How much does nicotine come from the human body?
How much does nicotine come from? This question is of interest to people who wish to clean their body as soon as possible of a poisonous substance. To get an answer, you need to consider the specific effects of the presented toxin on the body. Let's find out how much nicotine is excreted.
What is nicotine?
The substance in the synthesized form has the form of an oily liquid, which is distinguished by a rather caustic, unpleasant odor. In addition, nicotine has a persistent stinky aftertaste.
It is generally believed that a toxin can accumulate in the body cells only in the process of active or passive smoking. How is everything in reality and how much does nicotine leave the body? In bodily tissues, people who have never tried to smoke, also contain a small fraction of the substance in its pure form. Requires nicotine to speed up metabolic processes. Its production in small amounts is provided by the secretory glands of the liver. Therefore, to live without the introduction of nicotine into the blood, a person simply can not physically.
Naturally, the dose of toxin that enter the body when smoking, hundreds of times higher than the required rate. Since the substance by its nature is a poison, dependent people want to know, how long does the body leave the nicotine? And this is not surprising, because toxin poisoning causes a lot of negative health consequences.
What happens when nicotine enters the body?
The toxin is of a natural nature. Therefore, without problems, it is absorbed by the mucous membranes of the body. The degree of its absorption is determined by the level of acidity of the internal environment of the organism. In a saturated alkaline medium, the substance decomposes almost completely.
After how much does nicotine leave the body completely? Ionized species of toxin, which is contained in cigarette smoke, is absorbed by lung tissue in significant quantities. Therefore, its removal from the body takes a lot of time, if an addict smoker tries to get rid of the addictive habit.
How many hours does nicotine leave the body?
The half-life of the toxin in the blood is about 2 hours. The bulk of the poisonous substance is processed by the kidneys and the liver, after which it is excreted along with the products of vital activity. The final product of the decay of the substance - cotinine - completely exits the body within 48 hours from the moment of smoking the last cigarette.
Speed of excretion of other substances in tobacco smoke
After considering how many days of nicotine exits the body, we will figure out what time it takes to completely clean the body of the harmful substances that come to us along with tobacco smoke:
- Carbon dioxide - after the last puff, the bloodis cleared of its excess amount within 24 hours.
- Resins and soot leave the body for six months. In the case of heavy smokers, the process may take several years.
As practice shows, to restore healthy circulation to a person who quits smoking, it will take 3-4 months. As for the organs of the digestive system, the latter normalize the work after 6-12 months.
Why does withdrawal symptoms occur?
The emergence of so-called breakdown is the result of the reception of most narcotic substances. Nicotine is no exception. Physical and moral discomfort can bother people for years.
In the emergence of the syndrome, the brain receptors are responsible, which are responsible for the formation of a sense of satisfaction. It is they that are affected by nicotine. The longer a person abuses tobacco smoking, the more difficult it is to get rid of the need for a regular cigarette. Promotes the development of moral discomfort the formation of stable nerve connections between brain cells.
Determining, after how much nicotine leaves the body, the main thing for a smoker to endure for a while. After a few months, the brain cells will be refreshed. Thus, their focus on the formation of a sense of pleasure from the absorption of tobacco smoke will disappear.
How to speed up the removal of nicotine from the body?
To help your body get rid of a toxic toxin, it is worth the following:
- Use at least one and a half liters of fluid per day. This will activate metabolic processes and tone blood vessels.
- Drink fresh natural juices. Active enzymes and vitamins in their composition will help the liver and kidneys to decompose nicotine into components for their excretion.
- Add to the daily ration of fermented milk products. Yoghurt, sour cream, kefir, yogurt - all this has a binding effect on toxins in the body.
- Walk more often outdoors, especially on coniferous forests. The phytoncides that stand out from the plants, as well as fresh oxygen, will allow the lungs to clear faster. Alternatively, you can resort to inhalations based on essential oils of eucalyptus, pine or juniper.
- Attending the sauna. Being in the steam room is a proven way to get rid of body tissues from accumulated toxins.
- Do not exercise. Active breathing during training perfectly cleanses the bronchi from mucus.
- Take antioxidants. Complex preparations of this category deactivate the action of toxins and accelerate the period of their decay in the body.
Beneficial effect on the state of the body during the purification from nicotine application of traditional medicine. Known for its medicinal properties are the juice of onions. The latter helps to cleanse the body of virtually all known toxins. The use of cabbage makes it possible not only to remove harmful substances from the tissues of the body, but also to normalize the work of the intestine. It has proven itself as a means of detoxifying garlic, which contains allicin - a substance that promotes cell renewal.
Here we have found out, through how many leaves nicotine from the body. As you can see, the toxin is removed from the body tissues quickly enough. At the same time, much more time consumes the disposal of cells from the by-products that are filled with tobacco smoke. In order for organs and body systems to fully restore their former functionality, in some cases, months and years are required. Therefore, once again think about before you start smoking.