Knee joint fixation for sport
When practicing sports, it is important to pay attention not only to the results and training of muscles. It is necessary to monitor the condition of the joints, especially the lower limbs. The knee is subjected to the greatest load, therefore, with careless movements, injuries are possible. And because of permanent physical influences, the joint wears out: cartilages are destroyed and ligaments become inflamed. Therefore, it is very important for athletes to choose the right equipment for sports. Especially need knee joint locks. Do not confuse them with medical orthoses, which provide the knee immobility. There are a variety of sports fixatives that do not interfere with movement, but protect the joint from injury.
These knee pads are most often used for medical purposes. Patients with arthrosis, arthritis, after injuries and knee surgery wear them to reduce the burden on the knee, reduce pain and fix the joint parts in the correct position. But they are also used by healthy people. For example, a knee joint fixer for sports is used. People who experience increased physical activity often suffer from microtraumas of ligaments and muscles, dislocations, pain in the knee and swelling. To reduce discomfort during classes, you need a knee joint fixer.
- reduces pain, swelling and inflammation;
- fixes the joint in the correct position, preventing cartilage wear;
- reduces the risk of injury;
- improves blood circulation, lymph flow and metabolic processes;
- protects the joint from overloads.
These knee pads are especially important for those who are engaged in professional sports and can not interrupt training. The retainer helps to maintain freedom of movement and reduce pain. In addition, it helps improve athletic performance.
What are the qualities of
knee pads? Knee joint fixators, which are used for sports, should ideally fit a person in size. This is the main quality of the knee, due to which it can perform its functions. It is very important that the material from which the orthosis is made allows the skin to breathe and does not cause allergies. In addition, it is necessary that the retainer has the features necessary for certain sports. For example, in acrobatics, volleyball, figure skating, knee pads with soft silicone or helium inserts are necessary, and for aggressive game sports the patella should be protected with a reinforced padded cushion.
What are the knee joint fixators
Knee pads are made from different materials. In addition, depending on the degree of rigidity and the functions performed, the fixatives are of several types.
- Elastic bandages and teips support the joint weakly, but are easy to use and slightly reduce the load.
- Bandages made of elastic material, repeating the shape of the leg, usually cover not only the joint, but also the leg above and below it. They can be worn in the form of a stocking, but those that are fixed with velcro fasteners are more convenient.
- Orthoses with hard inserts or reinforced knee protectors are designed to protect the joint from bumps and falls.
- Knee joints are usually equipped with metal or plastic inserts, hinges and stiffeners. They are rarely used in sports, only those athletes who have suffered a trauma or joint disease.
There are other types of knee pads: detachable, compressor, heating, with additional rollers and inserts. In addition, they can be called in different ways. Athletes often use elastic tapes with an adhesive surface - teips. For fixing also used tutors, calipers, bandages, braces.
What do the knee protectors of
Knee joint fixators are made of different materials. When choosing a knee for sports, you need to pay attention to it to be natural, allow the skin to breathe and does not cause an allergic reaction. Therapeutic rigid fixatives are made using medical steel and plastic. Such knee pads are used by athletes only after injuries, since they severely restrict movement. Most often, two kinds of materials are used to reduce the load on the knee.
- Natural fabrics: cotton or wool. To strengthen the elastic properties can be added lavsan fibers. Such knee pads have a warming effect and, in sports, prevent the stretching of muscles and ligaments, as well as hypothermia.
- Synthetic materials: polyester, neoprene and nylon. They are used in all kinds of knee pads. The most convenient neoprene fixation of the knee joint. It reliably fixes the knee, does not interfere with movement and allows the skin to breathe. In addition, knee pads made of synthetic materials can be used for a long time.
These kinds of knee pads are used in sports most often. Elastic knee joint fixation is needed to reduce the burden on the knee. In addition, it stimulates blood circulation, relieves pain and swelling. In the event that the risk of injury is high, elastic models with a strengthened patella are used. There are such types of soft knee pads:
- Elastic bandage is very simple to use. Bandage of the joint can be with any tension and wear a bandage is allowed for a long time. The bandage is made of natural material and allows the skin to breathe.
- Belt on the knee of silicone is designed to support the patella and reduce pain. There are both single and double belts, which provide more stable support.
- The most convenient are neoprene fixatives, fitted with Velcro fasteners. They are easy to put on and fit in size.
Orthoses with strong fixation are used only after injuries and joint diseases. Knee joints of the maximum degree of rigidity are equipped with metal spokes, hinges. They have a rigid frame, often of plastic, and a rather complex design. Applied such orthoses after fractures and dislocations. Knee joints of strong fixation are made of neoprene or other elastic material, have metal stiffeners and firmly fix the joint, limiting movement. They are used for arthritis or arthrosis.
But for sports training, a rigid knee joint fixer is not suitable, as it severely restricts movement. Therefore, athletes often use semi-rigid knee pads. They stabilize the joint, protect it from unwanted movements and injuries.
How to choose the lock for sport
To the knee really helped the athlete to prevent injury and reduce the load on the joint, it should be properly selected. But this is often not easy, because when exercising, muscles tighten and change the terrain. A properly selected knee joint fixer should quickly take the desired shape, adjust to the changing muscles and reliably fix the joint. In addition, it is necessary that the knee can be pulled on the move depending on the load. It is best to seek the help of a specialist who can advise which knee joint fixer is more suitable in this case, and will help to choose the size. After all, the main thing is that the knee cap tightly fit the joint, holding it, but not squeezing and not violating the blood circulation. To determine the size, you need to measure the hip volume by 10-15 cm above the knee. Depending on this, several sizes are distinguished. But it is better to measure it before buying a fixator, since the relief of muscles is different for everyone.
The best sports fixers
The one who seriously sports, knows for what purpose which knee pads are better to use. Their popularity depends on reliability, ease of use and cost. The best for athletes are considered several knee pads.
- Fosta knee joint, made of neoprene, refers to lightweight elastic bandages. It has a special insert of silicone, which helps to fix not only the knee, but also the patella.
- Orthoses from Pharmacels reliably support and protect the knee joint. These fixatives have a warming effect, which helps maintain the elasticity of the ligaments. The knee pads of this company have been developed especially taking into account the specificity of movements during active rest and playing sports.
- Neoprene knee restraints by Mueller effectively protect against injuries. Their design with four criss-cross straps reliably fixes the knee, reduces the load on it, but does not limit the movements at all. There are models with increased protection of the patella, which protects the joint from blows.
- Variteks knee braces are made of neoprene and are suitable not only for running, but also for swimming, surfing. Such locks have the function of supporting the patella, which is very important for increased physical exertion.
Features of using
knee pads If wearing a fixer was prescribed by a doctor for rehabilitation after trauma or reducing the load on the injured knee, it is worth sticking to his recommendations regarding the wearing time. Usually sports fasteners are worn during training or active rest. Most models are recommended to wear no more than 8 hours. Do not wear the knee joint if metal parts appear on the inner surface, as it can injure the skin.
How to properly care for
knee protectors Elastic clamps without metal and plastic inserts can be washed in the machine, but it is better to use hands to keep the shape longer. Semi-rigid knee pads are only erased in cool water without powder. In order not to damage the product, it can not be ironed and dried near heating appliances.