Rash on the palms and soles of the child: possible causes and characteristics of treatment
If the baby feels well, the appearance of a rash on his body should cause concern to the parents. It can occur with various diseases. In this case, it is necessary to determine exactly the cause of the rashes. Why there is a rash on the palms and soles of the child? Let's look into this.
What is the rash?
Rashes on the palms and soles of the feet in children may look different:
- in some cases on the palms of the bubbles appear, inside which the liquid is contained;
- if there is pus in the rash, then they are called pustules;
- when rashes have a rough character and stand out against the background of the skin, then in this case blisters are diagnosed;
- in the presence of nodular elements, they are called papules;
- is a small skin rash called spot;
- with deep damage to the skin and with discharge from it, diagnose erosion or skin ulcers.
When a rash occurs in a child, only a doctor can determine its appearance and prescribe the right therapy.
What should I look for?
If a rash is found on the palms and soles of the child, attention should be paid to its state of health, because it can occur:
- Increased body temperature.
- Discharge from the nose.
- Cough, nausea, vomiting.
- Pain in the abdomen or throat.
- State of lethargy.
Eruptions may occur all over the body of the child. If these symptoms appear, consult a doctor.
Causes of rash
Causes and symptoms of rash on the palms and soles of the child are as follows:
- Scabies .Various elements of the rash appear on the feet and palms: vesicles with fluid, abscesses, red spots and growths. With any kind of eruption, a strong itch appears, which can intensify at night. To reduce symptoms, it is necessary to lubricate the affected areas with special preparations.
- Urticaria .Rapidly occurring tubercles appear throughout the body and even on mucous membranes. Duration - from several hours to several days. This is how the body reacts to medicines, foods and other allergens.
- Pyoderma .The child feels fine. Redness can form pustules, which, bursting, create a crust of gray color. Then it disappears without leaving any traces. The disease requires special treatment to prevent the development of severe complications.
- Eczema .There is a rash on the palms and feet, as well as on the face, neck and other parts of the body. Rashes, puffiness and the appearance of cracks join the rashes. The child is nervous and crying.
If the wounds fester and bleed, then you should immediately contact a specialist.
What are the causes of allergies and rashes on the palms and soles of the child and adult? The main factors for the appearance of these symptoms include:
- Poor ecology. Low-quality drinking water.
- Location near the place of residence of harmful industries. Excessive use of medicines( antibiotics).
- Low-quality household chemicals and hygiene products.
Factors that cause allergies can be many, the main task - to identify the irritant and protect him from the patient.
When a rash occurs on the feet of an adult,
- has pronounced redness;
- unbearable itching;
- swelling of the feet.
In some cases, the adult has a fever, a change in stool occurs.
Allergies on the feet of a child can cause:
- Dairy products.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Cat or dog hair.
- Insect bites.
Rash on the palms of the toddlers is like a nettle burn. To engage in self-medication in such cases is dangerous. Only an allergist can prescribe the correct treatment.
Combing rashes is forbidden so that they do not burst and there is no infection in the wound.
Rash caused by infection
In some cases, rashes on the palms and feet and temperature can be caused by infection. Many diseases occur with rashes, which are joined by other symptoms. Types of infectious diseases:
- Measles. A large rash covers the whole body of the child, including the hands and feet. The spots in some places merge with each other. Together with the eruptions there is a cough, high fever, photophobia.
- Rubella. Initially, a pale pink rash appears on the face, and then spreads throughout the body. There is a slight fever, pain in the joints and an increase in lymph nodes. Scarlet fever
- .Rash in the form of small dots. Appears on the face and body. Pain in the throat, enlarged lymph nodes.
- Chicken pox. Rashes in the form of vesicles, in which there is a transparent liquid inside. The rash begins with the face and hair, and then spreads throughout the body.
- Meningitis. The rash may be different - from small bruises to huge hemorrhages. Rashes all over the body. Severe condition, headache, vomiting, fever.
In addition to infectious diseases, there are diseases caused by fungi. The most common lesions of the skin include:
- Epidermophytia. The disease is caused by excessive sweating of the feet. A rash arises between the toes, a strong itch is felt, redness appears.
- Rubrophytia. There is a small red rash on the palms and soles of the baby. Sometimes bubbles appear that turn into erosion. There is peeling of the skin.
All skin rashes should be diagnosed by a doctor, only in this case will the child's health improve.
If your baby has a delicate skin, he develops eruptions on his feet, palms and buttocks. A rash of pale pink color occurs throughout the body and causes itching.
To reduce the symptoms of sweating, you must:
- bathe the child in warm water, at least 2 times a day;
- maintain the optimum room temperature;
- dress the baby only in natural fabrics;
- make air baths.
With the help of such methods it is possible to reduce the appearance of sweat on the baby's skin and get rid of rashes.
Features of treatment of a rash in a newborn
Breast age requires special attention and care. The skin is an indicator of the health and well-being of the baby, who can not tell or somehow indicate a worrisome condition.
Any rashes on the skin that are accompanied by a temperature in a child of this age should be carefully examined by the pediatrician.
New products in the newborn's nutrition can cause rashes on the feet and palms of the baby, their appearance or enhancement. For infants, Quincke's edema is dangerous, complications in the respiratory and digestive systems.
When treating a newborn, parents should pay attention to a rash, a fever and additional symptoms.
In any case, in the treatment of rashes in the baby are important for all the parameters of his body, as well as the environment. The rash may not be a dangerous phenomenon, but may be a sign of a serious illness.
What to do with the rash?
When rashes on the palms and soles of the feet, the right treatment is prescribed by the doctor. The rash can not be cured by phone. Only an individual examination of the child will determine the cause of its appearance. The treatment is as follows:
- No treatment is prescribed if there is a viral illness.
- If the rashes are caused by bacteria, antibiotics are prescribed.
- With allergies, it is necessary to identify the allergen and conduct therapy with antihistamines.
- In case of scabies, a dermatologist prescribes the necessary medicines.
- In case of vascular diseases, the diagnosis and treatment of a hematologist is made.
To remove the itching, which often accompanies a rash, the doctor can prescribe special ointments and creams.
When is a doctor urgently needed?
Call the doctor if, in addition to the rash on the palms and feet, the child has the following symptoms:
- high temperature, sometimes more than 40 degrees;
- on the skin there is an unbearable itch that spreads throughout the body;
- causes vomiting and severe headache;
- confusion of consciousness and speech;
- on the skin appear hemorrhages with uneven edges in the form of asterisks, with no itching;
- causes swelling and shortness of breath.
Before the doctor's arrival a child does not need to be fed, but it is allowed to drink abundantly. At temperatures above 38.5 degrees it is necessary to give an antipyretic agent. The room should respect the optimum air temperature and humidity. The child must be dressed in natural cloth.
Prevention of rash
To ensure that treatment prescribed by a doctor is effective, the child needs to be fed with dishes that are allowed with a strict diet. It is especially important to observe this condition if the rashes are caused by food allergy. From the diet of the child should be removed honey, chocolate, eggs, fish and seafood. During the treatment of the disease, it is necessary to exclude smoked, sharp and fried foods.
In the diet of the child should include sour-milk products, vegetable soups, vegetables, boiled potatoes, etc.
It is recommended to constantly walk with the baby on the street. It is necessary to protect it from stressful situations. Wash your feet and hands thoroughly.
The main prevention of infectious diseases that cause a rash is vaccination. Conducting vaccinations according to the calendar helps the baby's organism to cope with the infection more easily, and sometimes completely avoid it.
Rashes on the feet and palms are not always a threat to the life and health of the child. But if there are any menacing symptoms and a worsening of the condition, immediately seek qualified medical help. Only after the examination, conducting an additional examination, a specialist will be able to prescribe an effective treatment.
Calling the pediatrician is best at home so that there is no worsening of the child's condition, as well as contamination of the surrounding infection. Parents need to observe the vaccination schedule and during the vaccination of the baby. Thanks to them, the child will be completely protected from serious diseases and dangerous infections.