Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint: exercises, rules for their implementation
Degenerative diseases of the joints are now the most common disturbance of the activity of the osteoporosis. The number of cases especially increases with age: by the age of 60, one in every third suffers from arthrosis. And most of all, the knee joint is susceptible to illness, since it has the greatest load. Gradually, the destruction of the cartilaginous tissue in the joint cavity leads to the fact that the heads of the bones also begin to break down. This causes pain in any movement, so patients try not to step on the aching leg. Helps to restore relative freedom of movement therapeutic exercise for arthrosis of the knee joint. It will be effective only if the exercises are performed correctly.
Features of arthrosis therapy
This pathology is characterized by degenerative processes in the articular cartilage. With age, this tissue loses water and becomes thinner. Because of this, the articular cartilage in the knee becomes brittle and begins to deteriorate. He can no longer perform his normal depreciation, so the heads of the bones also suffer. To prevent further destruction of the joint and restore the ability to move, arthrosis must be treated at its initial stage. Only a doctor can appoint the right set of therapeutic measures. Usually it includes:
- medical gymnastics.
Objectives of exercise therapy for arthrosis
Moderate motor activity is very important for any joint disease. Special exercises help to activate blood circulation, stimulate the processes of self-healing of joints and prevent the development of complications. If you exercise regularly, exercise therapy for arthrosis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree can restore the mobility of the knee. And at the beginning of the development of pathology, exercise therapy can fully restore the joint of its function.
When a knee hurts, a person instinctively tries to move less. This affects the general condition of the patient, the health of his heart and blood vessels. And because of this function of the knee joint is even worse. It turns out a vicious circle, from which you can exit only with the help of therapeutic gymnastics.
Why is exercise therapy for knee arthrosis
? Photos of exercises performed by sick people show that people of any age can be engaged. Even in the advanced stage of arthrosis, the measured physical load will only benefit. Regular gymnastics has such an impact on the aching joint:
- activates blood circulation and metabolic processes;
- returns freedom of movement in the joint;
- relieves muscle spasms;
- improves the condition of the ligaments, which helps increase the joint gap;
- prevents the development of contractures;
- reduces pain;
- improves the patient's quality of life and its motor activity.
Features of exercise therapy for different stages of the disease
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee should be different depending on the severity of the disease. To all patients such loads are useful: an exercise bike, swimming, yoga, walking on a treadmill or using a stepper. The strength and intensity of the load should depend on the stage of the disease.
- Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee joint 1 degree is designed to improve blood flow, relieve muscle spasms and prevent restriction of joint mobility. At this stage of the development of the disease, you can perform intensive movements. They will help restore the functions of the musculoskeletal apparatus.
- Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee joint of the third degree, when bone tissue has already begun to deteriorate, should include less vigorous exercise. They are designed to improve the blood supply of the joint, lymphatic flow, and relax the muscles around the problem area.
Rules for classes
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint will be useful only if exercises prescribed by the doctor are used, and when they are performed, several rules are observed:
- to start to be engaged it is necessary under supervision of the expert in office ЛФК;
- training should be regular;
- load must be increased gradually, starting from 10 minutes a day;
- should be started for the period of remission;
- all exercises are performed slowly and smoothly;
- even if only one knee is hurting, both joints need to be loaded equally;
- effective exercise therapy will, if you do not less than 40 minutes a day, you can divide this time into two or three approaches;
- exercise is repeated 4 times at the beginning up to 10 times;
- every 10 minutes of training you need to let your knees rest: lie on your back, stretch your legs and relax.
What is forbidden for arthrosis
Some patients believe that if exercise therapy is useful, then you need to work as hard as possible. But this approach can lead to disability. There are certain limitations that concern the performance of gymnastics in this disease. Patients need to remember that it is impossible:
- to allow the appearance of pain in the joint when performing exercises;
- to deal with during an exacerbation of the disease;
- perform sharp movements in the knee joint;
- stepping on the knee;
- squats a lot.
Exercises in the prone position
Most often, with arthrosis, the session is held in the supine position. The most simple exercises are done even in severe disease. More complex - only in the period of remission at the first stage of its development. Physiotherapy with deforming arthrosis of the knee joint can include such exercises:
- alternately bend the feet without lifting the legs;
- simultaneously bend both legs and raise the pelvis;
- bend the legs in the knees, alternately straighten one, then the other;
- on inspiration simultaneously raise both hands and one leg;
- imitate by riding a bike;
- perform crossing motions with straight legs.
There are also effective exercises from lying on the side. You can swing your legs up, forward and back. If you roll over on your stomach, you can perform bending of the legs in the knees, lifting the straight legs, diluting them to the sides or lifting the upper body.
Exercises standing and sitting on the chair
During the remission period, it is also necessary to add the exercises sitting on a chair. And with an easy flow of the disease, on the recommendation of a doctor, you can add exercises standing.
- Sitting on a chair you need to lift your legs one by one, holding them in a position perpendicular to the body. Holding the chair with your hands, raise both legs, bending them in the lap. You can add this exercise: get up and sit on a chair, helping yourself with your hands. All other types of squats with arthrosis are not recommended.
- Standing position is usually performed by swinging legs to the side, forward and backward. In doing so, you need to stick to the back of the chair with your hands.
Approximate complex LFK
Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint should train the musculoskeletal apparatus without straining the joint. It is very important to strengthen the muscles of the lower leg, thigh and buttocks. Types of exercises and the features of their performance depend on the severity of the course of the disease. All of them are selected individually. Often patients in the exercise room are recommended such a complex:
- lying on his stomach, picking up straight legs in turn;
- lift knees bent at the knee;
- exercise "swallow";
- lying on its side, bend the lower leg, and lift the upper straight up;
- sitting on a chair, lifting one leg in turn;
- standing near a chair, slowly climbing his toes;
- from the standing position to lift the socks up;
- without taking off socks from the floor, to imitate walking, as if rolling from toe to toe.
Therapeutic exercises for knee arthrosis according to Bubnovsky
There is also a special complex, which recently receives more and more positive feedback. Dr. Bubnovsky developed a special technique that allows you to recover from this disease in a short time. Apply such exercises only under the supervision of a specialist. If they are not properly performed, they can aggravate the course of the disease. In the Bubnovsky system, there are such exercises:
- on his knees, sit on his heels and sit up to 2 minutes;
- from a position lying on a back or sitting it is necessary to pull as much as possible a sock of each leg;
- holding onto a chair or a wall, slowly crouch, placing the knees so that the joint forms a right angle.