"Cefaklor": instructions for use, analogs, reviews, release forms
Antibiotics have been used for a long time in the fight against various types of infectious diseases. Without them, there would be many more deaths in medicine."Cefaclor", the instruction on which application will be presented below, is one of them.
General description: Composition and form of release
The most important active ingredient is cefaclor. Depending on the form in which the drug is produced, it can have a different dosage of this substance. Among the additional components are: silicon dioxide, xanthan gum, calcium stearate, sodium benzonate, aromatic additive, orange oil, aspartame, granulated sugar.
You can buy the presented drug in different forms. If the doctor has appointed you "Cefaclor", the instructions for use will help you to know that the product is manufactured in the following types:
- Tablets. Here the maximum content of the main component is 500 mg.
- Dragee. This form of release provides a different dosage of cefaclor: 375, 500, 750 mg.
- Capsules. In them, the content of the active substance can also be different - 250 or 500 mg.
- Powder or granulate for breeding.
- Suspension for oral administration in 5 ml of this substance contains 125 or 250 mg of cefaclor.
Regardless of the form in which you buy the drug, it should be taken only inwards and strictly according to the instructions.
Pharmacological action of
The presented drug is an antibiotic of the 2nd generation. It has a bactericidal and antimicrobial effect. The spectrum of its action is wide. He has a fairly high activity against gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms: enterobacteria, gonococci, salmonella, E. coli. Anaerobic bacteria are sensitive to this medicine. However, it can not overcome the Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
During the action of the drug, there is a violation of the reproduction of bacteria due to the impossibility of their synthesis. The walls of the cells are destroyed.
Absorption of the drug in the gastrointestinal tract is almost complete. In this case, note that eating food does not affect the effect of the medicine. The maximum concentration in the body is reached within half an hour. Half-life is about an hour. If the patient has a violation of kidneys, then this period may increase. Removal of the substance is carried out with the help of kidneys. Fully the body is cleared in 8 hours.
Indications for use
If you need to purchase Cefaclor, the instructions for use will help you to know that it is effective in fighting inflammatory diseases. Doctors also prescribe medication for acute infections. There are such indications for use:
- Inflammation of the nasopharynx, hearing.
- Infectious processes in the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- Pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis.
- Pathology of the genitourinary system: pyelonephritis, cystitis.
- Treatment of the painful condition of the skin and soft tissues.
- Infection of the blood.
When should I not use the tool?
If the doctor decides to appoint you "Cefaclor", the instructions for use should be read by the patient without fail. The fact that the drug has some contraindications, which is important to remember:
- Hypersensitivity to certain components of the drug or even to the active substance.
- Development of an allergic reaction to the drug.
- Hemorrhagic syndrome.
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In addition, there are some limitations in use. For example, infant age, chronic kidney failure, severe allergies, bronchial asthma.
As you can see, "Cefaclor", the instruction for which is always in the package with the substance, is a very effective tool. But appoint it should only the doctor. It is not recommended to take this medicine on your own.
Possible adverse reactions
The instruction accompanying the "Cefaclor" tool is the main guide to action. It states that the drug can cause some side effects:
- CNS: sleep disturbance, spinning in the head, severe arousal, increased anxiety, confusion, hallucinations.
- Allergic manifestations: skin or genital itching, rash, dyspnea, allergic conjunctivitis, syncope, urticaria, anaphylactic shock.
- Urinary system: nephritis, dysuria, a violation of the normal functionality of the kidneys.
- GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT: constipation or diarrhea, possible nausea and vomiting, enterocolitis, lack of appetite, pain in the abdomen, hepatitis.
- Organs of hematopoiesis: neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, bleeding, anemia.
If you need to use "Cefaclor"( tablets), the instructions for use should be read by you before they are taken.
Features of the drug and its dosage
Remember: if you have to take Cefaclor, the instructions for use for children and adults are almost identical. Only the dosage of the drug is different. The doctor must appoint it. This takes into account the age, severity and features of the pathology. It is also necessary to remember the patient's individual susceptibility to the drug.
As for the dosage, it can be as follows:
- Children over 12 years of age, as well as adults diagnosed with kidney disease, are indicated for admission every 8 hours. The single dose is 250 mg. If the inflammatory process has already developed or has a neglected form, the one-time dose is 500 mg.
- If the medicine is prescribed for children under 12 years of age, then the lowest dosage should be used. Usually this category of patients is assigned "Cefaclor" -suspension. The instruction provides for this dosage of the drug: 0.4 ml. In very difficult cases, the norm can be increased to 0.8 ml. However, the daily dose should not be more than 20 ml.
The maximum rate that can be prescribed to an adult for 24 hours is 80 ml. The course of therapy lasts at least 10 days. Further, it all depends on the effectiveness of the drug, as well as the reaction of the patient's body.
Interaction and overdose of
Please note that the instruction manual for the use of Cefaclor( injections, by the way, is not provided for this drug) exists so that the patient does not exceed the drug intake rate. However, patients do not always follow the dose indicated in it. In most cases this provokes an overdose.
It manifests itself in the violation of digestion and, as a result, nausea and vomiting. There is general weakness. Remove these symptoms can be by washing the stomach, taking oral absorption drugs. In difficult cases, you need to call an ambulance.
If you are assigned "Cefaclor" -suspension, the instruction indicates some nuances regarding the joint intake of this antibiotic with other medicines. For example, indirect coagulants increase their effect."Rifampicin", tetracycline preparations in a joint administration can increase the antibacterial effect. But the tubular secretion blockers can somewhat reduce the rate of excretion of the antibiotic by the kidneys.
"Cefaclor" is a suspension, the instruction for its use contains some special instructions regarding its administration. The drug is a fairly strong drug. Drive the car after taking the medicine should not be. Therapy should only be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
You can not combine an antibiotic with alcohol, even if its content in the drink is small. Prolonged intake of the drug may cause bleeding, due to a decrease in the level of vitamin K. During treatment, it is necessary to drink medications that can improve the functioning of the intestines, for example, "Linex."
Storage Features, Analogues and Feedback from Patients
If you are not suitable for Cefaclor, the instructions for use( analogues of the drug, incidentally, are available) provide for the possibility of using other drugs. Among the most popular are "Aksetin" and "Zinnat".
Reviews about the drug are basically good. It is noted for its high effectiveness in the fight against kidney diseases. Users are advised to use the medicine throughout the course of therapy.
Tablets should be stored in a dark place inaccessible to children. The temperature should not exceed 25 degrees. For the granulate, these figures are slightly different: 15-30 degrees. Suspension should be kept in the refrigerator, and not more than 2 weeks.
The cost of the drug ranges from 100-500 rubles. Everything depends on the form of release of the medicine. Now you know everything about the drug "Cefaclor".Instructions for use for children, reviews about the tool, especially the reception of his adult people - all these issues were discussed in detail in our review. Be healthy!