Gray bloom in adult language: the reasons for the appearance
Did you know that language is the organ through which the body tells us when something is wrong with it? This happens by the formation of a raid. Therefore, the habit of starting every morning with the fact that showing yourself a language in the mirror is very useful: the mood rises, and health in the course. In this material, we will tell you what gray raids mean in the language.
What is a plaque in the language?
Plaque on the tongue is a specific formation on this organ of different color, shape and size. What does gray plaque mean in the language? This is the "litmus test", on which it is possible to diagnose the development of acute and chronic diseases. It is one of the signs of the presence of infections in the body.
Coloring plaque can be very different:
- is brown;
We will talk about a gray raid on the language. In adults, such a nuisance is observed very often.
When you should not be afraid of
You do not need to think that the appearance of a gray plaque on the tongue is a sign of an imminent serious illness. Here are a number of cases when its appearance should not frighten you at all:
- A small whitish coating. It can easily be removed with a special brush for the toothbrush.
- Appearance after sleep.
- You notice the plaque on the tongue during the hot season.
But if its layer is dense, the color is intense, then it is an occasion to believe that something is wrong with your body.
Symptoms that indicate a serious problem
Gray plaque in the adult language( photos showing how a "tongue" looks, to put it mildly, is unpleasant, so we refrain from such illustrations) - a phenomenon that can be accompanied by a number of anxiety symptoms:
- Unpleasant, specific odor from the mouth.
- Sores, cracks on the surface of the tongue.
- The plaque is concentrated on the tip of the organ, the root, the lateral parts( for more details on the localization of the plaque and the connection of this phenomenon with specific diseases, we will talk further on).
All this, together with the formation of a plaque - an occasion for an early appeal to a gastroenterologist, therapist or dentist.
Causes of gray plaque in adults
A variety of factors can cause a gray coating on the surface of the tongue - from improper oral care to life-threatening and health-related diseases. The main causes of gray plaque in the adult language are as follows:
- Taking medication-antibiotics .Such a plaque is easily removed by a toothbrush attachment during morning and evening hygiene. As a rule, it gradually goes away with the termination of the course of treatment with drugs. If education is difficult to remove with a brush, the reason is not in medicines - it can only be established by an experienced doctor.
- Morning appearance of .As we have already said, this is a completely normal physiological phenomenon - a plaque in the language in the mornings after sleep. It is a light shade, not accompanied by a smell. Combat it with the help of antiseptic balsam-mouthwash, eliminating also viruses and pathogenic bacteria.
- HIV .With the immunodeficiency virus, patients often diagnose the appearance of a gray plaque on the tongue. The disease first of all affects the gastrointestinal tract, which signals this in this way.
- Angina .The cause of gray plaque in the language of adults can become and angina. During the illness in the oral cavity accumulated a huge number of pathogens. As a consequence - a dense coating with an unpleasant odor. Therefore, do not forget to rinse your mouth with special balms, herbal infusions, brush your teeth twice a day.
- Diseases of the digestive tract .Other symptoms may appear, such as nausea, pain in the stomach, etc. If nothing is observed except for the plaque, then it is sufficient to simply improve your diet.
- Dehydration of the .The appearance of a raid testifies to this factor as well. Specifically, about dehydration says dry plaque. If it is wet - this is a sign that the body has accumulated a lot of mucus.
- Insufficient care .You can conduct a test - how to brush your teeth, and then treat the mouth with a rinse aid. If after 3-4 hours the plaque did not return, then you simply did not pay proper attention to oral hygiene.
The causes of gray plaque in the adult language may in some cases be as follows:
- Excessive addiction to fried and spicy food.
- Diphtheria( gray film).
- Decreased immunity.
- The consequence of bad habits - smoking, alcoholism.
- Chronic tonsillitis( plaque and throat, and tongue).
- Candidiasis of the oral cavity.
Location and nature of the plaque
What the gray coating on the tongue says, you can find out by its location:
- At the tip: heart or lung disease.
- Middle of tongue: problems with spleen.
- Lateral: Liver or gallbladder is likely to be affected.
- The root of the tongue: "malfunctioning" with the kidneys or intestines.
It is important to pay attention to the thickness of the layer: if it is thin, then the reasons for the fears are less. Such a plaque indicates a cold or a disease that has just begun to develop. If the plaque is thick, does not allow to see the natural coloration of the tongue - perhaps, the disease is serious, infectious.
The shade of gray can also guide you about the possible cause of the raid. For better perception, we presented the information in the form of a table.
|Nature of the||plaque Possible causes|
Hardly noticeable - a characteristic phenomenon for the hot season of the year.
Weak plaque - an unbalanced diet.
Saturated + other symptoms - diseases of the digestive tract, in particular liver, gallbladder. Can testify about stagnation of bile.
The lower part of the tongue is perhaps the onset of jaundice development.
|It is gray|| |
Incorrect work of internal organs. Most often it is the intestine or stomach.
Characteristic for avid smokers, alcoholics. Appears also in diseases of the lungs.
From here follows: plaque is the reason to consult a doctor.
Diagnosis and treatment
According to the location, color, density of the plaque, your attending physician is able to assume that you have a particular disease. Of course, the diagnosis will not only do this - the specialist will conduct a survey of the patient, the examination, in some cases will give direction for analyzes and instrumental examinations.
As it often happens, the causes and treatment of gray plaque in the language are interrelated. Plaque is not an independent disease, it is its symptom, a symptom that will go away with curing the ailment. If the reason lies in improper care of the oral cavity, unhealthy diets, the doctor will give you recommendations for hygienic procedures, making the right diet.
To ensure that the gray coating in the language does not spoil your aesthetic appearance, it is useful to adhere to the following simple rules:
- Maintain proper oral hygiene: cleaning the teeth and tongue in the morning and in the evening, and treating the mouth with antiseptic rinses.
- Healthy food: minimum salty, fatty, spicy, roasted, more fruits and vegetables, including stewed, boiled, steamed.
- Refusal from bad habits - smoking and alcohol.
- Healthy and active lifestyle.
All recommendations and recipes presented below will help to eliminate the unpleasant looking gray raid, and not the reason, which it was caused.
Traditional healers advise the following tools that will help you to get rid of the plaque in the language as soon as possible:
- Carrot juice. And he treats and eliminates education in the language. It is enough to lubricate the body with a tampon moistened with this juice several times a day.
- If the plaque is caused by the multiplication of bacteria, then decoctions from plantain, chamomile, oak bark, yarrow will help. For example:
- Decoction based on chamomile. Pour a few spoons of herbs 1 cup of boiling water. Wait 30 minutes. After that( if the broth is sufficiently cooled), you can already rinse the oral cavity. The procedure is carried out 1-3 times a day.
- Broth of oak bark.10 g of the base pour one cup of boiling water. Infusion time - 2 hours. This decoction is recommended to rinse your mouth after each meal, and also in the morning and in the evening, after you brush your teeth.
Gray plaque on the tongue has a lot of reasons - from the banal non-compliance with oral hygiene to serious illnesses. Learn, a sign of what it is, you can by its location, the nature of the hue, the thickness. However, in the presence of any doubt in a satisfactory state of their health, as well as other alarming symptoms, the diagnosis should still be entrusted to an experienced specialist. He will prescribe a treatment or give recommendations that will help you get rid of both the most unpleasant symptom and its cause.