a runny nose and cough, conjunctivitis and hyperthermia. Five days later, white spots appear on the mucous membrane of the cheeks. Rashes are not accompanied by itching, skin peeling occurs.
- Rubella is caused by the appearance of a red rash of small size. But first she appears on her face and only then on her feet. A distinctive feature of the disease are enlarged lymph nodes. During the day, the entire body of the child is covered with rashes that go through three days. When pressed, they disappear, they do not merge with each other. Itching and any discomfort are not observed.
- Vesicular stomatitis, in which there is a rash on the feet of a child in the form of a bubble with red rims. Passes by itself, without requiring treatment. Discomfort does not cause.
- Meningococcal infection is caused by the appearance of pinpoint hemorrhages under the skin. The spots gradually merge into large dense elements of irregular shape. Especially they are clearly traced on the legs and buttocks. After a while in the center of the spots are formed necrosis. The appearance of rashes is a very dangerous sign and speaks of the development of meningococcemia. A fatal outcome is possible already in the first day.
- Scarlet fever is characterized by the appearance of small rash on the feet of the child , rough to the touch, accompanied by itching. Eruptions spread throughout the body, but are completely absent in the nasolabial triangle. After five days on the feet, skin peeling begins.
- Infection endocarditis is characterized by the appearance on the feet of red small spots, which are accompanied by pain and itching. These rashes are reminiscent of hives.
- Scabies is caused by the presence on the feet of various elements of the rash: red spots, pustules, bubbles with liquid and other. In this case there is severe itching. Children especially strong itches the stop of in the evening.
A rash of an allergic origin is associated with the action of a specific agent on the baby's body. It can be wool, dust, some medicines, washing powders, and also lure. Allergic rash includes hives, which is characterized by the appearance of a clear rash of bright pink color without accompanying signs of malaise. The rash can cover baby socks , legs and ass. Eruptions can merge with each other, forming large blisters that rise above the surface of the skin. They can cause peeling, severe itching, and cause the appearance of crusts in the future.
Diseases of blood vessels and blood
In some cases, ulcerous rash may appear on the soles of the feet, which indicates the presence of severe pathology of the circulatory system. It is also often formed rashes in the form of hemorrhages, bruises, petechiae, which may indicate the development of thrombocytopenic purpura, which is caused by a decrease in blood levels of platelets. Thus rashes are asymmetric, they can be in various places, the certain site have no.
With hemorrhagic vasculitis, there is a red rash in the child on the shins and feet. Rashes can merge with each other, rise above the skin. The disease is accompanied by intoxication and arthralgia.
Eruptions associated with hygiene disorders
Often a rash may appear as a result of non-compliance with hygiene standards:
- Sweating is characterized by the appearance of whitish-colored bubbles, occurs when the child overheats in the summer when he is wrapped up in warm clothing. Treatment does not require.
- Intermittent arises also due to violation of hygiene standards. They are caused by eruptions in the form of red sores and erosions.
- Dermatitis appears due to untimely bathing of the baby. Since babies have very sensitive skin, it reacts to any defects in care.
Other disorders of
There are other disorders that lead to the appearance of rashes on the feet. These include:
- Psoriasis and eczema, in which appears a red rash in the child with peeling or bubbles with fluid. Vesicles burst and form crusts. Itching and burning are observed.
- Insect bites are characterized by rashes in the form of a chain of small bubbles. Characteristic of the itching. There is a strong reddening of the skin, and in some cases, swelling.
- Fungal diseases can manifest as a bubble and rash on the feet and toes. Sometimes they turn into ulcers, there is itching, an unpleasant smell and burning sensation. At the same time on the skin there are always cracks, inflammations and vesicles.
- Pseudotuberculosis occurs in children who are more than six months old. At the same time, the children's socks suffer. They develop a rash of pink and blue without burning and itching.
- Neurodermatitis is characterized by the formation of rashes on the feet in the form of papules of red color, filled with liquid. There is itching, which is worse at night. If the papules are combed, the skin becomes inflamed.
- Rheumatic fever occurs after a child has recovered from a sore throat. This ailment is caused by the appearance of a red rash on the feet of the , arms and buttocks in the form of rings.
- Warts often occur on the soles of children. They have the appearance of white solid formations that can cause pain. In some cases, they pass by themselves.
First of all, parents should observe whether the general condition of the child has changed after the appearance of the rash. If the condition has not changed, do not be nervous. It is necessary to show the baby to the doctor, as only he can put the correct diagnosis and prescribe a treatment. To diagnose rashes, methods such as dermatoscopy, biopsy and scraping are used. Laboratory tests will help to make an accurate diagnosis. The causes of rashes in children can be different, including serious diseases.
Treatment should be performed only by a doctor. Doctors can be called at home, while treating the rash before it comes is not recommended. If this is a manifestation of an allergy, then antihistamines are prescribed. In this case, it is necessary immediately to exclude contact with the stimulus. If the rash on the feet of a child is caused by other diseases, then the underlying disease is treated, the immune system is strengthened. In severe infectious diseases, hospitalization is indicated. The doctor prescribes antibiotics, vitamins and other means. When biting insects, certain ointments and creams, herbal baths, lotions can be prescribed. In any case, one should not engage in self-medication, as this can lead to irreversible consequences. Folk methods of therapy do not always cope with the problem, which can lead to the development of serious complications right up to a lethal outcome. If you suspect a meningococcus, you need to call an ambulance.
The choice of medication will depend on the cause of the rash:
- When the rash on the feet is accompanied by dry skin, apply moisturizing creams and care products.
- With foot edema, the baths are made from a solution of boric acid.
- Of antihistamines, allergies are prescribed "Suprastin", "Tavegil", "Erius" and others. If the allergic reaction is accompanied by severe itching, hormonal ointments, for example "Lokoid" or "Advantan", can be used. They are used no more than five days when the itch is healed.
- To increase the body's resistance, vitamins and immunomodulators are prescribed, physiotherapy with the use of radon or hydrogen sulfide baths.
- In the acute period, desensitizing agents are used, they are administered intramuscularly.
- With neurodermatitis treatment is prescribed with the use of tranquilizers and sedatives.
- According to the indications, antibiotics, antifungal and antiviral agents are prescribed.
Compliance with the diet
It is very important to follow a diet for rashes. When allergic reactions from the menu exclude spicy foods, nuts, chocolate, citrus and fish. Also you can not use honey, strawberries, tomatoes, eggs. All these activities are carried out, because rash on the feet of a child can cause highly allergenic foods and to eliminate unpleasant symptoms you need to follow a diet.
One of the conditions for the prevention of rashes is the timely vaccination of the child. Carrying out all the necessary vaccinations makes it possible to avoid the emergence of various dangerous diseases, so the body must be protected from viruses and bacteria. But in this case it is necessary to remember the possible appearance of a negative reaction to the vaccine.
For allergies, it is recommended that you follow a diet, excluding certain foods from the diet. Clothing should be chosen from high-quality natural materials. Parents are advised not to use perfume in the house, not to have pets and plants if their child is prone to allergic reactions. Children need to give vitamin preparations to improve immunity. All methods of prevention should be checked and agreed with the pediatrician. This is the only way to protect a child from an invisible danger.
Thus, any rash on the feet of a child , which can not be identified, is a cause for concern. It is important to remember: a sensitive child organism is most often infected. The formation of rashes can be a sign of the development of dangerous diseases, so you need to immediately consult a doctor. The appearance of the rash will tell the experienced doctor about the seriousness of the processes that occur in the child's body. Correctly diagnose the cause yourself can only be with allergies and violations of hygiene rules, in all other cases, the unprofessional approach will only harm the health. Parents are advised not to experiment with the health of their babies!