One of the main causes of miscarriages in women is the lack of a hormone such as progesterone. By results of researches, 62% from 753 surveyed women have the underestimated level of the given hormone. In this article, we will look at several ways to increase progesterone naturally without the use of hormonal drugs. But first let's talk about why this hormone is so important.
Why is it so necessary to increase progesterone if its level is low?
The answer to this question can be given as follows. As is known, in the menstrual cycle, the luteal( or secretory) phase occurs immediately after ovulatory. It is in it there is a natural increase in the level of progesterone. This is necessary in order to prepare the endometrium( the inner lining of the uterus) to receive a fertilized egg. And when the level of progesterone is small to maintain this process, it becomes very difficult to get pregnant. That's why all doctors recommend that women increase progesterone. But why is its insufficient level so dangerous?
Is it true that if you do not increase progesterone, it can lead to infertility?
Yes, it's true. Even if a woman has ovulation and the ovule successfully fertilizes, then due to a lack of this hormone, the endometrium still remains unprepared for her admission. But it also happens that the egg can still stick to the wall of the uterus for further development. However, if by this time do not increase progesterone, then the chance of miscarriage increases. If this happens, then the woman simply needs to normalize the level of this hormone before the next attempt at conception. But how to understand that progesterone is not enough?
Following are the most common symptoms and signs of a deficiency of this hormone:
- , there are often observed discharges before menstruation;
- breast engorgement;
- there is a predilection for sweet dishes;
- menstrual cycle disorder;
- may have a cyst in the ovary;
- low body temperature with monthly;
- miscarriage and possible infertility thereafter.
How to increase progesterone naturally?
Below are 7 tips on this:
- Make sure you get enough micronutrients from your food.
- In order for progesterone in women to have a normal level, the doctor can prescribe vitamin B, in particular B6, for admission.
- Magnesium also helps increase the hormone.
- Eat more hardwood vegetables, almonds, molasses, seeds, nuts and beans - these are good sources of vitamin B6 and magnesium.
- I also need to eat food with the content of organic protein, since hormones are formed precisely from these substances.
- Constantly measure body temperature in the second half of the cycle to see if it has normalized during menstruation.
- Avoid inorganic food, eat more milk and dairy products - they contain a high level of different hormones.
Please pay attention to the last point. Milk and products with its content are especially effective in increasing progesterone, as they are saturated not only with this, but also with many other necessary hormones( prolactin, somatostatin, melatonin, oxytocin, growth hormone, luteinizing hormone, thyroid-stimulating hormone, estrogens, progesterone,insulin, corticosteroids and many others).
Before using this or that food, it is better to contact your dietician. After a while you can take an analysis for the hormones "progesterone" and observe whether their level has increased, which must necessarily happen.