"Prevenar"( vaccination): reviews, application, price
At present, not a rare viruses, but the most common pneumococci, are a significant threat to the health and life of children. These microbes constantly mutate and acquire all resistance to most antibiotics. They became much more aggressive, respectively, much more dangerous for kids. The younger the child, the more ruinous for him pneumococcus, since immunity has not yet been formed. For today, the most safe vaccine against the disease is Prevenar( vaccine injected intramuscularly).
What is this
Vaccine is a medicine that contains a very "weakened" pathogen( antigen).In order for the patient to receive protection from the disease, contact of the leukocytes of the individual's blood and the microbe is required. This is probably only in two cases: through vaccination or, which is undesirable, in case of infection. The introduction of the vaccine promotes the production of antibodies to the antigen, which is introduced in a harmless volume and a significantly weakened form. This excludes the possibility of a real disease. The second case is more dangerous, because the disease is provoked by an uncontrolled pathogen.
It is also worth noting that the vaccination "Prevenar"( reviews of which are far from unambiguous) is considered to be maximally processed, clinically proven and sufficiently safe.
What diseases are caused by bacteria
Pneumococcal infections are a type of contagious diseases caused by bacilli of the category Streptococcus pneumonia. These include:
- bacterial otitis;
- sore throats;
- pneumococcal pneumonia.
A prerequisite for this procedure is the following:
- For babies from 2 months to 6 months, the exercise is carried out according to the 3 + 1 plan. The norm of the vaccine is 0.5 ml. The initial 3 doses are administered with a pause of 1 month, the final dose at the age of 15 months.
- Children from 7 to 11 months inoculation "Prevenar 13" is done in the same dosage, but only according to the scheme 2 + 1, the intervals are the same, the final introduction is carried out in the second year of life of the child.
- From 1 to 2 years, the vaccine is produced in the same dosage, but only twice with 2-3 monthly interruptions.
- From 2 to 5 years, the inoculation is carried out once in an amount of 0.5 ml.
At the time of the procedure, the toddler must be examined by a doctor and healthy.
How the drug affects the human body
Prevenar 13 contains more than 90% of the serotypes of Streptococcus pneumonia, which provoke acute otitis resistant to antibiotics. Each serotype is a part of the destroyed microbe( a polysaccharide of a certain composition).If a vaccine is given from the pneumococcal infection Prevenar, the body's immune system is activated, that is, antibodies are produced. This is a characteristic variety of proteins that can create an antigen-antibody pool and level out the negative effect of an alien pathogenic bacterium.
During the struggle of leukocytes with a weakened strain of bacilli, an immune "memory" is formed. And with the next penetration of a harmful bacterium of the same type, the body will already have a ready-made remedy for the fight. Therefore, secondary infection mostly takes place in a facilitated form.
Risk Categories and Outcomes
The Prevenar 13 vaccination( which will be described further on) is recommended for all people at risk, namely:
- for patients with poor immunity, especially those with leukemia and HIV carriers;
- to old people, and also to small children;
- to patients who have sepsis( with a distant spleen or cell anemia);
- to individuals who come into contact with sources of infection;
- people with craniocerebral and spinal cord injuries;
- adults with chronic cardiovascular pathologies, liver, lung, as well as diabetics.
The vaccination "Prevenar 13"( feedback on it can be read in this article) has proved its effectiveness when administered to patients from the risk category in 85-90% of cases. Such vaccinations have a beneficial effect on the immunity and even the life expectancy of patients, making it possible to reduce the risk of serious consequences and severe forms of infection.
Complications and contraindications
This pneumococcal vaccine has some limitations on its implementation:
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- elevated body temperature;
- 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy;
- severe ailments;
- is a severe allergic reaction to previously performed vaccinations.
Prevenar( vaccination) can provoke local reactions, which are found in 5% of the situations and manifest as a slight itch and redness in the area of injection. General reactions in the form of dizziness, fatigue or a slight increase in temperature are experienced by no more than 2% of patients. Such symptoms are harmless to health and go through 2-3 days after vaccination. But allergic reactions after vaccination can be expressed in different ways. In this situation, you need to visit a specialist.
Reactions to inoculation in children
After the "Prevenar" vaccine is given, reactions will occur in any case. Antigen, although weak, but in the process of developing immunity will still appear symptoms of malaise. Although in a light form, but the child still will be ill. There are several indicators of the natural reaction to the drug:
- A slight increase in temperature to 37.5 degrees.
- A shiver in the background of her.
- Redness and compaction in the zone where the vaccine "Prevenar 13" was made( responses about such reactions can be heard from almost anyone).
- Refusal of food, anxiety, lethargy.
These indicators are considered normal and go through 2-4 days. At this stage, the baby needs rest. Communicate with other children should be minimized, and if possible - refuse to attend kindergarten. After three days the child should be shown to the pediatrician.
What reactions are considered unnatural
Very rarely, but there are special reactions of the human body to the introduction of the vaccine:
- disorder of consciousness( an absurd condition, syncope);
- temperature is more than 38 degrees;
- occurrence of a sharp inflammation in the area of administration;
- is an intensifying reaction, a day after the administration.
If any of these symptoms occur, you need to see a doctor. High temperature is possible both as an abnormal condition and as an individual reaction within the limits of the norm.
"Prevenar"( inoculation): instruction
Babies under 2 years of age, the vaccine is injected intramuscularly into the lateral surface of the thigh, and adults and children older - in the deltoid shoulder muscle once a dose of 0.5 ml. Intravenous drug administration is strictly prohibited. Patients with poor blood coagulability are required to do subcutaneous injection. Before use, the syringe with the vaccine should be shaken well until a uniform suspension is obtained. If foreign particles are found when inspecting the syringe, you can not use such a medicine.
Vaccination "Prevenar" parents' responses collected very mixed. Some consider such prophylaxis very effective, others, on the contrary, are not sure of its effectiveness and are afraid of side effects.
Reviews of specialists about the vaccine "Prevenar 13" are also versatile. Some are delighted with the favorable results of vaccination, others indicate that the medicine contains an insufficient amount of serotypes. And those antigens that should be present, there is no vaccine "Prevenar."
Vaccination in Russia is not mandatory. Its price is quite high - from 3000 to 4500 rubles. But it is better not to save on your health, but to carry out the necessary vaccinations on time.