Immunotherapy of cancer. Immunotherapy with oncology. Irradiation with oncology: consequences
Immunotherapy is the newest and most effective method used in the treatment of many forms of cancer. It is aimed at ensuring that the body has learned how to fight cancer cells on its own.
How is immunotherapy applied to cancer at different stages?
Feasibility of immunotherapy consists in combating malignant neoplasms, as well as oncohematological diseases. He treats cancer at any stage, including at the latest. And traditional methods in oncology can defeat the disease only in the early stages.
Consider how immunotherapy is applied in oncology at different stages:
- The disease in the first stage consists only in the appearance of malignant cells, the second forms a localized tumor. Surgical treatment, radio and chemotherapy are most often used. Immunotherapy is prescribed as an additional remedy.
- Hospice for cancer patients is the place where hopeless patients who have the last stage of cancer are. Here, if possible, prolong life, including with the help of immunotherapy.
- In the third stage of cancer, metastasis occurs. The last or fourth stage of the disease manifests itself relapses. The disease at these stages is already difficult to cure with the help of only traditional methods, so immunotherapy is used as the main method of treatment.
Cancer immunotherapy is a promising and young direction in the treatment of cancer. Because of the youth of this method, he has many opponents.
They have reasoned arguments and facts obtained as a result of the development of immunology as a science.
Like any new methods, immunology has not been fully investigated. It is only at the beginning of its journey, but, probably, will soon become the main method of treatment of most diseases, because the main thing is not to harm the body, but to help in overcoming the disease.
Methods of immunotherapy in the treatment of oncology
The outcome of many diseases depends on the state of the human immune system. To defeat the disease, it is necessary to make the organism more active. With the help of his own protective resources, he will fight the tumor.
What is immunotherapy? Biological preparations with antitumor activity are introduced into the body. They are called antineoplastic agents.
These medicines contain a certain amount of the following active substances:
- monoclonal antibody.
Upon ingestion, they begin to destroy malignant cells, at the same time the tumor nutrition system is blocked.
Tumor growth stops, malignant process is blocked. That is, cancer is actually cured. Metastases do not occur in this case.
Manufacture of antitumor biological products is carried out for each sick person individually. This is based on the use of biological material, which contains the cells of the tumor itself. Means for treating cancer should be used in a complex.
In addition, the vaccine can be created on the basis of the cellular material of donors, that is, people who have exactly this type of cancer. The substance obtained as a result is treated in a special way, after which it is injected into the patient's body. The vaccine begins to act immediately.
Cancer immunotherapy, despite this, is a lengthy process, since it will take several months from the moment the vaccine enters the body until the tumor collapses completely.
The doctors' close attention is directed to the patient throughout this period. Specialists track the dynamics of the patient's condition.
How are his chances increasing? The cure for cancer in patients who have undergone immunotherapy course is with a probability of 60 to 80%.This is a fairly high figure.
Immunotherapy, irradiation with oncology: consequences of
The body learns to recognize cancer cells and destroy them through immunotherapy. Preparations that are used are not toxic. Therefore, as such, there are no side effects, such as, for example, chemotherapy or radiation oncology. The consequences are quite unpleasant. They are manifested by the following symptoms:
- with nausea and vomiting;
- by diarrhea;
- is a skin problem;
- full hair loss;
But in a small number of cases the body can respond with the following symptoms and on immunotherapy:
- Inflammation of mucous membranes.
- Rash or any other allergic reaction.
- Low pressure.
Does immunotherapy have contraindications?
Side effects, as already mentioned above, with immunostimulation usually does not occur. After all, there is no toxic effect on the patient's body. Since the forms are non-specific, there may be some reaction from the body in the form of a slight increase in body temperature. But the allergy associated with individual intolerance is not ruled out.
Immunotherapy in oncology is supplemented by natural methods. It is possible to raise the protective forces of cancer patients by the following measures:
- Vitaminotherapy. Vitamin complexes, which are included in the diet, accelerate metabolic processes, modify immune resistance and prevent a genetic mutation. Vitamins for all forms of cancer can be taken in tablets, as well as with fruits and vegetables, because they are in their composition.
- Phytotherapy. Some species of plants contribute to the death of cancer cells. The root of licorice, for example, produces a pronounced anti-cancer effect. This is confirmed by numerous reviews of specialists. Oncological growth is suspended, specific immunity is produced by this plant.
- Aerotherapy. The oncological patient undergoes a strictly metered exposure to oxygen. Achieve therapeutic action is promoted by regular walks in the fresh air or inhaling pure oxygen by means of a special apparatus. This is an additional anti-cancer technique that is highly effective in oncology. In addition, this is one of the ways to rehabilitate an operated patient.
Cancer immunotherapy should be based both on traditional remedies and on methods of non-traditional stimulation of immunity.
Interesting research on the topic of immunity and oncology
Every person is daily at risk of developing cancer ailments of various kinds. This is confirmed by new scientific research. Annually, cancer is diagnosed in 15 million people inhabiting our planet. This figure is quite impressive. But do not panic. It is necessary to receive as much information as possible on this topic. The means of cancer treatment are constantly being improved.
For what reasons do some people develop cancer, and others can live a lifetime and never get sick?
The secret lies in its own protective resources of the body. Immunity is aimed at protecting against various viruses, infections, as well as cancer. This is provided by special cells - cytotoxic T-lymphocytes. They recognize atypical cells, as well as their proteins, which appear in the body by mutation. After that they neutralize them, preventing the development of the tumor. A healthy organism does not need external antitumour agents.
All this allows us to draw the following three conclusions:
- Cancers are most often diagnosed in the elderly, because they have already weakened immune defense. She is no longer able to recognize atypical cells.
- In children and in humans up to the age of 25, immune protection does not yet work at full strength - these people have the hardest cancer.
- It is necessary to constantly raise the defenses of the body in order to avoid cancer and to cure it.
Immunotherapy( reviews confirm this) is based on the last conclusion. This is a new branch of oncology, developing at a very fast pace, proving its effectiveness. High level of immunotherapy in oncology abroad. There a large number of special drugs, research in this direction is constantly carried out, the development and search for new medicines is being carried out. Immune drugs in oncology are best used in Israel. There clinics occupy a leading position in the treatment of cancer( for example, oncology of the stomach is cured in 80% of cases).
What's new in immunotherapy today?
Immunotherapy can be combined with other ways of treating oncology, which will strengthen the effect on cancer cells.
With the help of radioimmunotherapy, for example, they struggle with cancer. There is a fixation of the radioactive isotope to monoclonal antibodies or the activation of T-helpers by radio magnetic particles. The Weizmann Institute of Israel created the first vaccine for the therapy of leukemia( blood cancer).The tests were successful, so it was put into production. The patent belongs to Western pharmaceutical companies.
Many people are interested in the question of how the analysis is called for cancer cells. It is often referred to as oncomarker analysis. A laboratory specialist evaluates some of them, by their presence one can judge the work of internal organs.
New research has confirmed that a cancer tumor can be destroyed by certain pathogenic microorganisms. These include:
- various bacteria;
- yeast fungi, etc.
Vector antitumor vaccines are created on their basis. If these microorganisms are treated in a certain way in a laboratory, the body will not get sick. But the rapid development of immune bodies will happen. These immune bodies are, in particular, anti-tumor.
Advantages of immune preparations in oncology
Immune preparations that are used in foreign clinics for the treatment of oncology are divided into several groups that contain a certain amount:
- Cytokines - transfer information between immune cells.
- Gamma interferons - are engaged in the destruction of tumor cells.
- Interleukins( interleukin-2) - are responsible for the transfer of information about cancer cells.
- Monoclonal antibodies - detect and destroy cancer cells.
- T-helpers - are highly active immune cells used for cell therapy.
- Dendritic cells - obtained from blood precursor cells, neutralize malignant cells when mixed with them.
- TIL-cells - laboratory conditions help to get these cells from tumor tissue or metastases, after which they are grown and processed according to a certain principle.
- Anticancer vaccines - they are provided by an existing tumor in the patient. It is used either the cancer cell itself, which lacks the ability to reproduce, or the tumor antigen, which, when introduced into the body, stimulates the production of antitumor antibodies. Now the most common vaccine is one that treats cervical cancer.
On this list of drugs does not end, there are others, but they are less common. They can be combined among themselves, as well as combined with chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
After them, atypical cells will be weakened, so they will be easier to disinfect. So you can completely defeat cancer. Metastases will not spread throughout the body.
As a result, the dose of toxic chemicals can be reduced. And the means for immunotherapy are not toxic, so they are not capable of causing any side effects, unlike chemotherapy. They have no contraindications.
Application of immunotherapy for various types of cancer
As already mentioned, immunotherapy can be used in all forms and stages.
Radiotherapy and chemotherapy cause many side effects, are difficult to tolerate. And with immunotherapy this is not observed. Scientists are constantly developing new drugs, which are divided into groups. Consider what means can be prescribed for various cancers:
- With lung cancer - Patritumab, Bavituximab, Rilotumumab.
- In case of kidney cancer - preparation MPDL3280A, preparation CT-011, Nivolumab.
- For prostate cancer - PROSTVAC-VF, Sipuleucel-T, Ipilimumab, GVAX vaccine, ProstAtak.
- For gastric cancer - drug SU11248.Oncology of the stomach responds particularly well to immunotherapy.
Where can I be treated by immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy is becoming more common in the world. Doctors are inclined to use stimulation of immunity in the treatment of a large number of oncological diseases.
But this method is quite young in cancer therapy. Only the last ten years it is used most actively. Immunotherapy with skin cancer has proven itself.
Protocols for the treatment of oncological immunotherapy are available in all modern clinics around the world. But most of the time this is only supportive therapy so far. Radiation therapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy are prescribed in the complex.
Immune cells are intensively combating cancers.
This method is unique, therefore the best clinics try to apply it more and more often in the treatment of oncological diseases. In our country, this practice is also common. The capital is the leader in the use of immunotherapy in cancer. There is a hospice for cancer patients.
Using Immunotherapy in Israel
Many people want to go to Israeli clinics to cure cancer. This is due to the high number of recoveries. Possible methods are new methods, including immunotherapy.
Israeli scientists are developing all new drugs, foreign colleagues are helping them.
The most popular among them are the following:
- Various vaccines against cancer. They can be used for prevention.
- Killer cells.
Vaccines have proven effective, in particular they:
- Treat prostate cancer.
- Treat metastatic cancer.
- Treat cervical cancer and carry out its prevention.
Clinics in Israel have all the immune preparations available - both in-house production and foreign. Available to everyone, the selection is carried out individually, but with the condition to be the best option for the patient.
Melanoma is treated very well here, as a combination of cellular TIL-therapy with drugs is performed. And even the metastatic form of melanoma is treatable. The organism is simultaneously cleared of toxins, cytokines are introduced. Prostate cancer and vaccination are also well compatible. First, surgical removal of the tumor is performed, then the vaccine is administered.
New drugs are constantly involved in clinical trials, which appear in the media.
How much does cancer immunotherapy cost? Immunotherapy of cancerous tumors is an expensive method of treatment, since the production of biological preparations is quite complex.
Also the development of genetic engineering and molecular chemistry are used in immunotherapy. In the treatment involved a large number of a variety of drugs from the arsenal of oncology. They are selected individually.
How much is the course of immunotherapy? The price of a course of therapy directly depends on the drugs participating in it, and their cost. This is also affected by the following characteristics of the disease:
- type of tumor;
- tumor stage;
- degree of malignancy.
Only in relation to a particular person can determine the cost of immunotherapy in cancer.
Cancer treatment is a rather complex process, taking away both strength and money. It is difficult both physically, morally, and financially. It is necessary to have patience in the fight against this terrible disease.