What determines the weight of the newborn?
Many mothers, while still in a state of pregnancy, are very worried about the weight of the newborn. They try to eat hard, and weight in the meantime is typed. But, unfortunately, the mother herself, and not the baby. The dimensions of the abdomen are not related to the size of the fetus. They depend on the amount of water and the size of the fat layer. There is also a direct dependence on the elasticity of muscles. If before the pregnancy you intensively shook them, they will keep the stomach stronger and will not allow it to increase too much.
For a long time expecting the perfect moment of the baby's birth, the newly-mummy is especially eager to know how much the newborn baby is. And some get frustrated when they hear that the scales of the scales have dropped below 3 kg. There are, of course, and problem kids, but more often than not these numbers do not say anything terrible, but cause the excitement of my mother. After all, doctors believe that the normal weight of a newborn is from 2.6 kg to 4.6 kg. But these are just a theoretical calculation. In recent years, more and more children are born weighing less than 2.5 kg. This leads to many reasons - poor diet, miniature women, features of physiology. But if the weight of the newborn is lowered, then you will not be discharged from the hospital until it reaches at least the minimum rate.
Usually the baby in his first days loses somewhere 6% of body weight. This does not happen to everyone, and this should not be feared. This phenomenon is associated with dehydration of the body, a small amount of consumed milk with excessive activity. A lot of liquid simply evaporates through the skin and with breathing. Such a loss in weight passes fairly quickly, and soon the child starts to add it again.
Many factors affect the weight of a newborn:
1. A child born before the term will have a weight less than children born in the normal term.
2. Genetic features play an important role. The weight of the newborn usually corresponds to its length. Therefore it is not surprising that in tall people, children are born larger, with more weight than parents of medium height.
3. When several babies are born simultaneously, their weight and height, of course, will be smaller than at the birth of one. This is natural, because for the normal development and placement in the womb of the mother, where the space is limited, the size of future babies plays a big role. And in cases where the mother is pregnant with twins or even triplets, births are often premature. In this case, the weight of children in any case will be less.
4. It is known that the weight of the newborn affects its gender. Under all equal conditions, boys are born larger than girls.
5. Usually second, third, etc.the children of one woman are larger than her first-born.
6. An important factor is a healthy pregnancy. This also affects the weight of the baby at birth. If during pregnancy the woman observes a healthy regimen and eats healthy food, then the baby will be born with normal weight.
7. A great influence on the weight of the baby is the life of the mother before his birth. Drinking alcohol and smoking constantly reduce weight. Also these bad habits affect the overall health of the baby. Serious consequences are observed in children whose mothers during pregnancy used narcotic substances.
Therefore it is very important to lead a normal, healthy lifestyle, eat well and observe the regime of the day during pregnancy. At stake is very much - life, health and development of your future baby.
8. The overall health of both of his parents affects the weight of the newborn. Often, the illness of the mother causes an increased or decreased weight of the newborn. It is important to observe the doctor and follow all his recommendations. Only in this case it is possible to hope for a stable and healthy pregnancy.