Inflammatory diseases of respiratory tracts are especially common in the autumn-winter season. Most often, such pathological conditions are observed in children.
To prevent your body from getting sick, you need to regularly drink vitamins, eat well and exercise.
If the prevention of influenza and seasonal colds does not help you, then we recommend using a drug such as "Inspiron".For children and adult patients, this medication is available in various forms. In which, we will tell a little further.
Composition, description, packaging and form
The preparation "Inspiron" can be purchased in two forms:
- Tablets are white, biconvex, round, coated. The active component of this agent is fenspiride hydrochloride. In addition, the drug contains additional substances in the form of calcium hydrogen phosphate, colloidal silicon dioxide, dihydrate, povidone, hypromelose, magnesium stearate and a mixture of Opadry. You can buy this medicine in blisters and in packs of cardboard, respectively.
- Suspension "Inspiron".Syrup for oral administration has a light yellow color( can be colorless), as well as a specific flavor. In the medicinal liquid, slight opalescence is allowed. The active ingredient of this agent is fenspiride hydrochloride. As for the additional ingredients, the following substances are used as them: licorice root extract, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sugar, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, glycerin, potassium sorbate, vanillin, honey-lime scent, sodium saccharin and water. The medication goes on sale in vials, which are placed in packs of thick paper.
Pharmacodynamics of the drug
How does the medicine "Inspiron" work? Tablets and syrup have anti-inflammatory and anti-bronchoconstrictive properties, which are caused by the following mechanisms:
- inhibition of histamine H1 receptors, which contributes to a relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the bronchi;
- anti-inflammatory effect, leading to a decrease in the synthesis of a number of anti-inflammatory factors( cytokines, TNF-a, thromboxane, free radicals, leukotrienes, arachidonic acid metabolites, prostaglandins) that produce a bronchoconstrictor effect;
- suppression of alpha-1-adrenergic receptors, stimulating the production of viscous mucus in the bronchi.
Kinetics of the preparation
Instruction of "Inspiron" informs that the maximum content of this drug in the blood is reached after 6 hours after its use.
The half-life of the active ingredient is 12 hours. It is allocated with urine.
Indications for taking medication
In what diseases is prescribed such a medicine as "Inspiron"?Syrup and tablets are recommended for reception for:
- symptomatic therapy for whooping cough;
- treatment of inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract and ENT organs of acute and chronic nature( for example, sinusitis, rhinitis, otitis, tracheitis, rhinotraheobronchitis, rhinopharyngitis, bronchitis), as well as obstructive lung diseases( chronic form) and as part of complex therapy of bronchialasthma;
- eliminating the respiratory symptoms of measles and influenza;
- elimination of allergic rhinitis of all types, as well as other manifestations of hypersensitivity reactions on the part of the respiratory system and ENT organs.
Contraindications to medication use
The medicine "Inspiron" against cough and other diseases is forbidden to be given to pregnant women, with increased sensitivity to its components and breastfeeding.
It should also be noted that the drug in the form of a syrup is contraindicated for people with intolerance to galactose, a lack of lactase and a syndrome of glucose-galactose malabsorption.
Detailed instructions for "Inspiron"( tablets)
Any form of this drug should be taken orally after eating.
Daily dosage of tablets "Inspiron", which is used for the treatment of chronic diseases, - 1 tablet twice a day.
To strengthen the action of the drug in the treatment of acute pathological conditions, it is recommended to use three tablets three times a day.
The duration of this medication depends on the disease clinic and is decided on an individual basis only by the attending physician.
The way of using medicinal syrup
The instruction of "Inspiron" says that the preparation in the form of suspension is prescribed to children from 2 years of age. It is recommended to take inwards in a dosage of 2-4 mg per kg of body weight. In this case, the total amount of the drug is divided into three doses.
When a child weighs less than 10 kg, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 20-40 mg( 10-20 ml of syrup) three times a day. At a weight of more than 10 kg the drug should be taken in an amount of 60-120 mg( 30-60 ml) three times a day.
As for adolescents aged 12 and adults, they are prescribed a daily dose of 90-180 mg( 45-90 ml of suspension) per day( divided into three doses).
The duration of treatment with syrup depends on the clinic of the disease and is determined by the doctor on an individual basis.
Side effects of
Can the drug "Inspiron" cause undesired reactions? Tablets and syrup rarely cause the appearance of negative effects. Although in some cases, the following events can still develop in patients:
- nausea, stomach pain, digestive disorders, diarrhea and vomiting;
- erythema, Quincke's edema, rash, erythema pigmentosa, pruritus and urticaria;
- sinus tachycardia, which usually occurs after dosage adjustment;
- fatigue and weakness.
Symptoms of an overdose of
Instructions of "Inspiron" informs that this preparation should be taken in strictly dosage recommended by the doctor. If you neglect this advice, the patient may experience signs of overdose such as agitation, drowsiness, vomiting, sinus tachycardia and nausea.
To eliminate the listed phenomena, the victim is washed with a stomach, and also conduct an electrocardiogram and symptomatic therapy.
Drug compatibility with other drugs
This drug is not recommended to be combined with alcoholic beverages, as well as sedatives. Otherwise, it can cause sedation.
Therapy with Inspiron does not replace antibiotic treatment.
Due to the fact that the medicine in the form of a syrup contains sugar, it is forbidden to give it to patients with diabetes mellitus, as well as people who observe a low-calorie diet( in one dessert spoon of "Inspiron" contains about 3 g of sugar).In addition, this drug with extreme caution should be used by drivers of vehicles and those whose work is associated with the management of dangerous and complex mechanisms.
Shelf life, terms of sale and storage
You can buy tablets or syrup "Inspiron" in the pharmacy without a prescription. This product should be protected from children, and stored in a package at a temperature of up to 26 degrees.
Shelf life of the drug in question is 24 months.
The medicine "Inspiron": analogues and the price of
If there are contraindications to taking "Inspiron", doctors recommend replacing it with one of the following means: Bronchomax, Erespal, Fosidal, Amispiron IC.
It should be specially noted that these drugs may have completely different side effects, dosages and contraindications. Therefore, before receiving them, you should read the instructions.
The price of this medicine varies within 200 rubles.
Reviews of consumers about the drug
The patients' reviews of syrup and tablets "Inspiron" are very similar. According to their reports, this medication copes well with the task. It quite quickly eliminates the symptoms of respiratory infections.
As for negative reviews, they are usually associated with the frequent occurrence of allergic reactions. Also, patients often complain about the unpleasant smell and taste of the drug.