Sesame for breastfeeding: useful properties and harm
Having born a child, a young mother does everything to ensure that her baby is healthy. But often the crumbs suffer from colic. That's why a woman should know exactly what she can eat, and what you have to give up. There are products that are written about very much, but there are also those, which are almost never talked about. At the moment, we will try to find the answer to the question: is it possible to sesame during breastfeeding?
What is a sesame
An annual herb from the family of the Oilseeds has such a name. Since ancient times it is used for the production of oil. Seeds of it are added to different dishes. Seeds of sesame are rich in vitamins. It is worth pointing out that it does not contain organic substances like A, C and D. But do not immediately, in this regard, refuse to use sesame when breastfeeding. This product is rich in Group B vitamins, it contains a large amount of nicotinic acid and niacin. What it is? The most effective regulator of cholesterol. Thanks to it, the arteries are cleared of bad plaques, the level of triglycerides and lipoprotein decreases in blood.
Nicotinic acid helps to convert fat and sugar into energy.
Still in sesame contains a large number of micro- and macro elements. Such as: calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, manganese, copper. Now, when you hear what the plant is, you can decide whether you need sesame during breastfeeding. Komarovsky, a pediatrician, advises not to give up this product. It is a deposit of calcium, which is very easily absorbed by the body and so necessary for children.
There are several varieties of sesame. The main difference between them is the color of the seeds. They can be: white, black, brown, yellow. It is believed that the more saturated the color, the better the quality and aroma:
- Black. Knowledgeable people say that it is a component of the elixir of immortality. And these are not empty words. This species is very useful. It is believed that thanks to him you can keep youth. Seeds of this variety are the strongest antioxidants. To the pluses it can be attributed a strong and pleasant aroma.
- White. This species can often be found on the shelves of shops. By its useful properties, it is almost inferior to the black "brother".Its color is the result of polishing. This variety serves as an excellent decoration for confectionery products. Probably often met on the shelves of biscuits with sesame. When breastfeeding it can be eaten, but not in large quantities.
Council of specialists: for consumption in raw form, it is best to buy dark varieties.
The benefits of sesame
The product was praised, and now we will focus on how it will benefit the young mother and her baby. As already mentioned above, provisions contain a large amount of calcium. It provides the stock of this element to the body of a woman. Kid this substance is also necessary. He grows, develops, and calcium helps him in this. Sesame in breastfeeding enriches mother's milk with all the necessary substances for the normal development of crumbs.
No need to eat handfuls til. To get the necessary amount of calcium, one teaspoon per day is enough. If you use it daily, then within a month the woman will see that her hair, teeth, and skin look better. With ease, it tolerates infections, thus strengthening the immune system. The gastrointestinal tract works perfectly. In short, nothing prevents you from enjoying motherhood. In addition, the use of sesame improves not only lactation, but also increases the value of breast milk. In addition, it has an excellent anti-inflammatory property that will help a young mother avoid problems with the mammary glands.
We use correctly
All of the above useful properties of sesame will only benefit if you use the product correctly. Do not immediately eat it often and a lot. In fact all good too should be in moderation. Although this product does not cause allergic reactions, but on the health of mom and baby can affect negatively. Sesame during breastfeeding, consumed in large quantities, can cause nausea and vomiting. This applies to both mother and child. It happens that a woman feels great, and a baby begins to be capricious.
You do not need to eat seeds with handfuls, it's enough that you add them to salad or your favorite pastries.
To prevent the baby from starting colic, it will be enough for the mother of a teaspoon of valuable food per day. And one more reminder, these seeds must be thoroughly chewed. Only in this case the body of a woman will receive nutrients in the maximum amount.
Like any woman, a young mother can not completely give up sweets. But in order not to cause harm to his child, he uses them with caution. Kozinaki from sesame with breastfeeding can afford, but carefully. The main thing is not to overdo it.
A valuable product
Now we will talk about another valuable product made from sesame. It's butter. It can also be used with breastfeeding. It contains a large number of microelements and vitamins. Used oil for dressing vegetable salads.
Another of its applications is hair masks. It's no secret that during childbirth a woman lost not only a lot of strength, but also nutrients. Here to tidy the hair, this remedy is used. It will help restore life to the hairline.
Seeds of sesame when breastfeeding can be replaced with oil. It will help restore the hormonal background, normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract, the nervous and cardiovascular system.
Sesame oil has a beneficial effect on the nervous system of crumbs. He becomes calmer, sleeps better, fights less and does not flinch at night.
What gets the body of the mother
Now let's talk in more detail about what the woman receives by using sesame during breastfeeding:
- Niacin. Thanks to him, the arteries are cleared, the cardiovascular system is strengthened. Calcium strengthens the bone system.
- Copper is involved in the breakdown of fats and metabolism. Helps strengthen the immune system.
- Potassium regulates blood balance, normalizes blood pressure, participates in protein-carbohydrate metabolism.
- Phosphorus synthesizes energy.
- Zinc works with skin cells.
- Iron fuels the immune system.
This is about micronutrients. Let's pass to vitamins:
- And - strengthens sight, rejuvenates a skin.
- B - stabilizes the nervous system.
- C - protects the body against the penetration of infections into it.
- D - supports the bone structure and participates in the assimilation of phosphorus and calcium.
- PP - involved in the process of vascular purification, normalizes the work of the heart.
Fiber, which is a part of sesame, helps the intestine to contract properly.
Sometimes the use of even a cracker with sesame when breastfeeding, not to mention seeds or oil, can provoke a problem. Despite all the above positive points, there are contraindications to sesame. You can not use it with thrombophlebitis and increased clotting of blood.
Eating sesame, the mother should monitor the condition of her baby.
If, after feeding the baby, started to vomit, then the mom has exceeded the norm or the baby has an individual intolerance to this product. In this case, the consumption of sesame will have to be abandoned. Again, you can return to it only in a month, starting to eat a little.
You can not consume sesame while eating rhubarb and sorrel dishes. This leads to poor assimilation of calcium and the development of urolithiasis. The same result is observed with simultaneous use of acetylsalicylic acid with sesame.
So, summing up all of the above, we will repeat once again how to properly use sesame when breastfeeding.
- Do not enter several new products at once.
- First, eat half a teaspoon and observe for a day the behavior of the crumbs, not forgetting about your condition.
- Continue to consume sesame in the same amount every other day.
- After two weeks you can eat every day on a teaspoon.
- Remember: sesame seeds need to be chewed before getting gruel, and then swallowed.