"Brilent": description of the drug, instruction. Analog "Brilint"
"Brilent" is a drug that has found wide application in cardiology and surgery, as it has antiplatelet and anticoagulant action. In most cases, it is used for the purpose of arresting attacks of angina( unstable form) and ischemic pain, and also as a preventive measure against bleeding just before the operation.
Composition and form of release
"Brilinta" is produced 90 mg( analogue also) in tablets. They are covered with a filmy coating of a yellowish hue. The form is round biconvex.
The main active component of the drug is ticagrelor. Among the excipients are:
- magnesium stearate;
- calcium hydrophosphate;
- sodium carboxymethyl starch;
The film, in turn, consists of hypromellose, talc, titanium dioxide, macrogol, dye( yellow oxide).
The main effect of the preparation
"Brilint" has an antiaggregant effect, that is, it prevents the aggregation of blood clots. As a result of the action of the main active component of the drug - ticagrelor - platelets lose the ability to stick together, and therefore form clots.
Numerous studies confirm the fact that the "Brilint" is more effective in combination with salicylic acid. Analogous statements and about the analogue of the "Brilint" - "Plavix."In these trials, patients with cardiovascular diseases of different age groups took part, taking into account their mass and sex.
The main goal of therapy with the use of this drug is to reduce the risk of death, which can be caused by malfunctioning of the cardiovascular system, in particular, angina pectoris and myocardial infarction.
Indications for use
Brilint reception is indicated if it is necessary to reduce blood clotting, including preventing the development of complications of cardiovascular diseases in the form of thrombosis and thromboembolism. That is why this drug is indicated with:
- unstable angina( this pathology is characterized by deterioration of blood circulation in the heart muscle, which threatens the development of a heart attack);
- myocardial infarction( death of one heart site);
- performing surgical operations on the coronary vessels of the cardiac muscle( with percutaneous coronary intervention or coronary artery bypass graft).
In addition to direct indications, at the discretion of the doctor, "Brilint" can be prescribed to reduce thrombosis in other pathological conditions, for example, with disseminated intravascular coagulation.
There are a number of limitations in which the use of "Brilint" is not allowed. These include:
- individual intolerance, including increased sensitivity to the active ingredient or at least one additional component;
- active bleeding, which is pathological;
- hemorrhagic form of stroke, which was transferred earlier;
- decreased activity of hepatocytes, against which hepatic insufficiency develops;
- administration of drugs, the main effect of which is the inhibition of the enzyme CYP3A4( Clotrimazole, Ritonavir, Nefazodone);
- children under 18 years;
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
In the absence of contraindications, you need to make sure before the beginning of therapy with this drug.
Instructions for Use
Take "Brilith" must be taken internally, but you can not chew the medicine. The use of the drug does not depend on the time of eating. Tablets can be washed down with a small amount of liquid.
Recommended dose: 1 tablet per day. It is important to take the medicine every day at the same time.
The course of therapy with the use of "Brilint"( a substitute can be taken for a longer time) should start with a double dose( 2 tablets on the first day), then switch to a single dose of 90 mg. If you miss a drug, do not take a double dose. The next day after the missed resume the usual reception of the "Brilint".However, it is better to avoid such situations.
The average duration of treatment is 12 months.
In addition, simultaneous administration of acetylsalicylic acid is recommended.
Side effects of
Among atypical manifestations of admission are:
- too strong reduction in blood coagulability with the development of pathological hemorrhage;
- allergic reactions;
If any side effects occur, stop taking the medication immediately.
In case of taking an increased dose of the drug, the following symptoms may appear:
- cardiac dysfunction.
When they appear, it is necessary to stop taking the drug, to wash the stomach, intestines and symptomatic therapy.
If you can not take the drug you need to know what to replace the "Brilinta".Among the main analogues are:
- "Zilt".This analogue of "Brilint" is different in price, but the effect of both drugs is similar and is aimed at preventing thrombosis. The active ingredient is clopidogrel. Indications for the use of the remedy are myocardial infarction, coronary syndrome, stroke, atrial fibrillation, occlusive disease of coronary vessels."Zilt" is characterized by rare side effects.
- "Plavix"."Brilinta" or "Plavix" - which is better? You can not say unequivocally. These drugs are active substance, but they have the same effect. This allows you to stop the course of therapy with one remedy, continue treatment to others. Analog "Brilint" "Plavix" is prescribed for patients who have atherosclerotic phenomena, patients after a stroke and heart attack. This drug is also a cheaper analogue. What to choose: "Brilinta" or "Plavix".What's better? Only the doctor will say.
- "Lopyrel".This analogue of "Brilint" is based on clopidogrel, which is why the action is directed to platelets, depriving them of the possibility of gluing together. Unlike other substitutes, "Lopyrel" has an impact on the functionality of the nervous, respiratory, musculoskeletal, and hematopoiesis. In addition, it is worth remembering that this analogue of the drug "Brilint" is not original, but a generic, that is a copy of "Plavix".
In addition to these analogs, it is allowed to use other drugs that have a similar effect, but differ in the mechanism of action( "Cardiomagnolo", "Aspecard", "Aspirin-Cardio").
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of "Brilint"( reviews about it are almost all positive) is 2 years. Thus it is necessary to observe a temperature mode( in a room where the means is stored, should be no more than +30 degrees, there should be no light and moisture).In addition, the product should be protected from children.
Remember that all appointments should be performed by a doctor.