What can the smell of urine testify?
In healthy people, the smell of urine is almost not felt, and only with a fairly long standing there is a sharp, specific ammonia smell. During some diseases, accompanied by certain pathological processes, the chemical composition of this product of the human body is changed. It is these changes that lead to the appearance of "smelly" urine, although there are other factors that lead to this. So what else changes the smell of urine, the reasons for which can not cause much excitement? These reasons include the use( especially long-term) of a large number of certain foods, such as garlic, onions, spices, smoked products, alcohol, beer. To other not dangerous reasons, changing the smell of urine is insufficient intake of liquid. Above listed factors indicate that a person simply enough to change the diet. After adjusting the food, the smell of urine usually comes back to normal.
When a person is sick and takes some potent drugs, there may also be a change in the smell of urine, as many drugs are actively excreted through the genitourinary system. Usually, when you stop using drugs, the smell of urine normalizes.
If a person normally eats and does not use medicines, and a strong smell of urine manifests itself more sharply, a complete diagnosis of a person is necessary, since smell is considered one of the main indicators in the general analysis of urine. Recently, such changes in smell are even more likely to occur even in the youngest children, so it is necessary to control the process of urinating their children and, if necessary, immediately seek the advice of a doctor.
For possible reasons, odor changes include the following:
1. The most common case to date is the appearance of the odor of acetone that appears when a person develops a disease such as ketonuria. In this case, ketone bodies( beta-hydroxybutyric acid, acetone acetic acid, acetone) are present in the urine. This smell of urine can occur in diseases such as diabetes mellitus, infectious diseases, exhaustion, dehydration. Sometimes the urine of pregnant women smells of acetone.
2. A sharp smell of decomposition products occurs with infectious lesions caused by E. coli. They include urethritis, pyelonephritis and cystitis.
H. The odor of sweat in urine can occur in diseases such as isovaleric acidemia and glutaric acidemia, which are attributed to hereditary enzymopathies.
4. A purulent smell can appear when urine enters the urine in the event that there are fistulas between the purulent cavity in the body and the urinary system.
5. Mouse odor occurs with phenylketonuria, which is a genetic disorder accompanied by a disruption in the metabolism of an amino acid such as phenylalanine.
6. The smell of rotten fish appears with trimethylaminuria, also related to genetic diseases.
7. Cabbage smell indicates a violation of absorption of the amino acid methionine( malabsorption of methionine).
8. In some men, the musty smell of urine can be caused by prostatic adenoma, which makes urination difficult and "stagnation" of urine in the bladder, where inflammation occurs.
9. In women, odor changes often occur with thrush, cystitis and other gynecological diseases.
There are some other reasons that change the smell of urine. This symptom often becomes a signal about the occurrence of serious diseases, therefore, with such changes, it is urgent to seek medical advice. An accurate diagnosis will be made after all tests have been performed.