Undifferentiated arthritis: causes, symptoms and treatment
Undifferentiated arthritis( ICD 10) is a serious disease affecting the joints. This type of arthritis is difficult to treat, primarily because of its unpredictability, but it is necessary to try to achieve a stable remission, because the joints are the organs that allow the body to be an entire organism, and the violation of their work significantly limits the freedom of action of a person.
Undifferentiated arthritis is a fairly common disease. Problems with joints cloud the lives of a huge number of people around the world. Only in our country about one in eight residents suffer from them. The saddest thing is that arthritis and arthrosis can provoke the development of concomitant diseases associated with the limitation of mobility: hernia, scoliosis, spondylosis, loss of the ability to move and act by hand.
Why arises non-differentiated arthritis?
The human immune system is a complex mechanism that protects the entire body from the entry of pathogenic bacteria and viruses. It produces special antibodies that destroy foreign microorganisms.
However, sometimes in the debugged operation of this system there is a failure, and then the antibodies from the allies turn into enemies. They begin to destroy the cells of connective tissue, striking the joints. So undifferentiated arthritis appears.
As a result, affected tissues begin to deform, causing human suffering. In addition, often such changes become pathological, leading to the formation of tumors, both benign and malignant, that is, oncology appears.
A very frequent question, asked by the sick, concerns which doctor treats arthritis. This is done by rheumatologists and arthrologists.
The causes of undifferentiated arthritis are not fully defined, the course of the disease is difficult to predict, therefore, only suggestions are made that it can provoke its development:
- is a disordered genetics - a predilection for diseases of this type can be inherited;
- a long stay in the cold often causes inflammation of the joints, as a consequence - arthritis, including undifferentiated;
- excess weight and pregnancy increase the load on the joints and their deformation;
- stresses can disrupt the hormonal balance, and this, in turn, causes softening and other connective tissue problems( so there is undifferentiated arthritis, the symptoms we'll consider below);
- viral infections, allergies and various inflammations always give a complication to the joints, even if it does not immediately manifest;
- autoimmune diseases affecting production = -antibodies;
- joint injury, regular exercise in heavy physical labor or sport, too heavily loaded with fragile cartilage.
Undifferentiated arthritis is so called because during its course any joint of the body can be affected, while other types of arthritis only strike the joints in certain zones. Affected joints swell and become inflamed, become hot to the touch, the skin over them may turn red. There are strong painful sensations. Movements become difficult and also cause pain.
There is often a fever with chills and fever. Then deformation of the joints occurs, they are bent, become knotty and partially or completely lose their mobility. This form of the disease entails the appointment of a disability.
This is dangerous arthritis. Symptoms and treatment are often interrelated.
At the disposal of modern medicine there are many means by which the diagnosis can be confirmed or denied. Specialists of rheumatologists and arthrologists usually prescribe a complete examination in order to collect as complete anamnesis as possible in order to exclude errors:
- X-ray examination, allowing to see if changes in tissues have already begun;
- computed tomography;
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- general and biochemical blood tests;
- immunological examination of blood;
- stool analysis;
- general urinalysis;
- puncture of the joint - arthroscopy - involves the extraction of intraarticular fluid and its study.
So arthritis is revealed. Symptoms and treatment are closely related. Success depends on this.
Treatment with traditional medicine
All prescriptions should be directed to complex therapy:
- pain relief of problem joints;
- removal of inflammation and swelling;
- slowing or stopping the development of connective tissue damage;
- elimination of the provoking factors of the disease;
- prevention of the spread of foci of the disease;
- achieving remission.
1. First of all, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and medications on their basis are prescribed: Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Nimesulide and others. In addition to rapid removal of inflammation, they also greatly alleviate the painful manifestations of undifferentiated arthritis. Preparations of this group are good because they have few contraindications and side effects, that is, they can be taken to a wide range of patients. In the event that all the same NSAID appointment is impossible, glucocorticosteroids are used - hormone drugs.
2. Chondroprotectors are prescribed to strengthen the joint tissues( cartilages and bones).They partially stop the development of the disease, promote the regeneration of damaged joints, prevent repeated attacks of the disease. The most common chondroprotectors are "Glucosamine" and "Chondroitin" - they normalize the production of healthy synovial fluid in the joints and serve as a material for restoring damaged tissues. Due to the fact that the elasticity of the joints rises, motor functions return to them.
If the development of the disease has gone so far that medical treatment does not help, the doctor can decide to surgically intervene and replace the joint surgically. This operation is called endoprosthetics.
Treatment of joints with folk remedies at home
At the very beginning of the disease, the use of herbs for the treatment of undifferentiated arthritis proved to be very successful. With their help, you can not only achieve persistent and long-term remission, but also cure the ailment. The following herbs are recommended for use:
1. Willow bark.5 grams of a glass of boiling water, to insist 10 minutes, take 2 times a day. You can not add sweeteners. The period of treatment is 10-14 days. Here we must separately note the white willow, which eliminates pain and inflammation, is taken in capsules of 100 mg per day.
2. Tincture of comfrey on alcohol well removes edema and inflammatory processes, as a result of which painful manifestations decrease.
3. Turmeric is one of the best anti-inflammatory drugs of traditional medicine. In a day, usually take 400 mg of turmeric on an empty stomach, adding "Bromelain 1000".Turmeric is sold in some pharmacies in the form of capsules, which facilitates the reception.
4. Horsetail is a natural chondroprotector, helps absorb calcium, restores damaged cartilage and bone tissue. It takes 3 capsules a day for 2 weeks. Essential horsetail oil can be added to the bath to reduce swelling of the joints. Here we must take into account that essential oil must first be dissolved in an emulsifier - milk, honey, cream, sea or table salt, any base or vegetable oil, sugar.
5. Fresh ginger, like turmeric, perfectly mutes the inflammatory processes. His tinder on the grater and brew 1 teaspoon of pulp with boiling water. You can add honey and lemon.
6. Angelica root is used as a compress on the joints to relieve pain and spasms. Essential oil is also added to the water when taking a bath.
7. A teaspoon of burdock root for a glass of boiling water - such a remedy will help against swollen joints, effectively removing swelling.
8. Edema, pain and inflammation will remove the comfrey oil. Lubricating the affected areas, you can quickly get the desired result.
9. The action of the nettle is similar to the action of horsetail, so you can take a tool that will be easier to find.
All this treatment of joints with folk remedies, at home which is quite possible for everyone.
The most important thing is to get rid of bad habits. Smoking is the first way to "kill" joints. Under the influence of nicotine, connective tissue undergoes destruction, and antibodies do not have time to restore it.
Approximately the same applies to strong coffee, consumed in large quantities - more than 4-5 cups a day. It flushes calcium from the joints and bones, causing them to become brittle and brittle.
Alcohol promotes the development of inflammation and causes cartilage deformation. Certainly, a glass of wine or a stack of vodka will not harm the body, but regular consumption of hot drinks will quickly and qualitatively make a person disabled.
Excess weight in itself is a threat to the health of joints, and because of it immunity is often weakened, which allows pathogenic bacteria and microbes to penetrate and damage tissues. Influenza in severe form, intestinal infections and diseases of the genital area can lead to serious complications in the joints.
We have analyzed in detail such a disease as undifferentiated arthritis. What it is, has become more understandable.
Diet for arthritis
To avoid illness, it is not necessary to sit on a strict diet. Enough to include in the diet of vegetables and fruits - nutritionists recommend eating 4-5 servings( pieces) per day. Fiber, located in them, regulates the process of digestion and helps to increase the digestibility of vitamins and minerals. Cereals enrich the body with the necessary energy and help maintain a normal weight. Sour-milk products are suppliers of such necessary calcium. And that it is better absorbed, it is necessary to eat the liver, especially the liver of cod, legumes, cocoa, fish, greens and eggs, as well as spices such as poppy seeds and sesame seeds.
If undifferentiated arthritis is identified, the prognosis is usually good, but everything will depend on the timeliness of the treatment.
To prevent the onset of the disease, you do not need to do anything supernatural. The right way of life and rational nutrition will help to always remain healthy and avoid not only arthritis, but also many other unpleasant diseases. Then do not have to wonder about which doctor treats arthritis.