Types of feces. Bristol feces scale scale
Our stool can tell a lot about our health. The shape and types of feces help to recognize what is happening inside the body. When our intestines are healthy, then the stool should be normal. If, nevertheless, sometimes you notice episodic cases of unhealthy feces, do not sound an alarm, it depends on the food. But if the symptoms become regular, you need to see a doctor, take tests and undergo a prescribed examination.
What should be the feces of
Normal normal feces is considered if it has a toothpaste consistency. It should be soft, brown, 10-20 cm long. Defecation should occur without special stress, easily. Small deviations from this description should not disturb immediately. The chair( or feces) can vary from a way of life, errors in a feed. Beetroot gives a red color at the output, and fatty food makes the stool foul-smelling, too soft and pop-up. You need to be able to independently evaluate all the characteristics( shape, color, consistency, buoyancy), let's talk about this in more detail.
Feces vary in color. It can be brown( healthy color), red, green, yellow, white, black:
- Red .Such color can arise as a result of the intake of food colorings or beets. In other cases, red stool becomes due to bleeding in the lower part of the intestine. Most all are afraid of cancer, but often this may be due to the manifestation of diverticulitis or hemorrhoids.
- Green color of .A sign of the presence of bile. Too quickly moving along the intestines, the feces do not have time to take a brown color. Green shade is the result of taking iron or antibiotics, consuming a large amount of greenery rich in chlorophyll, or additives such as wheatgrass, chlorella, spirulina. Dangerous causes of green feces are Crohn's disease, celiac disease or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Yellow .Yellow feces are a sign of infection. It also indicates dysfunction of the gallbladder, when bile is not enough and there are excess fat.
- White color feces is a sign of diseases such as hepatitis, bacterial infection, cirrhosis, pancreatitis, cancer. The cause may be stones in the gallbladder. Do not stain the stool due to bile obstruction. The fecal white color can be considered safe if you took barium before x-ray examination the day before.
- Black color or dark green indicates possible bleeding in the upper intestine. A non-dangerous sign is considered if it is a consequence of eating some foods( lots of meat, dark vegetables) or iron.
The form of stool can also tell a lot about internal health. Thin feces( reminiscent of a pencil) should alert. Perhaps some obstacle prevents passage in the lower part of the intestine or there is pressure from the outside to the thick section. It can be any kind of neoplasm. In this case, it is necessary to perform a colonoscopy to exclude a diagnosis like cancer.
Solid and small feces indicate constipation. The reason may be an inadequate diet where fiber is excluded. In food, you need to eat foods that are high in fiber, exercise, take flaxseed or psyllium husks - all contribute to improving bowel motility, easing the stool.
Too soft feces that clings to the toilet bowl contains too much oil. This indicates that the body does not absorb it well. You can even notice the floating oil drops. In this case, it is necessary to check the condition of the pancreas.
In small doses, mucus in feces is a normal phenomenon. But if it is too much, this may indicate the presence of ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease.
Other characteristics of
According to its characteristics, the feces of an adult are directly related to lifestyle and nutrition. What is the cause of an unpleasant smell? Pay attention to the fact that you eat more often. The offensive odor is also associated with the administration of certain medicines, it can manifest itself as a symptom of some inflammatory process. In the case of eating disorders( Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis, celiac disease), this symptom is also manifested.
Pop-up feces should not be a cause for concern. If the pop up stool has a too unpleasant smell, contains a lot of fat, this is a symptom of poor absorption of nutrients in the intestine. At the same time, body weight is quickly lost.
The coprogram is. ..
Hymus, or food gruel, moves through the gastrointestinal tract, the feces of the mass form in the large intestine. At all stages, splitting occurs, followed by absorption of nutrients. The composition of the chair helps determine if there are any abnormalities in the internal organs. Coprological research helps to identify a variety of diseases. A coprogram is a chemical, macroscopic, microscopic study, after which a detailed description of the feces is given. Certain diseases can reveal a coprogram. These can be disorders of the stomach, pancreas, intestines;inflammatory processes in the digestive tract, dysbacteriosis, malabsorption, colitis.
British doctors at the Royal Hospital in Bristol have developed a simple but unique scale that characterizes all the major types of feces. The creation of it was the result of the fact that the experts were faced with the problem that people are reluctant to disclose on this topic, the embarrassment prevents them from telling in detail about their chair. According to the developed drawings it became very easy without self-embarrassment and self-awareness to characterize own emptying. Currently, the Bristol scale of feces is used around the world to assess the performance of the digestive system. For many, printing a table( types of feces) on a wall in your own toilet is nothing more than a way to monitor your health.
1st type. Sheep feces
It is called so because it has the shape of hard balls and resembles the feces of sheep. If for animals this is a normal result of intestinal work, then for a person such a chair is a signal of alarm. Sheep pellets are a sign of constipation, dysbiosis. Hard feces can cause hemorrhoids, damage to the anus and even lead to intoxication of the body.
2nd type. Thick sausage
What does the feces look like? This is also a sign of constipation. Only in this case there are bacteria and fibers in mass. It takes several days to form such a sausage. Its thickness exceeds the width of the anus, so emptying is difficult and can lead to cracks and ruptures, hemorrhoids. It is not recommended to prescribe for yourself laxatives, as the sharp output of stool can be very painful.
3rd type. Sausage with cracks
Very often people consider this chair to be normal, because it passes easily. But do not be mistaken. Hard sausage is also a sign of constipation. With the act of defecation, you have to strain, which means there is a possibility of anal fissures. In this case, the presence of irritable bowel syndrome is possible.
4th type. Ideal chair
Diameter of the sausage or snake - 1-2 cm, the stool is smooth, soft, easy to give pressure. Regular stools once a day.
5th type. Soft balls
This type is even better than the previous one. Several soft pieces are formed, which softly come out. Usually occurs with a rich intake of food. Stool several times a day.
Type 6.Unformed stool
Cal leaves pieces, but unformed, with lacerated edges. Leaves easily, without hurting the anus. This is not a diarrhea, but a condition close to it. The causes of this kind of stool can be laxatives, increased blood pressure, excessive consumption of spices, and mineral water.
7th type. Liquid chair
Watery stool that does not include any particles. Diarrhea requiring the identification of causes and treatment. This is an abnormal state of the body that needs treatment. There can be many reasons: fungi, infections, allergies, poisoning, liver and stomach diseases, malnutrition, helminths and even stresses. In this case, do not postpone the visit to the doctor.
Act of defecation
Each organism is characterized by an individual frequency of defecation. Normally, it is three times a day to three bowel movements a week. Ideally - once a day. Many factors affect the motility of our intestines, and this should not cause concern. Travel, nervous tension, diet, taking certain medications, diseases, surgery, childbirth, exercise, sleep, hormonal changes - all this can be reflected in our stool. It is worth paying attention to how the act of defecation occurs. If excessive efforts are made, then this indicates certain malfunctions in the body.
Cal in children
Many mothers are interested in what should be feces in babies. This factor is worth paying special attention, because at an early age, gastrointestinal diseases are particularly difficult. At the first suspicions to address to the pediatrist follows immediately.
In the first days after birth, meconium( dark color) emerges from the body. During the first three days, light feces begin to be mixed. On the 4th-5th day the feces completely replace meconium. In chest feeding, feces of golden yellow color - a sign of the presence of bilirubin, pasty-like, homogeneous, has an acid reaction. At the 4th month, bilirubin is gradually replaced by sterocobilin.
Types of feces in children
In various pathologies, several types of feces in children differ, which need to be known in order to prevent various diseases and unpleasant consequences in time.
- "Hungry" feces .Color black, dark green, dark brown, odor unpleasant. Occurs with improper feeding or starvation.
- Acholic feces .Whitish gray, discolored, clayey. With epidemic hepatitis, atresia of the biliary tract.
- Putrefactive .Kashitsyobrazny, dirty-gray, with an unpleasant smell. Occurs when protein feeding.
- Soapy .Silvery, shiny, soft, with mucus. When feeding is not diluted with cow's milk.
- Fat stool .With a sour smell, whitish, a little slime. When consuming excess fat.
- Constipation of .Gray color, firm consistency, putrid smell.
- Watery yellow feces .When breastfeeding because of a lack of milk in the mother of nutrients.
- Mash-like, sparse stool , yellow. Formed in an overabundance of porridge feeding( for example, manna).
- Cal at dyspepsia .With slime, coagulated, yellow-green in color. Occurs when a disorder is present in the diet.